KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Needs to be made by someone else is all I can say.

After running into a game-killer of a bug in a TSL replay, there's no way in hell I'll buy KOTOR 3 if Obsidian makes it.

Don't blame OE for those. Blame LA.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

After running into a game-killer of a bug in a TSL replay, there's no way in hell I'll buy KOTOR 3 if Obsidian makes it.

Who hasn't had game ending bugs in kotor? I run into one the first time I fought Malak - how's that for frustrating.

Edited by Darth Blivion

* always have a "coprotagonist" with a defined name, gender, backstory, etc.

Bastila, for instance, could be your mentor and coprotagonist in KOTOR 3.  in some cases, you even control the coprotagonist when the game goes multithreaded.  the advantage of a coprotagonist is that the continuity story has someone that can take full credit for what happened.  the padawan can also be mentioned in continuity but still keeping it vague.  for instance "Bastila Shan and her Padawan Stargazer set out to.....".  The PC is mentioned but the story is more or less told from the hardwired character's perspective.

* have multiple backstories.  in other words, let us say that being an exiled Jedi was one of three backstories you could choose from early on in dialogue.  that way, you can't just refer to the protagonist as "the Exile" as that was only one possible backstory.  that helps keep the PC out of continuity which is ultimately good, IMO.

Have to agree with some of this. K2's story was bordering around boundary limits near to ambiguousness.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I didn't notice any difference between the two KOTORs in that regard.

The worst bugs I encountered let to a freezed screen, and that happened in both games. Apart from that problem, which is gone for quite some time now, there never were any problems for me. If you disregard smaller bugs which ruined one or two sidequests, that is.

Quite a bit of development on the Exile being the "battlegrounds for which this war is being fought", or whatever it was Kreia mentioned about her being a battleground for on their way to Telos

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It would be cool if you started out with a ship (maybe the ebon hawk) near the begining of the game and on your first world it is blown up (by some enemy), killing a unimportant character off. and then having to by a new ship

Edited by CephasT

It would be cool if you started out with a ship (maybe the ebon hawk) near the begining of the game and on your first world it is blown up (by some enemy), killing a unimportant character off. and then having to by a new ship

having different ships at different segments of the game is also a good way to have exotic worlds (like Coruscant) that you cannot return to (because your new ship does not have it on the astrocharts).

I can see where certain worlds (like Ziost or the Mandalorian home world) would be more exotic if you couldn't return to them....having different ships at different segments of the game would allow for more of this and allow for more "linear" storytelling in the otherwise "free" middle game. Linear segments of the game means the devs can go all out on it since no one will miss out on that segment.

Don't know if this is true or not (dout it) but i found this @ http://digg.com/gaming/KotOR_II_in_Development:_IGN_Claims

"LucasArts' recent silence by no means equals inactivity. On the contrary, Knights of the Old Republic 3, which we believe is in development with Obsidian Development, is in the early stages of creation for a late 2006 -- most likely a 2007 -- release."

its probably another rumor but its hope.

and i found some other crap here, http://www.infuzemag.com/staff/lucas/archi...ii_annou_1.html

and here http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_...7&union_id=1510

Edited by CephasT

I think that Kotor 3 WOULD BE TEH KEWLEST THING EVAH if they would add 200 friggin planets into it, lol, and cool new force powerz such as Dark Blast that would deal over 800 damage, woot OMG, that would be SOOOOO COOL!!!

And then I want new lightsaber stuff, like black color crystal, that is just neat, yeah lol.

And then I think that PC is guy who joins to jedi/sith when (s)he is young and then he becomes the coolest megadude ever, and he is Yoda species, that is called to whills atleast by Supershadow (you know the guy who is GL's BEST FRIEND!!!) and it is so funny that I am going to **** to my pants!

Then we should fight against these True Sith that are 100,000 old

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

hehe .. funny post of Xard...

about kotor 3..

well i don't have much idea.. but i would love to see many aspect not in force tricks or fancy light saber fights.. but choices we must takes.. good or evil .. or grey .. whats is good? what is evil? .. will a light side user be forced to do a choice wich is a "necessary evil" you see.. i'm a fan of people like Kreia .. or yoda.. intelligent characters with alot wisdom.. people who has the mind on higher level. so i truly hope for many moment of deep though to "do the right thing" from a good or evil viewpoint.

Philosophy in Kotor is a necessary feat. It is what force is.

i felt kreia didnt have much personality and what little she did she wasnt very nice so i never really believed anything she said or taught perhaps having the choice of a light teacher or a dark teacher would be possible for the next game. I would really like to have more in depth back ground stories from your party members, and i would like to see the combat turn to something more like the jedi knight series. the ability to jump extremely high would also be very fun

bigger planets, what do i mean? i would like to visit different parts of the main citys and being able to do some sight seing in the old republic world.

my top 4 planets are

corusunt(not sure on spelling)(would love to visit the jedi academy)

alderaan

tatooiine

naboo

i would also like to help re build the council and as you progress through the game having meetings and being able to hang in the halls

I think that Kotor 3 WOULD BE TEH KEWLEST THING EVAH if they would add 200 friggin planets into it, lol, and cool new force powerz such as Dark Blast that would deal over 800 damage, woot OMG, that would be SOOOOO COOL!!!

And then I want new lightsaber stuff, like black color crystal, that is just neat, yeah lol.

