Oblivion First Impressions

Hurlshort

One small annoyance; no matter what settings you change the Argonian's Jaw/Neck slope to, it stays puffing out in the inventory viewer. And another thing...I'm actually sort of sure that the Argo's don't change at all facially...I think the color is all that changes, since I've noticed that no matter what I do, the face always looks the same in the Inven. view, just different colors.

:thumbsup: Nobody cares...annnnnd moving on.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Just got it too, and i'm loving it so far. only gripes with it are that it's impossible to steal anything, and the overall easiness. i've just been spamming flare and that summon skeleton spell and everything is just way easy. And that the days seem too short. Got two mods already, too. One that disables the loading area-message and the other takes away fast travel. It's a lazy mans solution to a weak-minded mans dilemma :thumbsup: I might download a mod to make the days 10 times longer, that would actually force me to go to bed on the evenings or suffer the darkness for hours.

You got a mod that prevents you from doing something that you could have easily just never done yourself?

Get that sneak skill up, and you'll have no problems pickpocketing people.

Just got it too, and i'm loving it so far. only gripes with it are that it's impossible to steal anything, and the overall easiness. i've just been spamming flare and that summon skeleton spell and everything is just way easy. And that the days seem too short. Got two mods already, too. One that disables the loading area-message and the other takes away fast travel. It's a lazy mans solution to a weak-minded mans dilemma :thumbsup: I might download a mod to make the days 10 times longer, that would actually force me to go to bed on the evenings or suffer the darkness for hours.

You got a mod that prevents you from doing something that you could have easily just never done yourself?

Get that sneak skill up, and you'll have no problems pickpocketing people.

well as i said, i found it amusing and decided to install it, since i wont be using fast travel anyway. now i CAN'T use it. i'm hardcore.

and the reason stealing is impossible is that all the guards have x-ray vision and see if you have stolen goods and rush where you are immediatly.

Well, probably had a pretty bad mood in the weekend, played it abit more and this time I didn't get a "I wan't to play another game" every 15 min.

And I have gathered some additional quests... all FedEx again  :thumbsup:

I could rant again on some of the issues, but I won't. Please enjoy these pics of Radiant AI in full effect.

1: Hey! I am NOT the floor

2: So sad, he couldn't even made it to his bed :-

If all you've been able to find are FedEx quests, then you suck worse at this game than I do.

The very first quest I got in the Imperial City was not a FedEx quest.

Oh NOES, I have a confession to make. I started playing morrowind again because it's the only game I have that I haven't played much. Eventually it got interesting. Well, I had to look past the steaming-pile-of-dukies graphics, but after that there were a few decent and enjoyable rpg elements. I'll probably get Oblivion.

Edited by Blank

If all you've been able to find are FedEx quests, then you suck worse at this game than I do.

Hit me. Use spoilertags if you have to (do you mean the Arena fights?)

Still on the Imperial City FedEx quests, but now a vampire bit me! (is that supposed to happen already on lvl 8?) I can't see any negative stuff about being a vampire right now...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Stupid question #48

How the hell do I take screenshots? Printscreen doesnt work and the manual says didley squat about it. Its not listed in controls either.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Open oblivion.ini in the my games/oblivion map and find bAllowScreenShot=0 (just search the file for Screen and you'll find it), and turn it to bAllowScreenShot=1.

Way to hide stuff! Any way too to enable a FPS-counter like MW had (which never reached higher than 10 >_< )?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Hmmm, how do you raise your Mercantile? I figured it was selling and buying goods at aggressive haggle prices, but my Mercantile seems to have stopped at 47. I had improved it at one point...but now nothing. I've probably sold about 10k worth of goods as well >_<

Well, that's the only way mine has gone up so far. Just keep selling and buying.

There might be a cap on minor skills...anybody know?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hit me. Use spoilertags if you have to (do you mean the Arena fights?)

Still on the Imperial City FedEx quests, but now a vampire bit me! (is that supposed to happen already on lvl 8?) I can't see any negative stuff about being a vampire right now...

Are you sure you know what FedEx quests are? They refer to mundane quests that require you to transport objects around. Like: "Hello hero, I seem to have lost my magical spoon of smiting. Please go get it, and I will reward you upon your return." Or, "deliver this package to some d00d on the other side of the world for me plz."

There aren't really any quests like that in Oblivion that I've encountered, at least not in the Imperial city. The closest I've seen is having to find evidence of wrongdoing by sneaking into and searching someone's home, then returning the evidence to the relevant person. That was only one part of the quest though.

As for a mention of stolen loot earlier in this thread: Guards don't magically see it and run up to you, they only attempt to arrest you if you've been witnessed comitting a criminal act. I've had two potions I helped myself to in my inventory forever.

Yeah, I know what FedEx quests are, and I only got those (exception Arena) so far.

Some quest spoilers;

Thortir; get here, follow him, get there... tadaa

Thieves guild introduction: Get over there, then fetch item X for me there, and again there, and bring it here

Unfaithfull guards; Go to person X, then Y, then Z, then to X and Y again, then Z, then X and Y

The collector: Speaks for itself no?

Plants: Go get item X (rare plant) and then bring it to Y. He/She orders you to take it to Z; and I haven't gotten further

Sure, alot do not involve items perse; but I also count enormous long walks to meet person X, Y, Z, A, B and C before you finish it, without actually doing anything in between than walking as FedEx; as they are...

And alanschu; There have been dozens reports over at The Elder Scrolls Forums that if you get a skillpoint reward as bonus this breaks the skill for leveling. Did a quest reward for you involved a +merchantile boost?

^

Buy the manor in Anvil for a not so FedEx-like quest. That's all I am saying.

Except that I love that quest too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The next hardware release time is late summer, you can buy now or wait til then, your choice. Now Is a pretty good time.

Am I the only one who turned on HDR lighting in Oblivion and went "Hmm, this doesnt really look good at all" and switched it back off? All it did was add this weird blurry glaring to everything.

edit: screenshots still doesnt work, which button do I press and where does it put them? In the memory or in a folder as images?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

To kaftan... edit the file in My documents/my games/oblivion

Ingame you take them by (what a surprise) pressing the PRINT SCREEN. You cannot miss having takes a pic, since a

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Throronir quest is rather an intricate quest that required investigation and patience.  If you boil down every quest down in every CRPG every quest is a FedEx Quest of some sort.

Eh, requires investigation? :blink: How about every step is given... no thinking needed. Really, once you asked Throronir all steps are clearly given in the journal, from follow X to bring item X to Y etc.

Eh, requires patience? :blink: You mean patience as in "T-Rest patience" or "I have to follow person X around which is extremely boring patience"

And this one is a example of FedEx... point me (except battle supreme) to ONE point in the quest where it isn't walk to X, get item to X2, get to X3 and talk, get item to X2 again etc...

Now if the trailing actually meant something more than "walk beside them to their goal" it might have raised from it's FedEx position... but as it is...

The various GTA's have shown us it is possible with a follow meter and you have to stay near too... there trailing actually forced you to be stealthy, making these quest just that lil' bit more immersive...

But please feel free to point me wrong... just mentioning already I won't listen :p

Oh, if you rename a file you can have topless elf chicks.  :thumbsup:

Without mods? Oh, and it has a 15-rating! Heads will roll now!

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^