Favorite villian

Calax

am believing that haber is somebody folks will become more familiar with in the years to come.  nitrogen-based fertilizers, while essential to support a human population in the billions, is leading to numerous environmental problems that we is gonna have to contend with. 

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Btw, you've probably seen this, but apparently there's a short film in postproduction: http://www.haberfilm.org.

I won't be surprised to see a major studio biopic in the next decade.

Good luck.

Celluloid villain: the shark from "Jaws." My older brother made me watch a tape of it the night before we went deep-sea fishing. Add him to my list of villains.

am believing that haber is somebody folks will become more familiar with in the years to come.  nitrogen-based fertilizers, while essential to support a human population in the billions, is leading to numerous environmental problems that we is gonna have to contend with. 

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Btw, you've probably seen this, but apparently there's a short film in postproduction: http://www.haberfilm.org.

I won't be surprised to see a major studio biopic in the next decade.

Good luck.

haber is a tough subject for hollywood... too many political issues to be real mainstream.

dr. william shockley is another one of our favorite villains.... thinks of Homer Stokes from "O' Brother, Where Art Thou?" and you gotta general notion.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

CobraReborn.JPG

I change my vote.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

dallas6.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gromnir,

Why do Dr. Fritz Haber and Dr. William Schockley strike you as significant villains?

They were ground breaking scientists who received Nobel prizes.

They were flawed and perhaps tragic people.

But villains?

I'm having trouble seeing it.

Henchman, yes!

But villains?

What do you think of Nobel himself then, eh?

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

nobel created an explosive that were used by others to blow up people.

in the most simple terms, haber invented gas warfare for the purpose of killing enemies of germany.

you not see a difference?

is not like haber were simply a man o

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I really like the guy in Serenity too.

And this guy.

Khan1.jpg220px-Khan2.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

was so disappointed to find out that ricardo used a chest prosthesis for the movie. and here we thought the old guy had gotte yoked for the film.

HA! Good Fun!

I don't think that was ever proven...it's an urban legend/rumor. Nick Myers says on the DVD that it was his own chest, not rubber. Believe it or not.

If you watch the original ST episode, you'll see Ricardo was a large muscular guy with broad arms and chest back then. And was on Fantasy Island too. Chances are he just stayed that way. I mean, look how long Kirk Douglas had a fairly decent broad chest - if you dress them right, it'll look more impressive than it may be with no shirt on at all, too.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, exactly...the only reason people talk about it is because it has, what do you call it...male cleavage?...which could be nothing more than age sag, bolstered by the framework of the clothes they put on him.

If you ask me, it doesn't look much like rubber, especially considering the time frame of the movie.

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefca...omontalban9.jpg

Him when he was a lot younger.

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefca...montalban13.jpg

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefca...montalban14.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I get obsessive...at least I know what the edit button is for...better pics from the movie. If it's plastic, it flattens out nicely when he leans back...

khan-still-4.jpgkhan-still-5.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson

Agent Smith:

Tell me, Mr. Anderson. What good is a phone call if you are... unable to speak?

Agent Smith is certainly another fav of mine. At least in the first film.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

favorite movie villains:

tyler durden

lex luthor (gene hackman in supes 1)

max caddy (robert deniro)

messala (stephen boyd)

mr. scratch (walter huston)

hannibal lecter (anthony hopkins)

hank quinlan

captain ahab (gregory peck)

hal 9000

is just a few.

HA! Good Fun!

Not all men mind you, just Jack ;) Jack teaches us that the best way to get answer out of anyone is to shout and shoot at them.

True. ;)

What's this about pixies btw? Did someone banish him back to spamhell?

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

• 6 months later...

These are my number one heroes.. uh I mean villains, bad guys, or whatever, hope you enjoy them...

Darth Vader (!)

post-17733-1158595205_thumb.jpg

Vegeta (Dragon ball z)

post-17733-1158594560_thumb.jpg

I really like V too (from "v for vendetta")

post-17733-1158593762_thumb.jpg

Agent smith )!(

post-17733-1158592704_thumb.jpg

The Flood (from halo) although the covenant are quite cool too!

And of course one of my favourites, Hal jordan as parallax!!

post-17733-1158592683_thumb.jpg

post-17733-1158595028.gif

Jack sparrow pirate)

post-17733-1158594379_thumb.jpg

I like the aliens from the alien movies also...

And the predator as well

post-17733-1158594911_thumb.jpg

I must say that Hannibal lector is supeb too!!!

Dadeem (soranik)