And then I think that PC is guy who joins to jedi/sith when (s)he is young and then he becomes the coolest megadude ever, and he is Yoda species, that is called to whills atleast by Supershadow (you know the guy who is GL's BEST FRIEND!!!) and it is so funny that I am going to **** to my pants!

I've put a few ideas together, these may have already been said some other time, though, I sent a letter with these ideas to LucasArts, but it was "unsolicited" so they sent it back without reading it.

Sorry, the storyline I thought of is only sided for Jedi, I will think on it more.

Storyling: I think that there should be three storys to it, where you are trying to accomplish two things, one of them would be trying to find Revan, another, to rebuild the Jedi Order, but finding Sith along the way.

Finding Revan: This is basically self-explanatory, but you would go to worlds picked out by Obsidian and search them for Revan, they would have to have some reason for Revan to go there, though, maybe, history, or, something about that planet's future.

Rebuilding the Order: To rebuild the Jedi Order, you would need help, so, you would find other Jedi that you have come into contact with in the other two games, and ask them to help you train padawans, you would need influence with them, though, some more than others.

Sith Along the Way: Basically, there are Sith, led by a Leader of course, that are also trying to find Revan, kill him, or just find him (you determine if he's good or bad, like in KOTOR2) and you have to fight them, turning into a big battle.

Features

Different Main Character Races - This wouldn't be the coolest thing in the world, but I would definately like to play the game not being a human for once.

Ship Stores - Being able to go to a store and actually buy a ship would be pretty cool, not just sticking with the Ebon Hawk.

Party Members - I have always seen the amount of Party Members you can have unrealistic, I mean, you are trying to take on an army of Sith and you are only able to have 10 members? 2 with you at a time? I think that the total amount of party members should be determined on how big of a ship you buy (look up one feature) maybe going up to the thousands if you buy a Star Destroyer.

Also, adding onto Party Members, I believe that you should meet a Party Member right away that can see how strong people are in the force (like Visas' light/bad vision) and, you could use that to find Force Sensatives, you could ask them to aid you, or ask if they would be trained in the force.

Age - I think that, you should start out as a kid, 10 - 15 years old, and you would get the choice of what homeworld you are from, and you start of getting trained by a Master, and certain things happen at certain ages, once youve beaten the whole game, you can start at any age you played as before, this would, no doubt, make it a very long game, though.

Game Ending - When you finish the game, I think that it shouldn't just end, you should be able to go and explore, help people, buy new ships, etc. etc. instead of just ending.

Time and Day/Night - I think that there should be a time, like I am looking at the clock right now, it says 1:36 AM, there should be a little clock at the top of the screen saying what time, this would determine Day and Night.

Padawan Training - Once you have become a high-ranking Jedi, and have successuflly rebuilt the Order, you may train padawans, groups at a time, or make 1 of them better than the rest by training him/her most. You could also be able to go to different acadamies (Dantooine, Coruscant, others) and train at any of them. Once you have successfully trained them, you may invite them into your party.

War Time - When the war between you and the Sith come, you should be able to build an army, (a lightside individual who owns a cloning facility makes you one) and you can basically make the armor, you decide how protective it is, how flexible, and the colors, too, you could also pick how they are trained, strong, fast, smart, etc.

Comments? Opinions?

Edited by Trake Bruit

Only that it is still useless to do plots for k3

I would like the game to be similar to KOTOR I and II. What you suggest is a totally different game.

I don't like any of the features, especially the party-members and game-ending ones.

I prefer characters who actually have a backstory. I hardly used all of my crew in the first two games, why should I even bother with many more?

Especially since you don't have a use for them anyway. It's not like you can run around with a whole army. That would be boring and so un-RPG like.

As for the ending. This is Star Wars and very likely the grand-finale of this storyarch. Neither of those should ever end in open style. The game should end with your boss fight, some cutscenes or something like that, and the credits, anything else would be totally anti-climatic and wouldn't fit into the KOTOR-series and Star Wars as a whole.

Only that it is still useless to do plots for k3

It's still useless to say that.

Believe me, I tried it on the third-fourth generation of this thread.

Man, get those odd dozen posts and join the no-life club already. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

yo, the next one does not need to be a continuation of the lame story of KOTOR 2.

PREQUAL----setting--MANDALORIAN WAR----perfect setting for the game to thrive, ALL OF THE CHARACTERS relate and were involved in this time period. Tell a different part of the same story, my point--the base story of KOTOR 1 was perfect, 2 went in a direction that was a fun game to play, but once i beat it, I didnt want to play it again.

Go with everything like influencing people and choosing saber and color, just go with a better story and get back the game of the year status.

I agree that storyline ideas are not of much use if you post them in a public forum.

why would they use something that has been splattered all over the place? the story has to have a bit of mystery to it.

your best bet is to IM, email, or snail mail the devs or the publisher. I realize that they will say that they can't read it, but that is still your best bet.

however, I do agree that it would be best if the story of K3 is a "trilogy-wrapper-upper" and does not "cut and run" from the story arc we are in now.

K4, if there is one, CANNOT be about Revan and CANNOT be overshadowed by REVAN. Whether Revan is playable in some form or not or hardcoded or not or seen or not, his saga must end with K3.

Guest The Architect

Edited by The Architect

I, for one, hope that we never see another "Yoda clone" in these games, at least not as a living person. Vandar was such as obvious crutch from the movies.

and, of course, there is no "Yoda species" that is discernable, anyway, because George Lucas has said that we will never know the name of that species (if, indeed, it is an actual species). so, no Yoda PCs, either.