KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

what would make the games better for me is if they felt more like realistic. Obviously its fun hack and slashing through the game, but how mnay times in the movies do jedi just kill 100s of people? maybe i am wrong on this, but i always feel like the way to get the most expierence (thus becoming the most powerful you can be) is to do whatever you can getting expierence by non violent means then killing everyone you can. So id like to see a means to do things like jedi do in the movies, ie obi wan sneaking around the death star or the planet in episode II. you should be able to get expierence for that .

also, i never really think of force speed or force resistance as a power, there more like techniques jedi use. therefore they could be divided into a third catogory and maybe if you played a a sentinal, that could be what they get a fast progression in, like guardians with feats and consulars with powers

i liked how in kotor 2 alot of the things you found were attributed to different jedi sects like the Jel Shey apparel or the baron du novice robes, why not have your character attach itself to a sect like how you pick your class and get bonsuses to stats or powers. it was cool how you could learn things from the npcs in kotor 2 and i think it could work the same way

it would also be cool if the fighting was revamped. i liked how Jade Empires combat moves around alot and it always bugged me that your kotor characters just stood their and smoked each other, thus i think it would be cool to either change the combat to alot like jade empire, or keep the same combat system but make it where the characters moved around more and it looked more like the movies.

last i think it would be cool if the story could begin to tie in to the films, like say the exchange and Czerka combined into the trade federation, or maybe the game could include yoda as a padawan or an npc. but i dont really know how long ago the game was supposed to be set

anyways those are my ideas, and ive never posted on a forum before so any reactions would be cool to hear

i dont feel like looking through all 40 pages so this is what i would like.

I think KotOR3 should be an MMORPG. Although I think it should be free per moth, like the MMO game "Guild Wars." Also customizable characters (sure someone has said that!) along with poss. other races, and not forced jedi.

Kotor is RPG, not MMORPG. Deal with that people

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I agree with Red

the planets should definately be bigger i felt in kotor 2 the planets were more of loaded areas rather than a planet. In all actuality they are but i didn't get the feeling i did when i played the first one

.....I apologize for any spelling and punctuation errors in advance  :lol:

I am listening to what you mentioned. K2 did have potential to go much further in some similar ways that K1 was able to do so. Actually, if Obsidian had tried to develop its own characters to a sufficient extent, then we would have at least a Kotor anthology for now. Additional NPCs would relate well to K2 as well. OE came up with elaborate chronicles about history before the Sith Lords period but yet those ideas were hardly a part of K2 dialogue.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

i dont feel like looking through all 40 pages so this is what i would like.

I think KotOR3 should be an MMORPG. Although I think it should be free per moth, like the MMO game "Guild Wars." Also customizable characters (sure someone has said that!) along with poss. other races, and not forced jedi.

Kotor is RPG, not MMORPG. Deal with that people

Yeah, not too many people want Star Wars Galaxies: Knights of the Old Republic

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I got to page 9 before I skipped to the end. So far my idea hadn't been brought up. But if I'm repeating something, I apologize.

The way to get around the gender problem with the Exile and Revan is simple: Have your character go to the Jedi Archives, or access the Jedi Archives via computer in the ship, and simply look them up. In order for that to work, the developers would have to copy every male/female portrait from KOTOR & KOTOR II, but if the game is design for the 360 that should be no problem whatsoever. That way when you come across the portrait that fits your Revan/ Exile, you can simply answer with an affirmative.

The LS/DS problem could be fixed in the same fashion as KOTOR II: simply answering questions.

Now, my idea for how to start the storyline is to have your character, who is already an advanced padawan, but in their early 20's, and nearly ready to take the Trials. You would be located at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. After you pass the Trials and become a Knight officially, you take part in a few missions that show the Council that you are extremely strong in the Force, and gain you quite a bit of fame. You then are sent on a mission where you encounter and defeat beings that you have never seen before and who use DS powers that you've never witnessed (the Real Sith Empire's advance scouts). The Council gives you and your master the assignment of tracking these beings to their source.

Along the way to you tracking these creatures down, you run into Bastila and Carth. And as in someone else's post, you master dies, and Bastila joins your party to continue your training. How she continues it would be based on the questions you answered earlier regarding Revan.

