Oblivion First Impressions

Hurlshort

As the PC gains one level, so all the other NPCs, making his gains irrelevant, meaning worthless. Let's turn to wikipedia:
Zero-sum describes a situation in which a participant's gain or loss is exactly balanced by the losses or gains of the other participant(s).

What i am saying is that in fact in the motivation rows, the "why should i care" rows, you could place a null value, since no change of the surrounding context would ocurr, meaning that for x+0 you can put 1, 2, 3, 10000 but the result will always be Zero, so you very well can put Zero and get on with your life. If everyone wins something everyone stays in the same relative position, with the problem that you have to fight hard and spend time and resources to do it, while the others gain it automatically. So while your character gains a level, you in fact lost resources and time while not getting a real benefit in relation to the other parts of the gameworld, just status quo.

No.

Zero-sum

ze

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Just a word of warning metadigital, you are awefully close to the path of self-destruction that costed me my mod-ship...

And your sig doesn't work... not even with all add-blocks etc. turned off

On Oblivion-front: Haven't been able to play since last time

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Just a word of warning metadigital, you are awefully close to the path of self-destruction that costed me my mod-ship...

1. No, I am expressing a personal view in a calm and clear manner. But thanks for the thought! :)
  2. Might be wiki: the site is down at the moment. :)
  3. I can't understand why you continue to play the game, given your immense frustration with it. I am left to conclude that:
    • You like being frustrated;
    • You like moaning about being frustrated;
    • You aren't very bright.
      :-

Seriously, man, if the game bugs you so much, DON'T PLAY IT! Boot up KotOR, or Deus Ex or something else.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'll refrain from editing your post; mainly because it demonstrates that you have no argument to make, and have resorted to name-calling. :-
  1. I call it as I see it. Have you another explanation? Another way to express the issue? Go ahead: I am not closing the debate, I am just making my own personal observations. Rather than lowering the tone (much more than you are even accusing me of doing) by name-calling, why don't you come up with an argument? I will be the first to admit if it's right.

2. The poster attacked my spelling; I was acting in self-defence. (Go and look.) Or should I just sit and be a target?

But thanks for playing! :)

Edit whatever you like - you're the one with the authority here - and I was simply calling it as I see it. I'll leave the "thanks for playing" quip out in return but that just confirmed my suspicion.

I see Briosafreak accusing you of poorly thought out arguments but nothing about spelling. I made my arguments earlier in the thread, so I'll leave you to it.

1. No, I am expressing a personal view in a calm and clear manner. But thanks for the thought! :)

2. Might be wiki: the site is down at the moment. :)

3. I can't understand why you continue to play the game, given your immense frustration with it. I am left to conclude that:
      :-

Seriously, man, if the game bugs you so much, DON'T PLAY IT! Boot up KotOR, or Deus Ex or something else.

See now while I would say you could make those sort of comments as a user and probably get away with it. I don't see it as a moderators role to make personal attacks on other members.

So wookie (er hassat) is wise in his words.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

[*]No, I am expressing a personal view in a calm and clear manner. But thanks for the thought! :)

[*]Might be wiki: the site is down at the moment. :)

[*]I can't understand why you continue to play the game, given your immense frustration with it. I am left to conclude that:

:)

1. Doesn't matter... As long as other posters think it up as hostile. The "I don't do/say X because you are a mod" stuff are some bad omens... :)"

2. Guess that could be it

3. Because it IS fun...

3.2 I like hunting bugs and than whine about it to the QA-squad; kind of a hobby :p

3.3 See 3.2

3.4 Probably also part of it, yes...

End of list comment reply; The bugs don't bug me... I love 'em. I also love bugging the people who should have kept that stuff out... Oblivion/SS is such a nice and easy target for this... :-

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

1. No, I am expressing a personal view in a calm and clear manner. But thanks for the thought! :-

You're overlooking one thing... you're kind of a mod now, so there are some things you should and shouldn't do.. belittling people is bad when you're a mod as it reflects on the forums as a whole.

Edit whatever you like - you're the one with the authority here - and I was simply calling it as I see it.  I'll leave the "thanks for playing" quip out in return but that just confirmed my suspicion.

I see Briosafreak accusing you of poorly thought out arguments but nothing about spelling.  I made my arguments earlier in the thread, so I'll leave you to it.

Buddy, you didn't make any arguments. At all. You were very unkind and accused me of being a hybrid offspring of a male donkey and a female horse. Remember?

And Briosafreak did accuse me of poor syntax, but I don't expect your reading comprehension to be very high, considering your responses.

But, please, if you have something constructive to say on-topic, rather than taking pot-shots at me, do so.

Thanks again! :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Breakdown of a soon-to-be-follower

Buddy, you didn't make any arguments. At all. You were very unkind and accused me of being a hybrid offspring of a male donkey and a female horse. Remember?

Dispite how un-nice people are toward you, you have to be nice to them. Failure to do so result in complaints at the Green Dragon's Desk... Or so experience tells me

And Briosafreak did accuse me of poor syntax, but I don't expect your reading comprehension to be very high, considering your responses.

Stuff like this is "bye bye"

But, please, if you have something constructive to say on-topic, rather than taking pot-shots at me, do so.

Stuff like this is "bye bye"

Thanks again! :(

And now I agree with Nick and Llyranor (for this time) that after 83 pages a Part II may be welcomed...

Edit; sig returned...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

You're overlooking one thing... you're kind of a mod now, so there are some things you should and shouldn't do.. belittling people is bad when you're a mod as it reflects on the forums as a whole.

Wow, hang on here. Who did I belittle? I was being attacked, remember?

metadigital [...] why are you still replying with poorly thought short sentences? Don't you have some moderation to do, or go and buy the horses armour? :)

They were made just for the gamers like you, enjoy.

I was simply responding in a defensive posture.

Secondly, just because I clean up the mess left by some of you, doesn't mean I can't participate in the conversation. I have been completely friendly and NONE of my posts contain any assaulting language or terms. (Except for the comment to the my furry friend, vide sub).

See now while I would say you could make those sort of comments as a user and probably get away with it. I don't see it as a moderators role to make personal attacks on other members.

So wookie (er hassat) is wise in his words.

I see, so because you interpret my comments as an attack on the wookiee, they must be? Even though our rapport allows us to (SHOCK! :() make tongue-in-cheek remarks like that to each other.

You've convinced me!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Then let me just add to to your tomes of trivial knowledge that I have yet again done my usual thing and realised halfway through the game that my build is completely off and that Ive had to resort to cheating to make it playable. ( changed my class with ShowClassMenu )

( Ill say as Mkreku, do not take persuasion as a class skill )

p.s

but its not my fault that Bethesda are completely incompetent at writing manuals. I shouldnt have to buy a strategy guide to be able to figure out what is useful and what isnt.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Then let me just add to to your tomes of trivial knowledge that I have yet again done my usual thing and realised halfway through the game that my build is completely off and that Ive had to resort to cheating to make it playable.

( Ill say as Mkreku, do not take persuasion as a class skill )

p.s

but its not my fault that Bethesda are completely incompetent at writing manuals. I shouldnt have to buy a strategy guide to be able to figure out what is useful and what isnt.

Whats the problem ?

Speechcraft ?

True.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Atleast the manual is better than the ingame help :shifty:

Long live forums...

^