USA rules in Soccer (football)

Ellester

Here's a little fun fact about your 'list':

Denmark (my country, which is ranked 14'th) managed to just miss qualifying for the world cup, for once, whereas Sweden (ranked 16'th) came second in its group and proceeded as one of the best runner up teams.

So, what's with the pipe again? :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

hey, upsets happen all the time. that's why they have the word upset!

you know, as well as the US team has been performing the last few years or so, you'd think we'd have a stronger professional scene over here. it's just not so. too bad. i grew up in a place where there are more soccer fields than baseball fields (st. louis, MO) and kids learn how to kick a ball before batting one. soccer is actually nationally bigger than baseball with children (probably because it is cheaper), yet once we get out of high school... no more interest.

oh well.

thankfully, from a child raising stand point, colorado is big on soccer, too.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

Are you by any chance forgetting the inherent effeminateness of soccer? Not saying that's bad thing, certainly not, In all actuality I find women's panties rather comfortable and charming, but I would assuredly not like to be seen wrestling peculiarly beefy men in them.

I hope England get knocked out quick. Having to hear people over rate their chances on every sports channel gets old.

FIFA would be overjoyed if USA won. It would mean more money.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

are the green lines in the sig necessary?

Of course

What's wrong Baley dear, didn't Romania qualify?  :cat:

To be oh so honest, I wouldn't call constantly staring at 22 random dweebs in flirtatiously tight pants a fun mental exercise, especially when they try to, in a most Herculeanly laborious fashion, hit a small, round ball. I blame the TV.

Last to be picked on the team?

Also FIFA rankings are weird. That is scientific fact.

Or perhaps the team just had their way with him... (might just be my dirty imagination, but wtf) :cat:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

we got nothing 'gainst soccer. is a very good sport for young women. if we had a daughter interested in team sports, we would encourage her to play soccer probably before and ahead of any other team sport. the alternatives is... odd. field hockey and softball and lacrosse for women is sorta like what you might imagine if somebody tried to makes hockey, baseball and lacrosse for the mentally handicapped. not many good team sport options for women.

you says that you is talking 'bout men's soccer?

still am thinking that soccer is a very nice sport for young women.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That list doesn't very well reflect any team's real worth...

we got nothing 'gainst soccer.  is a very good sport for young women.  if we had a daughter interested in team sports, we would encourage her to play soccer probably before and ahead of any other team sport.  the alternatives is... odd.  field hockey and softball and lacrosse for women is sorta like what you might imagine if somebody tried to makes hockey, baseball and lacrosse for the mentally handicapped.  not many good team sport options for women.

Uh huh. The kind of talk you'd expect from an (American) footballer that's had his head banged a bit too much.

By the way, what kind of dolt does it take to make a melon-shaped leather object and call it a "ball"? And does nobody notice that that thing can't be a "ball" as balls are spherical? The only explanation can be widespread genital malformation.

Mindboggling, alright.

But yeah, I agree with you. Football is a great choice for women interested in team sports. There are some very good female football teams, but unfortunately, they don't get much attention.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

as american football were developed from rugby, we guess that you can blame the oblong ball thing on the english twits who called their ball a ball.

btw, you response is pretty much what we would expect from one of those nancy boy euros who played soccer as a kid and learned how to fakes getting hurt in last minutes of a game in an attempt to elicit a penalty kick. such behaviors and early childhood edumications can explain many differences 'tween Americans and euros.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

HA! :D

Passing on the blame, eh Grom?

As a matter of fact, I have only very recently become a football fan. I never played it as a kid. I was more into martial arts, where one doesn't "pretend" to be hurt as it doesn't get you anything. Come think of it, it was great fun to tackle the other guy and ground him as he tried to do the same. I figure it's even more so, if instead of doing the same, he's actually running with the ovoid*, and you can get away with it. What I can't understand is why anyone would want to be tackled...

*Note that ovoid isn't accurate either, as I have yet to see one of those objects actually resemble an egg in shape. Melonoid, maybe?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.