Why do you hate YOUR country

Meshugger

America:

Drinking age is 21. If I'm old enough to fight for my country, I'm old enough to drink damnit! :D

So you can kill people but you can't drink alcohol?? :)

You americans are mad!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

America:

Drinking age is 21. If I'm old enough to fight for my country, I'm old enough to drink damnit! :D

So you can kill people but you can't drink alcohol?? ;)

You americans are mad!

Same with Hollywood. You can kill and destroy much as you want, but if you have sex in movie, it is immediatly rated R.

Back to topic: Finland

-Very bad angst. Quoting one of our game reviewers with my bad english: In Finland lives gloomy people, who laughes when neighbor cuts his kneecap with axe. Typical finnish man angsts whole week and at weekend he is drunk, lonely and sad.

Well, little bit extravagant, but there is seed of thruth there.

-You must be mediocre, like other finns have said.

-We are very serious people. Scifi/fantasy and all sorts of "overnatural" things are for kids. People who like those things and aint kids, should become more "adult".

- Connected to that ^ : No much scifi from tv. Gosh, X-Files are propably only scifi show that other people than "nerds" and "weirdos" have liked.

- Racism.

But after all, I like Finland :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It doesn't if you see everything as a "right" that is granted as a rite.

Having a later drinking age makes more sense when you think about the scale of death, injury and illness and the subsequent cost to society that this means. ;)

Similarly, for example, there is quite a movement to decriminalize marijuana: current research would indicate that (for those in danger of psychotic ill-effects) the age of greatest susceptibility extends into early twenties. And that is only considering the personal harm and costs to society for treatment.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

America:

Strange rules we have. You are old enough to enlist in the military, put your life on the line with the chance to die, yet you can not drink? :rolleyes:

Thats a dumb rule. You are old enough to go to war and die for your country, but you aren't allowed to drink.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

America:

Strange rules we have. You are old enough to enlist in the military, put your life on the line with the chance to die, yet you can not drink? :rolleyes:

Thats a dumb rule. You are old enough to go to war and die for your country, but you aren't allowed to drink.

What the hell is up with that rule. If someone's going to put their mug in the line of fire, the very least we should offer is to fill it up. When sh*t goes down and bullets are zipping past my ears, I know what I'd want by my side - a good flask of whiskey (and some grenades)!

manthing2.jpg

Stopping people fromd rinking 'til they are 21 doesnt stop death. This is a fact. Adults of all ages cause drinking and driving accidents.

It's funny, the age limit here in Kanada is 19 yet we're no worse off in these terms than our Southern enighbours.

It's a dumb law by the US. And, Kanada. Age limit should be 18. At maximum. Period.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Im from Australia, i love it its cool democracy pwn nubs

lets see what people can rip about it?

I hate the accents.

lmao, thats just a steriotype, we dont have bad accents like country hicks, well atleast our accents are better then yanks :shifty:

Only when they over do it, like that alligator/crocodile wildlife dude.  <_<

yep steve erwin makes australia look like we all like him

Im from Australia, i love it its cool democracy pwn nubs

lets see what people can rip about it?

I hate the accents.

lmao, thats just a steriotype, we dont have bad accents like country hicks, well atleast our accents are better then yanks :-

No, the broad nasal accent of the worst of the Australians is appalling. Worse than a Kiwi accent. Almost. :shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Austrians= former penal colony decendents.

Was that in the time of The Holy Roman Empire ?!? :ermm:

I know those emperors partially created the mess we see today in the Balkans, but still...

But yeah, them austrians do have funny accents. So do Danes btw. when they try to speak english. In my old company, they had a game where newcomers should guess the different nationalities in the team. Danes (me included) were easy to pick out due to our accents :">

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If you would just unclodge the hot potato from ye mouth once in a while, people would probably understand a whole lot better. :D

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My tongue can't adjust to English, tis silly language lacks the glutaral beauty of Danish. o:)

Oh and Mus, you wouldn't happen to have that link Mkreku posted of Finnish disco talk would ya? :-

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Now that you mentioned it, no, I don't think I have the link.

Would you mind...?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Especially the "Jysk" version of English ... :ph34r: shivers run down my spine whenever I hear it..

but then any kind of Danish accent in English sounds horrific to me...

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm curious, why is there such a huge contigent of Danes here? I can't see many Norrs or Swedes, but there seems to be a Dane for every thread nowadays.

kirottu said: