KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

be honest with me, how many of you want to play the games LucasArts is creating now? Lego Star Wars II is a exception.

Any of you want to play? My opinion:

Lego Star Wars II -------- I like this one, only decent game

Indy? ----- gubbish

Traxion? ------ gubbish

EAW: Forces Of Corruption? ----- will consider it

Star Wars Galaxies? ----- gubbish

Trillville? -------- real gubbish

I mean only two games outta this bunch interest me. I might consider EAW: FOC but that an if. As far as this goes LucasArts needs better Star Wars games. If I am right LucasArts is creating games no one wants (this excludes Lego Star Wars II).

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

Maybe their strategy is to move away from Star Wars, so by making more non SW games and making new SW games that are rubbish, they could one day not be immediately assaciated with Star Wars. I mean there are no more movies planned, plus who knows if the TV series will be a hit...

To stay on topic, I think KotOR III should use a new graphical game engine (like Mass Effect), but maintain its current d20 system :(

Hmh. LA has no hurry for k3... I thought they has some sort of "deal" how many SW games they are going to publish in year. That is because otherwise sw-games would consume profits from each other.

Not to mention that LA's and Obsidian's co-operation wasn't actually...easy. Obsidian has many projects going on right now anyway. For best: Developing of k3 starts 2007, propably though 2008. Geez, that is LONG time.

I am sure that k3 lies ahead, but question is when we are going to get it...

NWN 2's engine shouldn't be too bad too.

Oh, and LA doesn't seem to love KOTOR fans very much. And for Lego Star Wars vs. Kotor III debate...

Lego Star Wars gives more cash than SW-RPG :ninja:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hmh. LA has no hurry for k3... I thought they has some sort of "deal" how many SW games they are going to publish in year. That is because otherwise sw-games would consume profits from each other.

Not to mention that LA's and Obsidian's co-operation wasn't actually...easy. Obsidian has many projects going on right now anyway. For best: Developing of k3 starts 2007, propably though 2008. Geez, that is LONG time.

I am sure that k3 lies ahead, but question is when we are going to get it...

NWN 2's engine shouldn't be too bad too.

Oh, and LA doesn't seem to love KOTOR fans very much. And for Lego Star Wars vs. Kotor III debate...

Lego Star Wars gives more cash than SW-RPG :shifty:

Lego Star Wars gives more cash than SW-RPG :(

Ummmmm where did you get that idea from? Lego Star didn't even make it to game of the year like Kotor 1 did. Kotor is more popular then Lego Star Wars. THe story is still compelling today and still even better then Lego Star Wars. I won't comment on Lego Star II just yet against KOTOR because it isn't out yet.

Makes sense. Even if K1 was not part of a Kotor trilogy, it tends to stand by itself as an SW game. Find it hard to say the same for K2.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Exactly.

And there is always more buyers to SW-games that "happens" during movie time, it is better known and more popular. And even though many RPG's are cash magnets, they never fare against popular FPS's etc when it comes to buyed games... Though there are such games like NWN and Oblivion. But on other hand, there is all these damn second world war games, Half-Life's, Battlefields, World of Warcraft...

And Lego Star wars are surely bought to young childs more than Kotor's

edit: Hmm...Kotor 1 was kind of hit, but it loses to Half-Life 2 for example

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I think if the game developers really wanted to they could make KIII better than Half-life 2 its just that they need time and there mind set right. I think in away that K2 could have been better than K1 if obsidian had the chance

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

Well, K2 has an elaborate chronology of how events before K1's time period were already operating, so K2's story isn't exactly a post-version or merely a sequel to K1. Seems like a simultaneous advancement.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well, K2 has an elaborate chronology of how events before K1's time period were already operating, so K2's story isn't exactly a post-version or merely a sequel to K1. Seems like a simultaneous advancement.

it is Kotor TWO, it is sequel. :p Only reason why K2 was ever made was popularity of first one. And third one is going to happen because of the damn cliffhanger ending

Actually if Kotor II had a b***dy decent ending and story we wouldn't need Kotor III. Kotor II really deserved to be a super tummy renching game something that Kotor brung you back in its youth, even though it might've done before you discovered "what the hell? is this the end?" cliff-hanger. But I guess what is done, is done and de are waiting for Kotor III. I guess we should see the orginal crew in Kotor II because really the story is about them and I believe the K2 crew were just brought together to search for Revan and his/her crew, that what I think any way.

it is Kotor TWO, it is sequel. :ermm: Only reason why K2 was ever made was popularity of first one. And third one is going to happen because of the damn cliffhanger ending

That's not quite true, the work on KOTOR II begun before the work on KOTOR was finished.

The third game would have happened anyway, no matter how the second game would have ended. Unless they had done a completely different story.

it is Kotor TWO, it is sequel. ;) Only reason why K2 was ever made was popularity of first one. And third one is going to happen because of the damn cliffhanger ending

That's not quite true, the work on KOTOR II begun before the work on KOTOR was finished.

:blink:

Do you have any links? It wouldn't happened if Kotor would've been flop. LA doesn't put money to projects that won't give sufficient profit.

All planets in the outer rim would be nice.

Can you imagine how big that would be? How much space that would take up? :(

maybe not the whole "outer rim", but a brilliant thing they could do is release the game with say your normal mission planets, plus one or two optional ones, then after that release new content as patches and over Xbox live, whereby the new content would be optional planets to explore, where you would stabilise/destabilise it depending on LS/DS character. They could say like every two months or so release a new planet, gradually expanding the game and keeping interest in it alive to more people.

