KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Well that's a lot to fit in a disk.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Sorry to say this but I HATE Online games. You first have to buy the game from a store and then you could pay a whole lot more each month because you would like to play it. I once played online but I will not do it again!

Master Vandar lives!

Guest The Architect
Agreed. I'm sick of being this "chosen uber-jedi". I want to be the smart, young jedi. Not sure what you mean by how it should take place "later" in order to have an Order reborn. My own proposal was to have the Exile's companions be the teachers of a new "order" that was really just trying to pick the pieces of the old one by training the younglings that were left on Coruscant. The new PC would then be one of the oldest who was just about to become a padawan. But I still had the jedi order in shambles. We need to see that the jedi order really have been hurt by recent history before we allow the order to grow strong again, I think.

That's pretty much the idea I'm using for my 'new' story too, except 'if' the Exile is DS, they all have replacable characters but the Handmaiden can still be there (DSF Exile) or the Disciple (DSM Exile).

I hate online too. Also, I didnt play KotOR on pc, so I know the game as only being on one disk.

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

While that would be nice it would need to be completely online. It would just be another Galaxies. What about time limits to things? If you dont perform a certain objective in due time the story of that planet changes. Say in 2, when you have to rescue Queen Tallia from Vaklu, say you dont get the door open fast enough. She dies, you can no longer meet with that Jedi Master guy(cant remember name) that way and have to find another IF he wasnt captured.

why would it have to be online :huh:

It would require an internal clock, but it wouldn't necessarily require online capabilities

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Kotor is singleplayer RPG serie, not MMORPG serie

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

They just are going to have to start over with it. Use the Next Gen. technologies on it and make it the best Star Wars game ever. That is the only way I can see to have all the stuff that we want from it.

I WANT KICK ASS GRAPHICS!! Like in Halo 3!! Oh, and if you didn't know it was finally announced go to bungie.net/games/Halo3 :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and KoToR III should follow the time on your Xbox's internal clock. Like if its 3 P.M. it should look like 3 P.M. And changing weather would be nice. And Alien main characters too. And it might as well be on the 360, because im buying one now for Halo 3 when it comes out.

Edited by arod16

I want a 'big' game. I want a storyline that has multiple distinct threads. I mean more than just good and evil. I want KOTOR III to bring back Raeven and Bastilla. Basically here is what I would like

Start the game: I get the choice of 6 different characters. Maybe four characters that we know from KOTOR I and KOTOR II. Two characters being new to the storyline. Actually have the game recognize if you have a saved filed from KOTOR II and adjust based upon who you had with your party at the end in KOTOR II.

Playing the game: There are six (or more if it adjusts based upon KOTOR II play) different 'stories that evolve based upon every decision distinctly. Say I play Bastilla's story and finish the game. Then I play Carth and the story is different from Bastilla's and evolves based upon my choices in a different but familiar way. I want to be able to play the game and have any fundimental choice that I want. In KOTOR II I wanted the ability to have the character have a romance with the Jedi Master woman. I am not just talking about romances but that is a big one. obviously.

Ending the game: I want each character to have at least three or four different possible endings. I want 'all' of my choices that I made while playing the game to have a very real impact on the ending. Most of all I want each character to have a couple different happy endings. lol

Now, I know what I just described is huge. It would take a lot of work and a lot of time. I for one would be willing to wait a LONG time for what I just described. It probably would cost more than the other games to make as well. The game would be utterly fantastic though. Such a game would blow everyones mind and set a standard for excellence far beyond anything currently in the market. You KNOW that such a game would sell like hot cakes and you would make a ton of money. "If that is all that you want. Then that is what you shall get" - leia hehehe But seriously, everyone reading this knows deep down that what I just described would be so far beyond any game currently on the market its not even funny. I am not talking about just RPGs. I am talking about ALL games. So I sincerely hope that the right person reads this. If you need more help making the game just send me an email and I would work for free. ^.-

That's way awesome Bastilla Skywalker. Maybe KotOR 3 will be at that other game event that's in a couple months. They know people want it and it always makes a butt load of money for them so really there isnt a question of if, more of when.

