KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

If you want to edit your posts just click the 'EDIT' button that shows up underneath them.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Here are my ideas for the 3rd game.

1.Keep a political battle like on Onderon on KotorII (it is cool to both influence your party and entire people to a certain choice)

2.Try using the characters of both previous games (mostly main characters) but make as much of a fresh storyline.

3.Keep most of what you used in previous games such as (force powers,weapons,abilities) and improve or add new things to each.

4.Have a part of the game where you can command a battle like when the exile had a vision in the Korriban secrete tomb and commanded some troops from his past for a brief moment.

5.Keep the combat system (trust me you did great with that)

6.Dont make a level like Peragus where you just run around killing things without your party members to entertain you lol.

7.Make both sides of the force fair (in other words dont give Light side Mira and give the Dark side a superior character like Hanharr)

8.Do not split the party up because it creates a feeling of less freedom to do as wanted.

9.Keep the difficulty setting the same as the 2nd Kotor not the first.

My wishlist...

More open-endness to the game..

Most Important : Ability to kill anyone. Let me pay the price if I screw up a quest by being a murderer. I don't like attack restrictions!

More planets, bigger cities, and real-estate opportunities..

Hinder

Most Important : Ability to kill anyone.  Let me pay the price if I screw up a quest by being a murderer.  I don't like attack restrictions!

Why you want that? :wub: That screws up your whole game if you could kill vital plot characters. :blink:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Lets say you can Import your stuff from the past KotOR games but how are you going to get them if you first played them on xbox and its for 360? I dont want to have to restart on 360 and have to get everything over again

My real wish list

1) Be able to be differant Races

2) Maybe start as new char but you eventualy get Revan and The Exile in your party

3) Keep Bao Dur

4) Be able to make your Lightsaber hilt curved like Dookus or just fully customizable

Here are my ideas for the 3rd game.

1.Keep a political battle like on Onderon on KotorII (it is cool to both influence your party and entire people to a certain choice)

2.Try using the characters of both previous games (mostly main characters) but make as much of a fresh storyline.

3.Keep most of what you used in previous games such as (force powers,weapons,abilities) and improve or add new things to each.

4.Have a part of the game where you can command a battle like when the exile had a vision in the Korriban secrete tomb and commanded some troops from his past for a brief moment.

5.Keep the combat system (trust me you did great with that)

6.Dont make a level like Peragus where you just run around killing things without your party members to entertain you lol.

7.Make both sides of the force fair (in other words dont give Light side Mira and give the Dark side a superior character like Hanharr)

8.Do not split the party up because it creates a feeling of less freedom to do as wanted.

9.Keep the difficulty setting the same as the 2nd Kotor not the first.

The combat wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.

Well, K3's starting planet might involve its own sort of story where there is substantial NPC interaction. It would lend some self-developed themes to a third game rather than simply as a continuation from where K2 left off. Some ideas from NWN 2, depending on how its story is written might also be drawn upon.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

nothing new here but, here goes:

* changing day/night patterns (does NOT have to involve actual time logging).

* changing weather.

* more illusionary open-endedness (factions, more potential NPCs than the max slot number on your ship).

* customizable lightsaber hilts.

* more "regular clothing" and disguises.

* more of a squad-based mentality (i.e. your entire squad needs the same disguise, SQUAD COMMANDS in combat, etc).

* REAL bounty hunting (not contract killings)....bounty hunting is the quintessential side quest.

* better influence system...not alignment based and the ability to allocate points into different aspects of influence.

* the ability to advance in a specific lightsaber form.

* the ability to spend large sums of money (major ship upgrades or even real estate purchases).

* the ability to take a padawan and have an intense, dialogue-heavy relationship with that character.

* storytelling and Force training is broken up into many different forms.....your mentor is not hanging onto you like a cheap suit.

* the ability to go to jail (as in, unscripted).

* more long-range missions (that swoop bike is not just a toy).

i say a more elder scrolls kind of game where you dont have to follow a certain story line when you can just move around where ever you like and unlimeted things to fight not just you kill it its gone. have more things made after time and such. and a costumizable charecter and more than one race.

my wishlist

-id like the game to begin when your npc is a kid, so they go through the training, this would work well as a tutorial for the system, and also, your master could ask questions to your character that the game could use to incorperate how you played the previous games.

-i think the game shuld devote a lot of time to the master/padawan dynamic, so your mentor should be class specific. like if you are a guardian, it could be handmaiden, or atton could be for sentinal.

-there were many different items you would find in kotor 2 that had back stories which amounted to jedi sects, like jel shay or baron du, your character should be able to join one and that way, they could learn a basic lightsaber form and get a certain set of force powers at the start of the game. also at the stage you could be introduced to jedi who would eventually be key players in the game

-alot of the powers in the first game were more like techniques, like speed or breath control, i think they should be broken up into a third catagory, and then the sentinal class could have fast progression in that area

-id like to see the combat change to be more like jade empire, so your characters are always moving like in the films.

-when you go into a part of the game where there is going to be a lot of fighting i think all your npcs should be present and fighting, maybe not with you, but as you progressed through the level, you would meet up with them as they were doing whatever they were doing, but you could still control them if you wanted to

-missons that are more jedi like, i.e resolving trade disputes, sneaking into some place, like obi wan does in epsidoe 2

-getting to control armies or fleets

-being able to go through the game without having to fight so much but still get enough expierence to reach the level cap

-more vehicles and ccustamization

-chose your race and all that

-being able to put on the hood, like the jedi always do in the movies.

