My Oblivion Character Thread

For the record, Kvatch mail is the ****. My character looks subtly medieval whilst still maintaining the fantasy aura. Plus the shield is cool.

Edit: On the other hand Kvatch itself is definetly not the **** on level 7 without healing potions. Don't try it.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You don't have to metagame to be able to enjoy Oblivion. I didn't give a crap about trying to raise every attribute with five every level, and I actually think I only got one or two fives in the entire game so far. Two was the most common number for me. Still, my character is good enough (the game is actually a breeze now) and the attributes I need the most are all 100.

I don't understand why you feel a need to metagame in Oblivion if you don't feel the same way in other games. Just raise the attribute you're aiming for and forget about the bonuses. Oh, and I didn't care about getting diverse major skills either. It really doesn't matter in the long run anyhow.

To be honest, saying that you're "forced" to metagame is bs. The only thing forcing you is your own head telling you to metagame, and the only thing that's sad is blaming the game for it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I haven't got a single 5 on my first character, currently level 20. Maybe I got one and I don't remember it. I just block out the bonuses and pick the ones I like, even Luck - Endurance a few times once Irealised I died in about 2 Clannfear hits (kvatch), Strength once those Elven / Dwarvens started dropping and I needed money for my enchanted items, etc. Sometimes you can block these things out easily, sometimes the invitation is so blatant to you that it feels weirder to resist. Like the 13/15/17 thing in most IE games.

I don't really care. I use bow a lot and sneak attack all the time, so bonuses tend to go to speed, agility and strength. I'm doing fine with chain armor and steel arrows.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Vislor Deathsinger

Nord

Slayer

Born under the sign of the Warrior. Prizes Strength and Endurance.

At level 11:

Str - 82

Int - 47

Will- 35

Agil- 57

Spe- 55

End- 77

Per -29

Lck -50

Major skills:

Armourer - 46

Athletics - 49

Blade - 70

Heavy Armour - 73

Restoration - 42

Marksman - 29

Speechcraft - 26 (a truly pointless skill)

Ranks:

Blades - Knight Brother

Fighters Guild - Protector

Dark Brotherhood - Eliminator

Arena - Brawler

Knights of the White Stallion - Knight Errant

Main Weapon: Akaviri Dai-katana enchanted with +15 points shock damage

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

^tr00ly

post-9032-1144505495.gif

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

You don't have to metagame to be able to enjoy Oblivion. I didn't give a crap about trying to raise every attribute with five every level, and I actually think I only got one or two fives in the entire game so far. Two was the most common number for me. Still, my character is good enough (the game is actually a breeze now) and the attributes I need the most are all 100.

I don't understand why you feel a need to metagame in Oblivion if you don't feel the same way in other games. Just raise the attribute you're aiming for and forget about the bonuses. Oh, and I didn't care about getting diverse major skills either. It really doesn't matter in the long run anyhow.

To be honest, saying that you're "forced" to metagame is bs. The only thing forcing you is your own head telling you to metagame, and the only thing that's sad is blaming the game for it.

It depends on the character build. Some builds will level up very fast and in a number of different areas. Which will in turn lead to a weak character. While we know that the curve eventually breaks, you still have to get to that point. Although I think the most compelling reason for getting str up's is to carry stuff rather than anything to do with combat.

My new character levels so slowly that +5's are pretty much a given (when wearing heavy armour and using a weapon of some sort).

Although it's finding stuff like dwarven at level 6 and silver at level 2 (as well as a +15 damage stone) that has made life very easy, rather than the stats.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Maybe a reality check from mkreku? Okay, so I'm not forced. After all, Catherine didn't get as high of marks and the game was just as easy for her. Like you, she averaged 2 for each bump.

Even so, I like Kasaroth's idea of making it a set amount. I'm too lazy to change it, but it's still a good idea.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

am not sure we ever saw a +5. maybe we gots a +4 once... or twice, but usually it were +2 and +3.

typically we used conjure, alteration, restoration and destruction... though we had a hard time getting destruction to level up at anywhere near the rate o' the others. blade and light armour did not advance at quite the rate of our other skills 'cause we typically were running away and our endurance and health stank so we could't afford to engage in combat to improve those skills and their linked attributes... 'cause we would be dead if we tried to do so.

wasted some few points on personality 'fore we realized how useless it were... and how using speechcraft were actually hurting us.

am not quite sure how the level-up process worked, so we couldn't really meta if we wished to. seemed likes we gots more quick leveling for using weaker destruction spells many times than we did for using powerful destrucion spells to kill enemies quick. on the other hand, we seemed to gets conjuration to level more quickly by conjuring as powerful a critter as possible. summon one of those bipedal crocodiles once were getting us more juice than summoning skeletons over and over.

the whole process were... odd.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My character, Obi-Wan :(. I created him to be a stealthy tank type that's self sufficent. He can sneak up and kill you in one hit from his blade, and if it comes down to it, can beat you in a straight up fight. If he gets hurt or needs to repair his armor, he can do it himself also. I leveled up marksman some, but I didn't use it that much.

Race: Imperial

Birthsign: The Warrior

Specialty: Combat

Main Attributes: Strength and Endurance

Level: 24

My attributes:

Strength-104

Intelligence-48

Willpower-38

Agility-83

Speed-54

Endurance-108 :wub:

Personality-73 ( it mostly comes from equipment)

Luck-75(I didn't touch this during level up at all)

Major Skills:

Armorer- 63

Blade- 101 :o

Block-64

Heavy Armor-85

Restoration-53

Marksman-36

Sneak-79

Minor Skills that are important:

Athletics-51

Acrobatics-53

Security-66 (buffed from the skeleton key)

And now for the factions:

Mages Guild Rank-Arch Mage

Knights of the White Stallion Rank-Knight Errant

Order of the Dragon Rank-Champion of Cyrodil

Knights of the Thorn Rank-Honorary Knight

Order of the Virtous Blood Rank-Brother

Fighters Guild Rank-Master

Thieves Guild Rank-Gray Fox

Arena Rank-Grand Champion

Dark Brotherhood Rank-Listener

Blades Rank-Knight Brother

A fame rating of 128 and an infamy rating of 57, and 137 quests completed. I think I ran through most of the content, and clearing dungeon after dungeon doesn't interest me. Oblivion feels shorter then Morrowind to me.

Figured out how to move and aim at the same time? =]

Anybody else annoyed that it takes like 10 elven arrows to drop anything?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

after playing 20 minutes with an archer/mage, we realized that w/o sneak such a character would pretty much be a waste.

start over.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Figured out how to move and aim at the same time?  :p

Anybody else annoyed that it takes like 10 elven arrows to drop anything?

Pretty pointless without either sneak or a magic bow. A +25 leech bow , now thats worth having. :(

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I have sneak. I get in that first shot for 3x, or more, then it still takes 5+ arrows per monster. Even when it's enchanted with 5pts of fire. And it's not that the skill is low, either.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I have sneak. I get in that first shot for 3x, or more, then it still takes 5+ arrows per monster. Even when it's enchanted with 5pts of fire. And it's not that the skill is low, either.

I just use bows to "pull" instead of getting swamped by a bunch of creatures. Havnt seen many magic bows so you will probably have to make your own.

478327[/snapback]

How viable is a Warrior Mage?

I like beating on things and then blasting them... or softening them up and then beating on them :D

Both or my characters have been warrior mages. The first more warrior than mage. The second more mage than warrior (much easier).

Conjuration is by far the most useful school in the game.

478327[/snapback]