Edited by Dace_Acier

In response to 2p1k3:

It's okay if you want to have that kind of a game but it is far too complicated and they would never go for that kind of thing. Expect the game to be just as linear as Kotor I and II if it comes out.

Master Vandar lives!

You're going to be a Force Sensitive, we dont have a choice in that. Stating that, it would be impossible to be any character who isnt. Besides, I wouldnt want to go around as Carth all the time. Being able to have all those characters to play the whole game through with their own storyline is a little much.

Edited by Dace_Acier

I'd like to atleast be able to actually JOIN the Sith instead of just being a Dark Jedi(what is the difference between a Dark Jedi and a Sith,you ask?The difference between both is that Sith are trained in the Sith history,techniques and possibly Sith Alchemy.A Dark Jedi is just some Jedi that fell to the DS) who is hunted down on both sides :( .What would be even better is if I had the choice to be a freelance merc or bounty hunter,or the Sith or Jedi. :cool:

Edited by jodo kast 5

I'd like to atleast be able to actually JOIN the Sith instead of just being a Dark Jedi(what is the difference between a Dark Jedi and a Sith,you ask?The difference between both is that Sith are trained in the Sith history,techniques and possibly Sith Alchemy.A Dark Jedi is just some Jedi that fell to the DS) who is hunted down on both sides :p .What would be even better is if I had the choice to be a freelance merc or bounty hunter,or the Sith or Jedi. :cool:

I agree, and Kotor II didnt go far enough. I mean you could become a "Sith Lord", but only in name, plus you were always hunted by the Sith. I want to end the game being hunted by Jedi OR Sith, depending on the choices I make. Think of the Onderon Palace Level where you either fought with Vaklu or against him. They could do something like that, but further expand it, like if you are hunted by Sith, you fight on one planet (eg Korriban), whereas if you are hunted by Jedi, you fight on another planet (Corruscant hopefully!)

kotor1 was alright how you could go back to being revan, but the fact that no one believed you, and just thought it was a joke was disapointing, you couldnt really go through the full darkside experience(untill the last minute - at the end where you cant even play anymore)

and if anyone has played star wars jedi knight jedi academy, knows the fact that if you go to darkside and the end, the jedi AND the dark jedi attack you, but if you go lightside the jedi assist and help you, and you fight against the dark jedi

it seems that in games, that you never truely get the full darkside experience, for either way your being hunter by the sith or dark jedi. so i think we need to be able to be on the side of the sith/darkjedi without having them attack you

I got real tired of not being able to come to a decent power in the universe until the end of the game. I mean, you had the title of Jedi Master or Sith Lord but none actually recognized you as such. They need to have you be recognized by the known galaxy as a Sith Lord or Jedi Master. I agree about being hunted by the Jedi of you're a Sith and the Sith if you're a Jedi. But for that to work you have to actually have the Jedi Order in the game.

I got real tired of not being able to come to a decent power in the universe until the end of the game. I mean, you had the title of Jedi Master or Sith Lord but none actually recognized you as such. They need to have you be recognized by the known galaxy as a Sith Lord or Jedi Master. I agree about being hunted by the Jedi of you're a Sith and the Sith if you're a Jedi. But for that to work you have to actually have the Jedi Order in the game.

I suppose there are 2 reasons why they do this: 1) they dont want to promote evil as much as good, because lets face it, the bad guy always looses, and 2) I believe the nature of the Sith at this time was to fight each other. Since you are the biggest bad*** sith lord, they all want your power, hence they all attack you.

I by no means agree with them, I think if you go DS, you should be able to control Sith troopers and Sith lightsaber weilders (not party members, but like on Onderon where they follow you)