PS: I know this sounds kinda like wat another company wants to do with Mass Effect :wub:

i dont feel like looking through all 40 pages so this is what i would like. i would like larger worlds and more worlds, courasant is a must and it would be nice to see other planets that you see in the movies, tatooine is a good start but something more like naboo would be good and of course courasant. it would be cool to be able to roam the jedi temple and visit the jedi council to get some quests. also i would like there to be at least one space boarding like the levithon. have more customizable options for your character like oblivions, and customizable lightsaber hilts would be nice. also have it so you can play the game after you beat it. also have it so you can learn of your other characters pasts a little more, especially yours based on how you make him. also please keep the ebon hawk or at least some sort of ship to fly around in to other planets. and it would be nice to be able to freely roam the jedi temple in courasant with no restricted place for the whole game, like you cant access the archives until you reach a certian rank like jedi knight. and let you look up and learn history like in oblivion you can read alot of books to learn about stuff even if it has no effect on xp or anything. and it would be cool to here of the proficy of the choosen one. well those are some of the things i would like in this game, and PLEASE make this an XBOX 360 game, i dont have a good computer and i can not afford a really good one so i do not want to be left out of the loop. thanks. :)

be honest with me, how many of you want to play the games LucasArts is creating now? Lego Star Wars II is a exception.

Any of you want to play?                            My opinion:

Lego Star Wars II --------                          I like this one, only decent game

Indy?  -----                                                          gubbish

Traxion? ------                                                        gubbish

EAW: Forces Of Corruption? -----                        will consider it

Star Wars Galaxies? -----                                        gubbish

Trillville?  --------                                              real gubbish

I mean only two games outta this bunch interest me. I might consider EAW: FOC but that an if. As far as this goes LucasArts needs better Star Wars games. If I am right LucasArts is creating games no one wants (this excludes Lego Star Wars II).

the indiana jones and lego star wars II intrest me. :)

Lego Star Wars is listed as a fall 2006 release and Indiana Jones in my opionion should in no way conflict with sales of another Star Wars game.

So I am hopefull that if Knights of The Old Republic 3 is still on Lucas Arts to do list, we should hear something about it before the close of the Tokyo Game Show in September.

Actually, I dont understand the logic of waiting for Lego Star Wars 2 because they would be at least a year apart in release anyway if Kotor 3 hasnt even started production like Feargus said. Besides, Lego Star Wars is for a younger market then the Kotor series.

Edited by bigkotorfan

If there is a Kotor anthology where K1 and K3 are shown as games that have their own interesting things, it would be enough, since K2's abrupt presentation does not deal directly as a continuation from K1's story. If not a trilogy, then at least an anthology.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I agree with Red

the planets should definately be bigger i felt in kotor 2 the planets were more of loaded areas rather than a planet. In all actuality they are but i didn't get the feeling i did when i played the first one

One example is Taris

When i played the first time through it became enthralling, like you could lose yourself in this game being on taris the people felt more real like they had there own problems and their own personalities it added realness. However all of that is also a mixture of music dialogue ambient background sounds and the graphics, however it seemed that kotor 2 was lacking in a few. in my opinion all the music sounded the samein kotor 2. However in kotor there was at least one different soundtrack for every planet. and there were definatly areas i K2 that had problems with ambient sounds. especially in the city areas.

but enough on my rant on kotor 2 it was a great game and i enjoyed it but that aside it could have been so much more

That said they need to be bigger better and more populated much more to do on the planet.if i buy a game i dont care if its long as long as it holds interest.

Pazaak and racing were great ideas in the first Kotor and made for a neat little side story a good way to get involved in the planet so to speak. but in Kotor 2 it seemed tacked on. pazaak was a little more developed though thats why be it a returning character ar a new npc if the planets are bigger it needs to have a story that supports it as such if your group has to lay low on a planet you will remain there for a while but have enough side quests to keep people interested and make sure it affects the people in the area as well---in the game having more dialogue with the static npcs would be nice instead of trying to talk to civilians and them say nothing or the same things over and over again

Also i think it would be interesting to have a reason to return to those planets also a good way to lengthen a story and keep people enticed.

Also im a big fan of the ebon hawk its a sweet ride now its to the point that it is nostalgic. in my opinion it should probably have a face lift, I would not be angered if they changed the ship but they will have to create one just as cool as the hawk have its own story maybe a predecessor to slave 1 or the outrider or something close to the original sketches of the ebon hawk

It would be intersting to see some new hilts and hooded clothes items ect but lets be honest not everyone walks around in armor and the ight armor looked like pajamas i kotor 1 and 2 how about some padded pants and a padded jacket like some han solo stuff more normal clothes sounds wierd but we all like to custom make our own look in the game ne armor makes robes ect

if the not a returning npc then i would like to see a rough character like kotor 1 remember the trask ulgo line "I've heard about your reputation" but again let it be up to the person and what class they choose. also it wold be nice to see more classes though start out as a scoundrel, scout, soldier whatever work your way up to transcendent classes such as Kotor 2

more weapons would be nice as well such as different models for guns and swords clothes ect. be cool to see some helments lol and instead of short swords maybe daggers or knucklers wold be cool to use as well

of course i am arealist and i know that you cannot fit an entire galaxy into a few gigs of course that doesnt mean i cant dream lol

.....I apologize for any spelling and punctuation errors in advance :(

Edited by Wraith

i know what you mean about the game not feeling...real enough. For example in KOTOR II, Onderon felt so small and congested, but thats because you had to go to DXUN. If they plan to make K3, they should either delegate their space accordingly, or they should make it a multi CD game, for example, I would have loved to have seen the saber fight seen between Lonna Vash and Darth Sion on Korriban, but again if they make it a multi CD game, then it cuts into your freedom. maybe (and this is just an idea for XBOX users) they should make it so that you can download extended parts of the game off XBOX live...but that still sucks. I just hope that if they make K3, that its fulfilling, and not open ended like K2