I wrote this on the fly so if some of it doesn't make sense, I apologize. I'll be back later after I've figured out how to get some of the Exiles crew (all of them can't be in it) into the mix.

Edited by BobbyDigital

me my self i wonderin whats gonna happen to reaven and your person from kotor 2 will you be reaven or will you be the other guy cus the first was in my opinion the better of the 2 but i wasn't sure how the would work that it would make since to have reaven join your party but you made the way he looked and i don't want to have to creat another person then i have 3 dude and 2 just standin their it had me going crazy thinking about it :- but in the end i just wanted to what was your idea of how it would start

Hey, Long time listener, first time caller

I really like a lot of the ideas on here and would be great to see them in the game...

A couple that I had include:

Obviously we all want to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile. I'd like to meet them the way you meet the jedi in KotOR 2. Maybe a little more interaction or have them as very temporary team memebers. The way Mira and Hanharr and Mandalore are in KotOR 2 before they actually be all "i'm not done with you yet"

Would like to meet up with the other characters from the first two depending on what allignment you chose for Revan and the Exile.

One thing I would really like to see is the return of Force Sensitive Rakatan. Especially if you choose for Revan to be LS and he helped the Elders. Maybe even meet a Rakatan and train him to use the force the way you train Atton/Mira etc in KotOR 2.

Would like to come across Griff somewhere along the line too. It was sorta left in limbo what happened to him from the first one.

A force sentive Selkath if Revan was DS when you go into the sith base on Manaan would be interesting too.

I agree that not more planets or more characters, but more detailed planets would be good. Start out with force like in KotOR 2 rather than having people around you being all "wow you're force sensitive" and ditch the whole memory loss deal. The padawan deal is good or simply that you know things. The Exile didn't so much have memory loss other than his connection to the force being severed and meeting a lot of people who served with him 10 years prior....but still, knowing the people you meet when they know you would be good.

As far as other things go....i think the custom characters, hilts and hooded robes would be awesome. new add ons for the lightsaber such as power crystals would be good. Also colour crystals that do more than just change the colour of the hilt would be good.

Anyway I think I've ranted enough for now....fingers crossed that they do pull their heads in and realise this game should be made....

cheers

Well, can't argue with that. If only some planets like Telos had been developed further. Like say, would have wanted to be able to see how restoration efforts were being made. There could have even been additional side quests to aid in restoration of plants on Telos' surface rather than just having quests on the Station from aiding Ithorians or Czerka.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

yeah that story idea sounds cool, but why not start it earlier, in all the previoius games, the main character has been a older jedi, why not start from the beginning as a child picked to be a jedi, then througfh dialouge, lets say a master asking your character about the history of the revan and the exile, the game could ascertain how you played the first two games, then go all the way through the training, lets say you choose your basic build, (gaurdian, consular, sentinal) and gain the basic force powers you see in the films, like push or mind trick,

then seeing as the only jedi left at the end of kotor 2 are the npcs at the end, you can choose a mentor from them, (based on your class choice) and the game takes you through your training and eventual seperation from your master, that way you could meet the jedi that were your age, who would become the main villians and allies for the game,

also, i think the game should focus on just your deveolpment from padawan to knight, then make a sequal that would continue from knight to master, and finally youplay as a master, that would enable the developers to advance the story like the films do, where you develop character dynamics and personalities,

like say you meet a character who as a padawan, shows signs of turning to the dark side, he or she could become one of the main antagonists throughout the games,

anyways, i think the idea of developing the master/padawan dynamic is something that needs to happen in the next game. like luke and obi wan, it would be cool. for example what if you go to degobah and your master is killed by one of the sith scouts, that would explain why yoda tells luke that the cave he visits in degobah is stong with the darkside of the force and i know i would think that was cool

fianlly i think the idea of having missions that jedi would have is cool. like having a jedi resove a dispute on a planet would be cool, or having your character have to protect a person who would eventually become paramount to the story would be cool

yeah, why not when you enter a city have your chacters go through what they need to do, like might go to the cantina, or go buy whatever equitment is best suited for how you have them set up, that way you wouldnt have to micro manage what your party has on, only having to switch them if you had a serious greievence as to what they had on, additionally, it could add alot of quests. meaning that you could walk into a cantina and if they meet some one they have a history with you could do the quest it would create. thus you could gain inflence with characters

I think that you should have to be a human character. All previous Star Wars fiction had the main character as a human. Remember, both of these games have been Star Wars games; they weren't just using the universe. They have to be faithful to the source material, more than just avoiding any canonical inconstistancies; they also have to be true to the way the story is told. Star Wars is at heart a human tale, with human emotions. This ain't no DnD with wookies: this is Star Wars.

