What video/computer games have changed your life?

Lancer

...and crying almost everytime at the end of Disk 1.
...crying almost everytime when Otacon takes SniperWolf in his arms...

What the.. >_<

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Xenogears fueled my interest in Friedrich Nietzsche even further.

Lunar 2 : Eternal Blue made me realize that I have (had when I originaly played it) never been in love.

Planescape: Torment made me seek out other CRPGs (I thought they were pretty lame before PST).

Persona started my Atlus crave, now I buy any Atlus published game on sight.

Final Fantasy IV Pretty much started my love of RPGs.

That's all I can think of.

Final Fantasy X - Made me play almost every other Final Fantasy and other JRPG's.

Unreal 1 - Got me into FPS, the graphics, the music, the atmosphere.

System Shock 2 - The only game that literally scared me.

KotOR - Got me back into RPG's after a long break.

Planescape: Torment - Downgraded almost every game out there, storywise.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The first game I ever played was on my Commodore 64 and was called Zork! All text and I never finished it but I loved it. Flash forward to modern PC games and Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret hooked me. Played Doom and the Heretic series too but shooters just arent my bag. Then a friend turned my onto BGI and that set the stage for my addiction to CRPG. That genre is all I really play now.

Diablo, one of my first computer games. It caused me to enjoy cRPGs, explore the internet because I was looking for mods and trainers, play the game online against/with other people. The enjoyment of this game caused me to buy Fallout and Baldur's Gate, other great cRPG classics.

The first game I ever played was on my Commodore 64 and was called Zork! All text and I never finished it but I loved it. Flash forward to modern PC games and Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret hooked me. Played Doom and the Heretic series too but shooters just arent my bag. Then a friend turned my onto BGI and that set the stage for my addiction to CRPG. That genre is all I really play now.

You talk about Zork as if no one knows what it is.

On topic: Civ changes my life everytime I can't stop playing till 4 AM. It's truly an addiction.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You talk about Zork as if no one knows what it is.

Well hell, that was what, 20 years ago? A fair percentage of this board wasnt even a twinkle in daddy's eye yet. <_>

Yes but there have been like a bajillion zork sequels.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight ??

yep, I thought it was the best 1st person shooter out there in its time. It's still the only game every to make me freak out because I'm scared of heights and the game realistically portrayed that feeling. I actually felt like it was me scaling the ship and was scared I was going to fall. I was impressed. *shrug* I also thought it was a better FPS than Quake II which was released the same year, I loved it.

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I've enjoyed computer games in one form or other for many years...but the game that really got my attention was KOTOR 1....KOTOR is my PST.

KOTOR is my "modern" PST. It was probably the best game I had played since BG1 and Torment themselves.

Well, then I played Geneforge and Avernum afterwards..

image002.gifLancer

Well, then I played Geneforge and Avernum afterwards..

yeah, I'm sure those indi games are well written...what's really nice is when you get that kind of writting with great graphics, VO, musical score, etc.

Which was what KOTOR and PS:T(in its time) were.

I am one of those I guess that can stand ancient graphics as long as the story is good, well-written, and the gameplay is fun. Geneforge and Avernum were definitely that.

Spiderweb Software rules my world.

image002.gifLancer

Xcom is the greatest game of all time.

Sad to say I have never played X-COM: UFO DEFENSE.. Heard so much about the game. Need to play it sometime.

If any game were in dire need of a remake it would be X-Com. :(:(

Let's hope Sid Meier unwraps his X-Com license sometime soon.

As for the game that got me into gaming, it was Manic Miner and I was around 5 at the time.

level-05.gif

Careful with that axe, Eugene.

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Civ changes my life everytime I can't stop playing till 4 AM. It's truly an addiction.

Disco.

I had lots of fun playing great games, but none of them changed my life like the full-on OCD-attack Civs.

Unless you consider all that time I spent in video arcades playing Donkey Kong might have been spent on bouts of self-improvement ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why VIII ? Seriously VIII is the one that I didnt like either the story or the system. When I played them back to back I skipped VIII because I couldnt face it again.

II is a very close second I dont think I could compell myself to play that one either.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]