Why do you hate YOUR country

Meshugger

4. Curling being considered our 'official national sport'. That's crap. It should be friggin' hockey.

WTF are you talking about? Hockey is the official national winter sport and Lacrosse is the official national summer sport from what I recall. Where did you hear that curling was our national sport? ;)

EDIT: Gabs: Curling

Edited by Deraldin

As others have said, I don't hate my country (the UK), I dislike some aspects of the country and a lot of things the government and people do.

One thing I dislike is the way the British make stupid jokes about the French and Germans all the time. They're not funny, well-observed or original, but just because they're at the expense of the French and Germans, everybody laughs.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

My Country: Canada

What I hate about it: How 90% of Alberta wants us to be the US. How a little less than half of Quebec wants to leave despite us giving them pretty much whatever they want whenever they want it. Quebec is part of Canada's national identity, it almost seems selfish of them to want to leave. Thats speaking from an Anglophone point of view though.

Also, we have crappy cell phone plans and no access to Cartoon Network, Comedy Central or Sci-Fi network without using illegal satellite. Instead we have crappy canadian equivalents like Teletoon(which has like 3 good shows), The Comedy Network(which shows 3 year old Comedy Central reruns), and Space. Though Space is a pretty cool channel.

I also hate how all the CBC original programming sucks. The only good stuff on it is its news coverage, political satire, and Hockey Night in Canada.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The tendency to keep bringing up past glories as if that somehow would matter to present-day concerns. If I see one more RTP1 broadcast with footage that's older than a decade, I'm gonna turn into Manuel Subtil #2. In fact, I pretty much avoid national television right now partially because of that; the only thing I watch their are series like Lost, The Shield or Dr. House.

The D.Sebasti

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

First off, I don't hate my country. In fact, I think if someone hates their country they should simply move if at all possible.

THINGS I HATE ABOUT KANADA;

1. Arrogance. When non Kanadians talk about Kanada they discuss our 'niceness', 'non arrogance'. It is a myth. We are arrogant, and we truly believe we are the best country in the world.

2. Jealousy. Even with our arrogance we are most definitely jealous of the US. It reeks in everything we do. We claim to be different, and we s trive our best to be different yet  we do everything to be them, to be better than them, to show them up.

3. Poor Method of Selecting Our Prime Ministers. Other countries allow their citizens to choose their individual leader. We don't truly get that option. We get stuck voting based on party. Menaing if you prefer the Liberal in your area; but want the PC leader to be PM, you a re in a huge pickle.

4. Curling being considered our 'official national sport'. That's crap. It should be friggin' hockey.

1. Yup, we do believe we have the best country in the world, but unlike many americans, we don't try to shove it in people's faces, and those who do, we generally don't like.

2. Yup, while our values tend to be closer to European values than American values, our proximity to the US does cause us to soak up their culture.

3. Yeah, like in the last election I wanted Paul Martin as PM, but wanted to vote NDP.

4. Hockey is our national winter sport, Lacrosse is summer. What gave you the idea that curling was our national sport?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Canada's only distinguishing characteristic is that it isn't America. This can be understood by the contrasts between the countries that Canadians constantly reference.

Our most distinguishing characteristic is that we have no distinguishing characteristic. We're just a mish mash of everyone elses distinguishing characteristics, as evidenced by Vancouver's own Mr. Toddish McWong here:

gung-haggis2005-todd380.JPG

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

He holds a dinner party every year to celebrate Chinese New Year and Robbie Burns Day. A couple years ago they had Haggis Wonton Soup. He's become kind of a symbol of Vancouvers multiculturalism.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bassically, I hate the people in America.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

ALL OF THEM!

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

First off, I don't hate my country. In fact, I think if someone hates their country they should simply move if at all possible.

Move? Where?

ALL OF THEM!

Even your self?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Volourn meant out of their country Craigboy2.

Well, our users have posted a total of 2799 articles.

Yes, incisive investigative articles.

Edited by Nartwak

ALL OF THEM!

Even your self?

ALL OF THEM!

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Volourn meant out of their country Craigboy2.

Well, our users have posted a total of 2799 articles.

Yes, incisive investigative articles.

I know but just because you can leave your country doesn't mean your ideal country is out there.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

That doesn't mean it's not.

...just because you can leave your country doesn't mean your ideal country is out there.

Only one way to find out... :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That doesn't mean it's not.

But doesn't mean it is.

...just because you can leave your country doesn't mean your ideal country is out there.

Only one way to find out... :-

It'll be a long and near pointless journey that someone will probably end up wasting their life on only to discover that they should have just improved upon what they already have.

Edited by Craigboy2