I think that the devs should never lose sight of the fact that they have a big fat Star Wars license. The idea of starting as a young padawan might be appealing to people who just want to develop their character, but you have to keep in mind that all Star Wars fiction is about a problem, a situation, not about following one character. I don't want the adventures of So-and-so the Jedi. I want a story about the galaxy in peril which the hero just happens to solve.

A problem is game companies like Obsidian devote much time to fantasy games like NWN 2, and tend to leave sci-fi games like K1 and K2 more like scientific experiments later to test out ideas from NWN 2, as subsequent expansion add-ons can be developed for fantasy games. Sad, isn't it, if this is how whichever company is working on K3 is going to approach a third Kotor game as it might take a while to review? Hope that by the time K3 is being worked on, some relevant ideas will be included.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I want more specific force powers for each jedi classes and prestige classes.I want a sith world who's not Korriban.I want.if possible,Coruscant as one of the planet which can be the first planet(where you get your jedi training).HK-47 and T3-M4 should returned,it's like the C3P0-R2D2 duo.I want Obsidian to do it because their the best rpg scenarist I have ever seen.

A totally revamped system combat (keep the the real turn based combat whose unique to KOTOR).More lightside option.More complex dark side option,not the give me all your credits and I kill you.An improved influence system who was extremely promising.

"A totally revamped system combat"

:shifty: How it should be?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm going to track down LA's e-mail address and e-mail them. If I am successful in getting LA's e-mail address I will share it with everyone so they too can e-mail LA about Kotor III. Its about time someone does something around here to get Kotor III. Sitting by and watching s**t games been made by LA (excluding lego star wars) is inexcusible.

I'm going to track down LA's e-mail address and e-mail them. If I am successful in getting LA's e-mail address I will share it with everyone so they too can e-mail LA about Kotor III. Its about time someone does something around here to get Kotor III. Sitting by and watching s**t games been made by LA (excluding lego star wars) is inexcusible.

If you want a names supporting your stance about KotOR III in your mail, feel free to use mine :wub:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I understand that you are upset but keep in mind that these people have to work through lots of spam each day and I think your or our e-mail will unfortunately not be treated as anything else (Spam).

Other then that, why would Lego Star Wars be any good. I didn't really payed to much attention to it since the title put me of but maybe you could explain in a few short sentences why it's good.

Master Vandar lives!

IM sure you can send a million emails and they wont care and im sure most of the workers at lucas arts would like to see kotor 3 i think the head of lucas arts is too blame but we must remember this is just a video game and if people hype it up too much before its even announced their is nothing but dissapointment waiting, personally i got tired of waiting for k3 i hope it comes but i cant change if it does or not so im trying to enjoy other games on the market(not very much games out for the 360 i might add) but at any rate theirs no point in emailing them since lucas arts has shown of late they dont care what their custumers think their just pushing out stuff so they can ride the star wars pay train

Ight so who thinks that you should be able like in the end be like a jedi general in the clone wars. So you could be in the final battle and like control the space battle tell them to kill themselves.lol. No but seriously it would be hella cool if you could control the final battle. Whether its on the ground with republic/sith/mandolorian troops runin' around throwin grenades att each other and some commandos with like the ordo repeating blaster rifiles. Or in space with the capitol ships moving in on the enemy flagship with the fighters making a perimiter around the capitol ships. With your main charector on the bridge of your ship.

Keeping the turn-based combat system but with less glitches and it should be more fluently.The graphics in combat should and will surely if the make a third KOTOR be a lot better than in the previous games.I don't want a real-time combat system but I want them to push at the maximun to the limit of the turn-based and real-time combat.Keeping the strategy in combat but with rapid strikes from each opponent.That's my thought even if it's a little unclear :D