The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

I think it is important to remember the original in its context...it was, for all practical purposes, seen as Star Wars for the small screen. It had an extremely high production cost, though it did make money.

Because the show (original) was so popular, it stayed in reruns pretty much continuously. It is sometimes easy to forget that this show was cancelled after 1 season. ABC cancelled it, not because it did not turn a profit (it did), but because they thought they could net more money from a show with a lesser production cost. The tepid Mork and Mindy replaced BG and did not make as much of a profit.

However, ABC heard from irate fans and they also needed a 7pm "kid's show" and so they came up with Galactica 1980 in which the fleet finds Earth...also, kids were the stars with very few of the original cast returning. By having it on Earth, they saved money on sets. The adult fans were not impressed and the "second season" was also cancelled after 1 try.

good summary of the plots of the individual episodes:

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/classic...pop_reviews.htm

really good FAQ about the original:

http://www.kobol.com/archives/BG-FAQ.html

good way to catch up on the older ones:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JM3...?v=glance&n=130

Edited by Plano Skywalker

• 4 months later...

bsgsix8009os.jpg

I've seen only one episode of the show, but I thought that picture was funny.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

bsgsix8009os.jpg

I've seen only one episode of the show, but I thought that picture was funny.

she's embedded in a guys mind atm

Look up perfection in the dictionary and you'll see her body :shifty:

By the way has anyone heard any news about the new season, Havent seen anything on sci-fi............... :lol:

If money is the root of all evil.....why is the world not destroyed?

By the way has anyone heard any news about the new season, Havent seen anything on sci-fi............... :ermm:

This weeks TV Guide (the one with 4 different cover options) has some stuff about it. Nothing major, but some plot hints and the like. One of which was supposedly that (while there's no names, could be a big plot-angle spoiler to some, you've been warned) -------

they're going to kill off a somewhat important regular human character, although my impression is that it isn't one of the 'main' characters; and that one of the cylon human models is going to be destroyed 'completely' - by the Cylons themselves.

Edit: Oh wait...that might be for NEXT season. The wording in the blurb could be taken either way and is kind of indistinct...oh well, buy the mag and conclude for yourself. :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

By the way has anyone heard any news about the new season, Havent seen anything on sci-fi............... :(

This weeks TV Guide (the one with 4 different cover options) has some stuff about it. Nothing major, but some plot hints and the like. One of which was supposedly that (while there's no names, could be a big plot-angle spoiler to some, you've been warned) -------

they're going to kill off a somewhat important regular human character, although my impression is that it isn't one of the 'main' characters; and that one of the cylon human models is going to be destroyed 'completely' - by the Cylons themselves.

Edit: Oh wait...that might be for NEXT season. The wording in the blurb could be taken either way and is kind of indistinct...oh well, buy the mag and conclude for yourself. :)

You mean season 4?

I read that someone "distinguished" will bite the dust in the first episodes of S3. My guess would be Ellen Tigh.

• 2 months later...

It's Baaaack!

Well, as planned someone "distinguished" bit the dust.

I won't say who it is here as it's pretty big but the previews after the show seemed somewhat very revealing as to that particular person.

Anyway, I kept expecting a big action scene during this 2 hour season 3 premiere but most of it was just drama. Good drama, with some lesser characters having their part getting much more important, like Cally, Ellen Tigh and even Gaeta.

But in the end it just made me want to see the next episode asap.

=]

It's just a cliff-hanger...I don't think it's definitive at all. It'd be more typical for the death of the "distinguished character" to be placed near the middle or end of the season. Assuming I'm thinking of the same thing as astrocreep, for all we know the

sounds of gunfire as Cally ran thru the woods came from someone attacking the Cylons before they could execute anyone.

I don't remember the previews tho...oh and I did read others speculating about possible regenerative powers from...ah, nvm, it's all speculation.

On another topic, I just watched those 10 'resistance' shorts episodes the sci-fi site has. They were interesting backstory.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's just a cliff-hanger...I don't think it's definitive at all. It'd be more typical for the death of the "distinguished character" to be placed near the middle or end of the season. Assuming I'm thinking of the same thing as astrocreep, for all we know the

sounds of gunfire as Cally ran thru the woods came from someone attacking the Cylons before they could execute anyone.

I don't remember the previews tho...oh and I did read others speculating about possible regenerative powers from...ah, nvm, it's all speculation.

On another topic, I just watched those 10 'resistance' shorts episodes the sci-fi site has. They were interesting backstory.

Good point with that spoiler. I assumed the "friend" could've protected this "distinguished person" as well.

The preview seemed to hint that the "distinguished person" is a Cylon, with vague dialog like "You were all fools/fooled" and "That is what I wanted from the beginning", backed by images of this person seemingly gaining power.

There was also a shot of Baltar saying, quite shocked:"Are you saying... I'm a Cylon?" Funneh.

Of course these are all images edited to lure us back this coming friday...

First, good call, LC!  :blink: 

Second: Dammit for another fishtail ending!

So Cylons dream now? Seems a bit easy no?

Are they going to leave in exchange for Hera?  :o

I guess they had to answer Philip K. ****'s question "Do robots dream of electric sheep?"

Interesting that the cylons are regenerating more but enjoying it less and showing considerable individuality as well.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Just finished S03e04, I'm thinking that was one of the best episodes of the show so far.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg