Cell Phones

Jedihuh?

They give you brain cancer.

Not proven.

The latest research suggests no evidence of a link between any health issues and using a mobile phone. However, the British government still advises against overuse, especially by children, because of the wider lack of long-term research.

My mobile phone's been switched off for the last three months, so hopefully anyone who somehow managed to get my number will have given up by now. :ph34r:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Pilots on commercial flights don't want every gorram curtain-ring salesman whittering on in a quad-band hail of smarmy gibberish whilst they are flying, in case the very powerful transmitters in the 'phones aren't prevented by their shielding from interfering in the cockpit's avioinics.

A private pilot (or a commercial pilot) using their own telephone won't interfere with the critical phases of the flight path (typically take-off and landing) because the pilot ought to be aware of these times and manually overide the slim probability with their prerogative and its off switch.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Cell Phones, Does anyone Actually Need them?

No!

I have one, but I hardly ever use it, only when I am out and need to arrange lifts to places, etc. Most of the time it sits next to my computer, where it is right now.

Peanut butter can cause cancer. Perhaps ironically the peanut butter ground fresh in health stores usually has a higher concentration of the carcinogenic elements than supermarket brands.

I almost never use my cell phone, which is fine since the places I go almost never have service anyway.

You get cancer from NOT farting, actually.

What?

You have to know these things to be a king.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I also don't like the idea of people can call me anywhere I am at.  Seriously, why would I want to get a telemarketer call while waiting in line at the cinema or get bothered while at the supermarket?  I don't.

I call screen. If I don't recognise the number I don't answer.

Besides, for my money I like texts best. You read them when you want to read them. You exchange info, job done.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I also don't like the idea of people can call me anywhere I am at.  Seriously, why would I want to get a telemarketer call while waiting in line at the cinema or get bothered while at the supermarket?  I don't.

In all the years Ive had a cell phone Ive never once received a telemarketing call on it.

Every so often I'll get a telemarketer on my cell or at work... in which case I get really pissy towards them and have them take me off their list. I don't think telemarketers should be allowed to call cell phones. Well, I don't think sales people should be allowed to make any kind of phone call, period. I hate answering the phone to one of them. I'm usually the rude person who says they aren't interested and hangs up before knowing what they are trying to peddle.

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

In the UK we have a list you can put your name on that is circulated to these bloody marketing companies. They arent allowed to cold call anybody on that list. I'm not sure if it extends to cellphones yet. People should just be careful wher there write their number on any form and be sure to tick the box that says you don't want your details to be passed on.

They give you brain cancer.

cancer sucks, i heard you can get it from farting :p

No.

cancer

n noun

1 a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.

⇒a malignant growth or tumour resulting from such a division of cells.

2 something evil or destructive that is hard to contain or eradicate: the cancer of racism.

DERIVATIVES

cancerous adjective

ORIGIN

Old English, from Latin, 'crab or creeping ulcer', translating Greek karkinos, said to have been applied to tumours because the swollen veins around them resembled the limbs of a crab.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT