BREAKING NEWS: NWN2 SITE BACK UP

Llyranor

I dunno, I'm hopeful for the graphics. I just didn't like the sort of blue hazy look to NWN1's graphics.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I didn't like the blocky look and crappy textures...This is much, much better. Looks great, actually.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It looks almost as good as Oblivion(or even better!) (w00t)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Considering the 4 year difference between the two games, it's not that impressive that it looks better. It *should* look better. Ofc ourse, I think certain people underrate NWN's grapgics which were as good (if not better) than most RPGs out when it came out. ie. MW which looked like a piece of brown poo (quite literally, in fact!)...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I always thought Morrowind's graphics were breathtaking. The color choice was bland, but the graphics were great. Much better than NWN. NWN, as much as I've complained about it, had story and allowed a sense of accomplishment completely absent in Morrowind. I thought it was the engine until I played KotOR and discovered that the same essential engine could provide a lot of fun. In the same way that I've discovered that the Morrowind design principles can provide great gaming when applied as they are in Oblivion. Really, I see that particular time of NWN, MW, and IWD2 as actually a bad time for gaming, but I've been pleased by the games since then. KotOR/KotOR2, DS2, Oblivion, Jade Empire... all these games are quality titles that encourage me.

The fact that NWN2 is shaping up so well is quite hopeful for me. I'm even thinking about looking at some of the persistent worlds and bringing some of my real life friends into the experience.

I agree with LoneWolf, the graphics really are stunning. Let's hope the screenshots represent what we can expect on a normal rig.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Good news. ;) I wonder what took them so long - it doesn't look any different from what appeared so briefly a few weeks ago.

Still very much looking forward to this game, almost as much as Dreamfall.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Sweet. Like totally.

Also, concept art looks really atmospheric and most of the screenshots have that same feeling. Great job with graphics programming!

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Not at all, really. Oblivion has a first person shooter style perspective. Oblivion uses a completely different ruleset. In Oblivion, the character advances in level by advancing in his seven primary abilities. Those abilities advance as the character uses them. NWN uses the Dungeons and Dragons ruleset.

Obsidian Plays

Considering the  4 year difference between the two games, it's not that impressive that it looks better. It *should* look better. Ofc ourse, I think certain people underrate NWN's grapgics which were as good (if not better) than most RPGs out when it came out. ie. MW which looked like a piece of brown poo (quite literally, in fact!)...

Graphics it's only a compontent of the visuals of the game.

The design of those shots alone blows Oblivion out of the water for instance.

I always turn bloom/haze/blur off. It almost never fits the mood.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Kinda like the whole of this boards regulars? :blink:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds