My Oblivion Character Thread

Do they actually have cool summonings this time around?

The ones in morrowind kinda... sucked.

I'm not that far up the summoning tree yet. Looks like you can summon most of the things you come across in the game though.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

wicked >_<

Hopefully it's more cost effective :p

I wonder, how is enchanting? I really want to play Oblivion as a FPS... just like Morrowind :)

Well you either join the mages guild and make stuff that costs huge ammounts of money (easy enough once your in the mid-high teens). Or you find a magic stone inside each gate which you can pop in any item you like. Because the stones are random you either have to cheat , get very lucky, or close a lot of gates to get a specific one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I pretty much mow down everything with magic. Catherine was all mage all the time. Deirdre is a mage with a sword. The sword is good. It's working exactly as I intended. I use spells, but the sword comes in handy for finishing work.

From what I can tell, magic rules, but that's an observation based on what different people experienced at different levels. This is especially true if you can maneuver well in small spaces.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I got lucky when I entered Kvatch at level 10. As an archer. Yeah, it damn well was a challenge, but the sigil stone I managed to enchant my bow with gave 10 electric damage and I pretty much won the quest because of it. Well, my arrows were goen halfways through, because I counted on finding some on the way and didn't stockpile any.

The best part of Kvatch was when I stormed the castle with Suuvlan Matius, the captain. He would be blown unconscious after maybe three hits and I'd have to manage with a broken daedric longsword with my meager blade skill of 44 against a horde of daedra. :D Even though I kept yelling obscenities to the monsters everytime I missed my power attack or was staggered by a block("****! How's this even possible!" YOU SODDIN' ****MUNCHERS!"), it was actually rather enjoyable. I admit I did consider starting a new character when entering the church undercroft killed off all but one of the imperial legionnaires and the guard with the key(Ibean?) was killed right after, when entering the main yard revealed a dozen fire atronachs with a few clannfears and scamps to boot.

The worst thing in Kvatch was the horrible lighting and the governing grey tone. I had to turn brightness to max in order to manage some hits against my foes. Scaling also wanted to have buttsechs with my poor Jacques. There was a daedroth, 8 feet of grey crocodilish ninja turtle power, in the counts quarters. I tried, died and loaded and earlier save. Never saw that daedroth again, there was just another fire bitch after the load.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, now copy that for me, except replace level 10 with 13, and balde skill of 44 with blade skill of 20. :-

Eventually got through though. Then lucien lachance visited me when I slept in the Kvatch castle bed. :)

I made a spellsword in my current game. Destruction, Restoration, Conjuration, Alchemy, Blade, Light Armor, and Mysticism are my main skills. I open up most fights with a summoned critter, then I use my blade for up close fights and when the bugger backs away I blast him with fire or ice.

I made a spellsword in my current game.  Destruction, Restoration, Conjuration, Alchemy, Blade, Light Armor, and Mysticism are my main skills.  I open up most fights with a summoned critter, then I use my blade for up close fights and when the bugger backs away I blast him with fire or ice.

Summoned creatures are the best. But obviously not balanced for scaling.

Since I did Kvatch at level 2 I havnt realy found anything difficult in this game.

I like throwing spells when they go into block stance.

478327[/snapback]

Yes, I've heard of the power of summons but I have, as yet, not summoned a single create with either Catherine or Deirdre.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Arandie is an raven haired female Imperial turned Vampire who is a member of blades, champion of the arena, listener for the Dark Brotherhood. She started out as a knight, but has graduated towered light armour and stealth recently. She almost exclusively uses blades, but also carries a bow for long range attacks, and wears the robes of the Dark Brotherhood unless faced with multiple strong opponents. In those situations, Arandie will switch to a magically heavy armor, or, if the opponents are not hard, magically enhanced light armor.

Top 5 Stats:

Blade

Heavy Armor

Light Armor

Block

Hand-to-Hand

DN

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Here's the latest word on the my Oblivion Character. By the way, I was having a hard time finding an entrance to a cave. My horse was standing there, having fast traveled with me. For the first time, Deirdre mounted the horse in order to move it in hopes that the entrance was under the horse. Moving forward, the text announcing that I'd found the entrance showed on the screen. There you have it, my horse, for once, was useful.

EDIT: D'oh, Screenshot anyhow, some Deirdre goodness. You can't see her beautiful dark hair or fair complexion, but you can see all her great equipment.

Edited by Eldar

Obsidian Plays

Heh, my Warrior could soooo give her a run for her money, Eldar. Let's hope it's not too far of a run, since she's paying for his funeral.

post-2035-1145176283_thumb.jpg

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Eldar, I am amazed that you do not use the UI mod. Makes the font smaller to a reasonable size, meaning you can see +10 items/skills in one go and makes maps/journals wider.

I assume that the robe is the Black Hand robe? Nice creativity on enchanted items too. :shifty:

So we start throwing around with char screens, eh? Well, here are mine (in brand old Steel and some bought/chest-found Dwarven as enemies won't drop it for me :p):

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Here's the latest word on the my Oblivion Character.  By the way, I was having a hard time finding an entrance to a cave.  My horse was standing there, having fast traveled with me.  For the first time, Deirdre mounted the horse in order to move it in hopes that the entrance was under the horse.  Moving forward, the text announcing that I'd found the entrance showed on the screen.  There you have it, my horse, for once, was useful.

EDIT: D'oh, Screenshot  anyhow, some Deirdre goodness.  You can't see her beautiful dark hair or fair complexion, but you can see all her great equipment.

Um ... just take the helmet off, then .. :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I haven't installed any mods so far. I definitely should, though. I'll look into it.

mkreku should post a screenie of his character, since he's got him up to level 43 or some such.

As for Talryn, if we can run far, it would be tougher on the fighter. ...But if we hack it out in close quarters, then it would be tougher on the mage. Of course, the first thing Deirdre would do is show some shoulder and maybe a little bit of ankle. Then, while you were swooning, she would offer you a beer and you'd have a nice friendly visit.

Okay, it's time to get back to the main quest. I have a little artifact to take back to the blades.

Finally, the robe I'm wearing is the conjurer's robe that you get on the Mages' Guild story arc.

I considered giving creative names to my items, but then I went with convenience. When you craft items, it's always nice to know what you need and on what item. I really should have spent more time crafting things. It's sheer laziness, and the fact that I mow things down like a wheat thresher, that prevents me from crafting better stuff.

Alchemy, which I only took to bump intelligence, is sweet. My restore health and magic potions are awesome, but it's the light potions that really shine. heh heh heh. Seriously, like 101 light for... I dunno.... 300+ seconds. Some huge amount of feather for 645+ seconds. I was carrying around 900 lbs of equipment when I left the Worm King's aboad. ...And I take everything. Even if I only take it far enough to stick it in a chest in near the entrance, I swipe every item that can get me gold. There are some places in Cyrodil where an adventurer coming behind me would find no monsters and a chest near the front door containing several thousand gold worth of junk.

Finally, while I find Deirdre beautiful, I'd rather protect her pretty little head than look at it. For that reason, I keep a helm on her. :D

Obsidian Plays

Wintersun, what armor is that and (more importantly) how did you get it? :blink:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee