Oblivion First Impressions

Hurlshort

They could in Morrowind. ;)

Oh, and my game also has a habit of crashing everytime I quit it. But I don't count those crashes as they really do not bother my gaming experience. I have stopped sending the error report to Microsoft at least ;))

I think Microsoft WANTS all those reports ... it's good for them to receive the errors ... in quanitity. ;)... Sort of like a cosmic karma rebalancing ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmmm. Maybe I should hold onto a Daedric dagger for emergencies.

I have an enchanted weapon at the moment (as well as a glass sword), so it's not a deal breaker. But it is nice to know.

In other news, I found another Fence. It was opened up when I became a "cat burglar" :)

Edited by alanschu

yup, you gotta pretty much destroy and reload the entire games resources, tand setup the GFX card again.... The input devices, the sound card... It's a nightmare! Though I would guess that the coders at beth's will have an extremely ingenius system for this.

It's a bad idea to alt-tab out of any game! Thankfully DX10 will pretty much in 99% of circumstances do away with the need for this process.

Wow. :blink:

I didn't know any of that, but Oblivion is the only one of my games currently on my HD (40 total) that won't let me Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Esc to address something on my desktop, be it an anti-virus update or a simple IM.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

So I've got the game now. The only game I've purchased at full price in a LONG time. Must say I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. The game looks amazing and runs the same. I'm liking the combat a lot more, too, as it doesn't seem like an exercise in futility.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Just got it too, and i'm loving it so far. only gripes with it are that it's impossible to steal anything, and the overall easiness. i've just been spamming flare and that summon skeleton spell and everything is just way easy. And that the days seem too short. Got two mods already, too. One that disables the loading area-message and the other takes away fast travel. It's a lazy mans solution to a weak-minded mans dilemma :blink: I might download a mod to make the days 10 times longer, that would actually force me to go to bed on the evenings or suffer the darkness for hours.

It's a lazy mans solution to a weak-minded mans dilemma :blink:

Not necessarily. The mod that disables the loading message is entirely justified, and it's just mind boggling why something so obvious couldn't have been handled better by Bethesda. Even a small hourglass at one of the screen's corners would have sufficed.

It's a lazy mans solution to a weak-minded mans dilemma :blink:

Not necessarily. The mod that disables the loading message is entirely justified, and it's just mind boggling why something so obvious couldn't have been handled better by Bethesda. Even a small hourglass at one of the screen's corners would have sufficed.

I was referring to fast travel, not the loading message.

mods already, huh?

I've run into a re-occuring bug... I'm fighting hand to hand most o the time and nearly every time I kill something with a big hit (critical or heavy attack) I get a CTD. It's annoying, but not so bad in that it only takes a second to get back into the game. Anybody else experienced this?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Just got it too, and i'm loving it so far. only gripes with it are that it's impossible to steal anything, and the overall easiness. i've just been spamming flare and that summon skeleton spell and everything is just way easy. And that the days seem too short. Got two mods already, too. One that disables the loading area-message and the other takes away fast travel. It's a lazy mans solution to a weak-minded mans dilemma :blink: I might download a mod to make the days 10 times longer, that would actually force me to go to bed on the evenings or suffer the darkness for hours.

Why would you need a mod to remove the fast-travel option? Wouldn't it be simpler to just not use it? (I apologize if this question is somehow stupid-- I don't have the game (or a computer that will run it).)

Why would you need a mod to remove the fast-travel option? Wouldn't it be simpler to just not use it? (I apologize if this question is somehow stupid-- I don't have the game (or a computer that will run it).)

yeah, only that i'd just end up using it. i dunno, works this way too :) i thought it was kind of silly, and thought why not, since i wasnt gonna plan on using fast travel anyway.

Well, probably had a pretty bad mood in the weekend, played it abit more and this time I didn't get a "I wan't to play another game" every 15 min.

And I have gathered some additional quests... all FedEx again :blink:

I could rant again on some of the issues, but I won't. Please enjoy these pics of Radiant AI in full effect.

1: Hey! I am NOT the floor

2: So sad, he couldn't even made it to his bed :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I just ordered the game; I should have an opinion by the end of the week. From some of the reviews here, it sounds quite decent.

It is. But I think It's the sort of game where the score will drop as you play it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]