- better deveolped enemies and npcs

-an ending worthy of the title,

-more and bigger worlds

-more prestige classes and jedi classes

-i know alot of the fun of the game is hack and slashing through endless hordes of sith, but cut back on the killing some, focus more crafting characters,dialouge and story and spend less time using choke the flurry on sith

-when you go into a city, let your npcs go where the want to go, some could go to the bar, others will go buy whatever equipment is best for them and some could go do things that would open up new quests or further the story

-and lastly, spread the story out over a few games. lucas said he originally wanted to tell all 6 episodes in 3 films, but i didnt work so he spread em out, the games have been rushed, why not progress the story over a few games

-

Jones0901,I like some of your ideas like the different faction in the jedi which learn you some unique jedi techniques which will add to the rejouability of the game.But I don't want the game to go real-time because how could you still use all the different force powers in real-time and I think like it did in JE changed the focus of the game where in a rpg it only matter:the story.But I think they should improve their combat system to where the combat will be near as fluid as the real time combat system and keeping the turn-based combat strategy.

If you start kid it will be fun if your first party member can be another kid whose training in the same time of you and then it cold turn sith and then you will have to face him.

i say a more elder scrolls kind of game where you dont have to follow a certain story line when you can just move around where ever you like and unlimeted things to fight not just you kill it its gone. have more things made after time and such. and a costumizable charecter and more than one race.

I posted something very similar to your wishes once and what was replied to me was :

"Go play Galaxies!"

So there you go. :D

Hey Revan Sky, your basically describing pokemon, grow up with a rival lol, although that would be a great idea, but then you would need alot of space for that on the CD, unless of course its a computer game...I think KOTOR should be a PC game only, it would be so much cooler...

and as for jones, you have embodied in your list everything that I want in a game, except I would also like the character to have an oppertunity to train his own padawan, like you did in K2, except you really train them, not just introducing them into the force, other than that, your list was perfect

Hey Revan Sky, your basically describing pokemon, grow up with a rival lol, although that would be a great idea, but then you would need alot of space for that on the CD, unless of course its a computer game...I think KOTOR should be a PC game only, it would be so much cooler...

Don't you remember a game who does this....Fable,lol.And you surely don't have a xbox,if you want Kotor to only be a PC game,so if I have a Xbox 360 I could said I want Kotor 3 only on the 360.It will be dump if Lucasarts do that.

I do have an xbox, thats what I played both kotors on, but it would be better if it was done mainly on PC, cause then the possibilities are endless, and I love Fable, its my favorite game, which doesnt say much for my gaming experience, but whatever

if you put the game in real time, force powers could be used the same way you used magic in jade empire, also like i said earlier, if you break force speed and all the defensive spells into a seperate group, say under a focus meter, you could turn them on and off when you needed to use them. also if done that way, you could do all the flips and jumps they do in the films, also they could make it where if a character falls to the ground the opponent tries to kill em at once, or you hit the block button and you block and get up. also, a my block button would just put up a shield, but while youo hold block, you block attacks individually, so like you just press blcok and the parrys look really cool

but yeah, i like the way the combat is now, i would just like to see it more fluid, and its just a pet peeve of mine that they stay stationary the whole time. if they could fix it i would be happy

also i would like to see a more interactive and destructable world, like lets say you can pick up a plasteel canaster and force push it at your enemy or if you hit a pipe with you lightsaber, it would explode.MOST IMPORTANTLY in on this theme, when a person is hit by a lightsaber, they dont get up, so lets say instead of a life bar that goes down, you have a defense bar that functions the same way and when it goes all the way down, you get hit once by a lightsaber and your done

i think also, their should be alot more chaces for characters to die and be gone. if im in trouble and alot of baddies are attacking one character, i throw grenades with the rest of my characters. if there was a fear of killing my characters it would make me care more about them

jones0901,I totally agree with your idea and as you said if the present combat system is more fluid bringed to the edge of the turn-based and real-time combat system it will be perfect.It will keep the strategy that you have when you play with a turn-based combat system and the fun from the real-time engine.As much as I like JE and Fable ,I was dissapointed with the real time engine that turn into hack'n slash.And in JE empire you learnt so many techniques to only utilize four techniques.

I think that the devs should never lose sight of the fact that they have a big fat Star Wars license. The idea of starting as a young padawan might be appealing to people who just want to develop their character, but you have to keep in mind that all Star Wars fiction is about a problem, a situation, not about following one character. I don't want the adventures of So-and-so the Jedi. I want a story about the galaxy in peril which the hero just happens to solve.

i agree with what your saying, but two things, 1st) the game is still a role playing game, and therefor raising a character from the beginning should be in my mind, a key part of the game

2nd star wars is like you say about galactic events and its fallout, but even more so the story is the fall and redemption of anakin, all 6 films are about him, from the time he is a kid, till his death, all the characters save han solo and lando are there as a result of actions Anakin took, even the empire so i think that even though your right that their is always a major event present in the films, the films are very much telling the story of one persons life, like the game could do

I posted something very similar to your wishes once and what was replied to me was :

"Go play Galaxies!"

So there you go.  :D

i dont have the money to get star wars galaxsies

infact im JUST getting an x-box

Edited by Darth T

my wishlist

-id like the game to begin when your npc is a kid

um NPC stands for non playable character

you are refering to PC which stands for Playable Character

my mom was mad when she read my star wars RPG book when it said your PC becuase i was grounded from the computer

yea acronyms are confusing but AKRONYM is a great band

becuase im the guitarist

wow i drifted far froom the subject any way...

i agree with what your saying, but two things, 1st) the game is still a role playing game, and therefor raising a character from the beginning should be in my mind, a key part of the game

2nd star wars is like you say about galactic events and its fallout, but even more so the story is the fall and redemption of anakin, all 6 films are about him, from the time he is a kid, till his death, all the characters save han solo and lando are there as a result of actions Anakin took, even the empire so i think that even though your right that their is always a major event present in the films, the films are very much telling the story of one persons life, like the game could do

starts slow clap