Movies You Have Seen Lately

Gfted1

Don't try and watch "Date Movie".  My wife and I lasted 15 minutes.  It was horrid.

*Watches to see if he can beat Hurlshot and his wife*

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Don't try and watch "Date Movie".  My wife and I lasted 15 minutes.  It was horrid.

What made you think the movie would be worth watching?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I finished watching Jersey Girl a little while ago. That's a great show. Currently I'm watching The Jerk on my computer, since it won't play worth a lick in my dvd player or hexbox. It's pretty damn funny, though.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

What made you think the movie would be worth watching?

Honestly, I enjoyed the Scary Movie series, and most spoofs are worth a few laughs. Date Movie was supposedly from some of the writers that did Scary Movie, but I guess it's the Wayans brothers that are the talent behind those flicks. "Don't be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood" is still my favorite.

I saw Malick's The New World yesterday. Like other movies by the guy it's beautiful and has a very slow pace. I really loved it, although it might not be a lot of people's cup of tea.

The beginning, where the english first reach Virginia, is one of the most beautiful scenes I've seen.

Also, Q'orianka Kilcher is surprinsingly awesome. In fact the acting is pretty much top notch, although I felt that Colin Farrel couldn't keep up with the rest of the cast.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Colin Farrel has been getting murdered lately. I don't know what he thinks he's doing choosing roles like Alexander and the guy from The New World. He became famous playing a certain type of character, and it's not the lead one. He does a good job playing a roguish type character, but he's not ready for serious roles. He's got a lot of growing to do.

Just saw Crash...it was excellent.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hopeful? in what way?

Gosh, where to start?

I think it's hopeful because it shows how people can do appalling things but still have enormous capacity for good within them, how so many of the terrible things we see in the world have very little evil intent behind them, which to me offers the hope of change and making the world better by human action. It also shows how miracles can happen without the intervention of a God, just because someone did something thoughtful and the ripple effects of that spread out to help others.

Do you think I'm just seeing the things I want to see rather than what's actually going on in the movie?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hopeful? in what way?

Do you think I'm just seeing the things I want to see rather than what's actually going on in the movie?

Not at all, I think the film can leave different impressions upon the viewer. I assume you were referring the Matt Dillon character. With him I didn't feel that his character was redeemed - if he had known who was in the car and no witnesses were present would he have acted the same way?

I agree that the miracles in the film were uplifting but taken with the bad stuff, I think it sort of balances out. I thought the film was slightly depressing in that it seemed to say that people doing/saying bad stuff to each other was just a part of life.

I'm going to have to watch it again now... to try and see the hope. :(

Matt Dillon could have easily left her behind in the car. He fought for her life in the end. It shows the two opposing sides of his character. Clearly there is good in the man. He's trying to take care of his father. But there is also ugliness inside. The movies shows both.

Not at all, I think the film can leave different impressions upon the viewer. I assume you were referring the Matt Dillon character. With him I didn't feel that his character was redeemed - if he had known who was in the car and no witnesses were present would he have acted the same way?

I agree that the miracles in the film were uplifting but taken with the bad stuff, I think it sort of balances out. I thought the film was slightly depressing in that it seemed to say that people doing/saying bad stuff to each other was just a part of life.

I'm going to have to watch it again now... to try and see the hope. :mellow:

I thought it gave a strong sense of overall balance in life. For every negative action, every tragedy, every evil act, there's good right there to settle the scales again.

There was hope, I felt that much, but there was also a sense of stifling insignificance. All that those people went through, in the end, meant nothing to the rest of the world. The final crash gave the impression that, no matter how much we change on an individual level, it does little, if anything, to alter the world around us.

Though, thinking about it, that's where the real changes seem to start. At the individual level.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I assume you were referring the Matt Dillon character. With him I didn't feel that his character was redeemed - if he had known who was in the car and no witnesses were present would he have acted the same way?

I agree that the Matt Dillon character isn't redeemed, either by pulling Thandie Newton from the car or by having a hard life or a sick father, but it does point to a chance for redemption - that there's more good in him than bad. The same goes for other characters - notably Ryan Phillippe, Sandra Bullock and Ludacris (thanks IMDB :mellow: ).

There was hope, I felt that much, but there was also a sense of stifling insignificance. All that those people went through, in the end, meant nothing to the rest of the world. The final crash gave the impression that, no matter how much we change on an individual level, it does little, if anything, to alter the world around us.

Though, thinking about it, that's where the real changes seem to start. At the individual level.

Absolutely. When I watched the final crash, I though about how we live (if we're lucky) to fight and crash and try again another day. The film was an amazing portrayal of how people who don't even know each other can have profound and devastating effects on each other's lives - does that make us all insignificant or all super-powerful?

I found Crash to be much too sentimental and hollywoodised to deliver any real message. What could have been a thoughtful film became a standard hollywood clich

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The music sucked too.

Overly dramatized it and sort of made it cheesy, but not enough to drown out the overall message given. :)

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

Well, it's Hollywood, no big surprises there. Besides, the movie manages to be both intelligent and emotional, which I think is pretty impressive and always worth a try.

I finally saw Kill Bill vol 1 and 2 this weekend. Vol 1 kicked butt, while vol 2 stunk.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I introduced the brilliant "Commando" to my housemates this evening... there really isn't anything better than an 80s, homoerotic Arnie-film to make everyone giggle... awesomeness :D

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]