Why do you hate YOUR country

Meshugger

I don't like the queen... she hardly ever does anything relating to Canada.... I have no idea why we're still with her (not that I want war, just saying I prefer Stephen Harper then a queen with no interest in us)

PS: I MAY be wrong about a few things here.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yes I am wrong or Yes you agree? ;)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

WoW! Good thing they are America's little puppets.

What's Canada? :x

this is what i hate about canada. half of everyone in USA doesn't know we exist.

and yes, we have soldiers... but not that many.

I was being sarcastic. I'm not an American either. I'm a Brit. I know full well where Canada is and what it is. A colony that asked for its independence rather than declare war with a red maple leaf on white for it's flag. :lol::sorcerer:

:huh:

Canada is still a british colony. We pay tribute to the Queen every year and we just appointed a new General Governor.

What's the deal with this colony stuff anyway? A colony is, say, what Greenland is to Denmark, there's not really a lot of people up there and they can't really support themselves. Canada, with what 20-30 million people?, still under the commonwealth? :o

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Independent countries that have the reigning monarch of Britain (Queen Elizabeth II) as the head of state.

Basically the Queen, and in her stead the Governors-General of each commonwealth Country, are the equivalent of the President. They sign legislation passed by the two houses of parliament into law, and (in Australia in the 1970s, at least) are able to disolve parliament and ask for the electorate to vote a new government in.

Membership of the Commonwealth is now strictly voluntary: it is the the advantage of those member states to be there (Caribbean neighbours have vastly different tarrifs on their prospective banana imports into Britain, for example).

Also, Australia gets to beat England by 84 gold medals to 30 in the Commonwealth Games. :sorcerer:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What's the deal with this colony stuff anyway? A colony is, say, what Greenland is to Denmark, there's not really a lot of people up there and they can't really support themselves. Canada, with what 20-30 million people?, still under the commonwealth? :o

I refer to you the great Wiki :

Colony : "In politics and in history, a colony is a territory under the immediate political control of a geographically-distant state."

For Canada this is still true. The top dog of Canada is still the Queen of England.

The top dog of Canada is still the Queen of England.

Top bitch? :o

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah I know how it works, just wondering why nations as big as Canada and Australia wouldn't want their own head of state, I can understand why smaller nations who benefits from being in such a union wouldn't want to quit. Meh, maybe I just don't understand it. :o

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Yeah I know how it works, just wondering why nations as big as Canada and Australia wouldn't want their own head of state, I can understand why smaller nations who benefits from being in such a union wouldn't want to quit. Meh, maybe I just don't understand it.  ;)

We just haven't bothered to get rid of the Queen as our head of state. We're pretty apathetic on this issue. A lot of people could care less and so nothing is done about it.

Alright, it's just that we have a queen too as head of state, the oldest royal bloodline in Europe, with pretty huge public support. I just couldn't picture having another nations queen as my head of state. ;)

DENMARK!

Yeah I know how it works, just wondering why nations as big as Canada and Australia wouldn't want their own head of state, I can understand why smaller nations who benefits from being in such a union wouldn't want to quit. Meh, maybe I just don't understand it.  :ermm:

The biggest hurdle (for Australia) is coming up with a suitable replacement. Who's going to be the President? And how will the system work: just replace the Queen as Head of State with a President? Then what? (Don't forget that about 90% of Australians are British descendants.) At this point all the alternatives fall about in disunion.

The current system is stable and it works. Screw around with it and anything is possible: the currency could fall through the floor, for example, as it is subject to the confidence of the stock market locker-room.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The current system is stable and it works. Screw around with it and anything is possible: the currency could fall through the floor, for example, as it is subject to the confidence of the stock market locker-room.
Not to mention replacing the picture of Elizabeth on all the coins... :ermm:"

Everyone,if you live in China then back to you homeland,you know you homeland is heaven.
Believe or not FoD, there are lots of places out there who are worse :o

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Not to mention replacing the picture of Elizabeth on all the coins... :ermm:"

Yeah, QE2 is actually very popular. Unlike politicians, who are the only people that would be nominated for the Presidency (although Prime Minister Howard received a standing ovation at the Commonwelath Games in Melbourne, last month, after a decade of leadership with almost as many surpluses and consequent tax reductions: an exemplar). And when HRH does pass the batton on, her royal son isn't at all popular. (A bit like George IV.)

The point is that the political mechanism is sound, regardless of the figurehead. Australia swung from the apron strings of Great Britain to the USA during WW2, and has stayed there since.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't get me wrong Meta, I too believe having a Queen or King is by far more interesting than some President who doesn't hold any power whatsoever, (not that our monarchs do, but it's just different) whom hardly noone outside the country knows anything about. (as in the president of Germany, for example)

Yes, I'm a royalist. :cool:

DENMARK!

The monarchy in Britain works well because the Queen has an unequalled commitment to duty. She has met with every Prime Minister every week, for fifty years. That's a lot of intel ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Should it ever come to a test of strength between Queen and parliament (in Denmark), I know which one I would put my money on (hint: It's not the parliament) :o"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein