Why do you hate YOUR country

Meshugger

As the thread says, state the country you live, and name the reasons you hate it. You're not allowed to bash another persons country.

My country: Finland

- We envy everything. In Finland you're not allowed to be rich, and you sure as hell are not allowed to good at anything. You're born mediocre, will go to school, work and die.

- We can't be happy. Happiness is for gay people only, being drunk is an exception though.

- Dispite having a rather large football following, we haven't yet been able to qualify to the world cup, meh.

What do hate about your country?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't hate my country. :wub:

ERRRR! RED CARD!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Have you seen the Dutch immigration video ? It's a classic.

It basically says we don't like you and we don't want you here. We are an unfriendly bunch,its cold and it it rains a lot.

You will see half naked women at the beach and you will see gay people making out in public. If you don't like it then dont come here.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Denmark:

We have something here called Jantelov, which is bacically an unwritten law about how you shouldn't rise above the masses, as they'll pull you down to the standard level of mediocracy... Sounds a bit like what they have in Finland, must be a nordic thing. <_<

However, we do laugh, a lot. As for gays kissing, I have't seen it. :)

Oh, and our outrageously high car registration prices and taxes, only the super rich can buy the really nice cars. (and I'm not even talking about sportscars here)

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

USA

I hate the fact that masses of intolerant people use religion as a shield for their bigotry and hatred. Drop the act and admit you're an a-hole.

I hate the fact that hockey is not our national sport.

I hate the insurance system, particularly medical.

-Politicians, everyone one knows they're full of it and almost everyone is corrupt.

-People, there's too many spoiled kids who have no idea of what work is and they're going to be sent to one of best colleges. Either flunk out or have their daddy bribe the teachers. Than end up getting a high paying job at

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

USA

I hate the fact that masses of intolerant people use religion as a shield for their bigotry and hatred.  Drop the act and admit you're an a-hole.

I hate the insurance system, particularly medical.

Add that to my list! :)

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Something that i actually wrong with the country of Sweden itself, Im talking the actual 449,964 km

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Denmark:

We have something here called Jantelov, which is bacically an unwritten law about how you shouldn't rise above the masses, as they'll pull you down to the standard level of mediocracy... Sounds a bit like what they have in Finland, must be a nordic thing.  <_<

That seems to be a common attitude in most cultures, except for the USA. Seems to be the motivating force behind this current cult of celebrity, which demands fresh (ephemeral quasi-celebrity) sacrifices to perpetuate it.

In Australia, for example, the practice is called the Tall Poppy Syndrome.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

my country the us of a.

I do not like the arrogance of this country. They are not worldly in their affairs and respect to other countries. We treat others as if they should be like us and that is wrong. Why do you think we failed in Viet Nam, and now the middle East? We are failing to realize that there is a different culture from our own and treat them with respect. Instead we try to convert them to the "American Way".

Our education sucks. We do not require our kids to speak in another language, unlike other countries whose children learn to speak in two or more languages. Kids in our school get by with the "basics", which is they basically graduate from high school with the mentality of a 5th grader. We graduate school not being able to speak our language perfectly or use proper grammar in an acceptable manner. People who take English as a second language speak it better than Americans.

Our health care is something to be desired. High costs for medical because of frivolous lawsuits.

I agree with Gabs on the arrogance and and health care, but as a teacher, I gotta defend education a bit.

Education is far from perfect in the US, but it gives a lot more opportunity to succeed than many other parts of the world. Many countries lead students into trade schools at an early age, whereas the US has tons of programs to allow any student the chance to attend college.

The US is also a very unique entity. It's frickin' huge, and it has an incredibly diverse population. It's a melting pot unlike any other country. It's tough to create a cohesive education plan under these circumstances, particularly when it comes to language.

The US is still turning out a tremendous amount of talented young people. Many countries still send their best and brightest to the US to finish their educations. As I've said, the system is far from perfect, but I'd like to think it's slowly improving each year.

I hate how the swedish government chickens out when it comes to the big issues. Instead of declaring our unconditional support to Denmark in the case of the Muhammed-pictures, we did nothing, which annoys me to no end. Our government forced a one minute silent minute for the 9/11 disaster, yet fails to force a similar silence for any other catastrophe that occurs around the world (G

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Complaints: Only a few.

1. Education. Sorry Hurlshot, but I have to disagree on this...which makes sense, being that we're in different roles, mine being the student. I actually used to enjoy learning new and useful things, still do, but the current system is assuredly broken. I don't have the drive anymore. It's all the same thing, over and over, over and over, year after year. Were it useful, it'd be ok, but what do I need synthetic division for outside those walls? Nothing. And the argument that it teaches logic is a bit silly, since there are many other ways to teach that without resorting to repetition and...ok, I just hate math. With a passion. Why I'm becoming an English major...

Anyway, the system is broken. There's much more emphasis on the damned letters the schools turn in to their respective states than on the kids actually learning anything. In fact, so long as they keep turning in those A's, they're happy. We need a system change. I actually want to be interested again, damn it.

2. The current administration......they suck. A lot.

3. The Patriot Act

4. Psychotic fundamentalists in government positions. :luck:

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

my country the us of a.

I do not like the arrogance of this country. They are not worldly in their affairs and respect to other countries. We treat others as if they should be like us and that is wrong. Why do you think we failed in Viet Nam, and now the middle East? We are failing to realize that there is a different culture from our own and treat them with respect. Instead we try to convert them to the "American Way". Becuase it's the best way.  :luck:

Our education sucks. We do not require our kids to speak in another language, two years of a foreign language unlike other countries whose children learn to speak in two or more languages who?. Kids in our school get by with the "basics", which is they basically graduate from high school with the mentality of a 5th grader.  If you're in academic(or college prep), there's also Pre-AP and than AP. We leave school not being able to speak our language perfectly or use proper grammar in an acceptable manner. I blame people and their need to fit into some streotype or another. People who's second language is English do better than Americans. It's becuase they're a minority, they get all sorts of benifets that makes me want to throw up.

Our health care is something to be desired. High costs for medical because of frivolous lawsuits. Don't forget about our insurance!

Another I hate about the US, minorities get too much benefits. Really. Mostly of these laws were put in place back in the 60s to prevent minorities from succeeding. There's a lot less racists now a days and if someone doesn't hire you or accept you, than you can always sue.

Another thing, if you're in the top ten percent at your school you guaranteed to get into any state school. You could be in a school filled with druggies, it doesn't matter. The way I see it, is that it takes away other people's opportunity, people who have tried harder. Who do you think should get into UT(or your state's top school). Someone's who's grade's equal to about a 96 together (but is in the top 11%) or some druggie from Southeast Dallas (or your local slums) who maybe has a B- average.

Edited by Craigboy2