The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

What's Bones?

You know those things you take out of fish or the hard part of the chicken you don't eat? Those are bones.

I had too.

I wish BSG was follow-up by new Firefly episodes. Tis a cruel and vengeful god.

Indeed. New Firefly would be great. Alas, it is dead. Thank you again Fox Network.

I haven't been so hooked on a show since X-Files and ST: TNG. Every BSG show is so full of action and compelling stories. All the characters are very well written (except Helo but I forgive on the count of his awesome callsign :) ). And almost every show ends with a cliffhanger. Before BSG only Smallville interested me and most of those episodes are excuses to plug products.

What's Bones?

Once I lose track of the time slot other things tend to crop up. Of course it will inevitably be repeated anyway so I'm not that bothered realy.

Bones is a bit like a "sexy" version of CSI.

Having a sunday repeat slot makes it easy to catch.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I haven't been so hooked on a show since X-Files and ST: TNG. Every BSG show is so full of action and compelling stories. All the characters are very well written (except Helo but I forgive on the count of his awesome callsign :) ). And almost every show ends with a cliffhanger. Before BSG only Smallville interested me and most of those episodes are excuses to plug products.

What's Bones?

Once I lose track of the time slot other things tend to crop up. Of course it will inevitably be repeated anyway so I'm not that bothered realy.

Bones is a bit like a "sexy" version of CSI.

Having a sunday repeat slot makes it easy to catch.

Reruns and there are "other ways" as well.

In my opinion, this recent episode is a good one.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I thought this was about Battlestar Galactica.

I will not read the spoilers in here, since I can not get the Sci-Fi channel, so I will have to wait until it's released on DVD.

The first season of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA is already available on DVD. It also includes the 4 hours pilot miniseries.

Reruns are not the best way to go because each episode follows the other and unless the network broadcasts the reruns in order instead of the "viewers prefer these episodes so only show those" way like they often do, get that box set :lol:

Say, how many of the twelve cylon models have we seen by now?

Of course, there's number six and the Sharon model, which was revealed as number eight in the last episode.

The model played by Lucy Lawless is apparently number three.

Didn't we see two other models in the pilot, another one posing as a doctor when Starbuck was back on Caprica, and a fourth posing as journalist on the Galactica?

That would make seven so far. Did I miss any?

I have the DVD of the first season the first part of the second. Now I have to wait for the rest of the second season to get done so they can release that.

I am tempted to buy the first season what sort of extra content does it have , if any?

Deleted scenes, which there is plenty of. If they left the scenes in there the episodes would be longer than an hour.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Didn't we see two other models in the pilot, another one posing as a doctor when Starbuck was back on Caprica, and a fourth posing as journalist on the Galactica?

The journalist was the model played bu Lucy Lawless.

I only recall one additional model in the pilot (the one found on the abandoned space station) and he was in this episode as well. It's possible I've missed someone though, it's been a while.

Sharon

Baltar's blonde (That's what I call her)

The "PR Man" from the pilot

The "smuggler" from the pilot

The Black Doctor from Caprica

The Lucy Lawless Journalist

That's all the Human Models that have been shown.

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

The journalist was the model played bu Lucy Lawless.

I only recall one additional model in the pilot (the one found on the abandoned space station) and he was in this episode as well. It's possible I've missed someone though, it's been a while.

The other one is the guy Adama is trapped with at one point when they're getting equipment from the space station. He eventually succumbs to the heat of the place for some reason after Adama has talked with him and discovered him to be a cylon.

You're right about the journalist, though - mea culpa. That means I can only recall six of the twelve models so far...

I'd love top participate in this thread, but still spoilers... :-

Use the ['spoiler'] tag.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

Does this mean Baltar is a Cylon or a higher form of human that can withstand a nuclear blast?

***END OF POSSIBLE SPOILER***

How come when we have scenes on Caprica, only the models we have seen already are present and the last five are not? Wouldn't they all mingle amongst themselves?

Are those Centurions something more than just tin cans with guns? Wouldn't it be cool if they were still the "real" Cylons, pulling all the strings?

The intro to that last episode was amazing.

At the very end of the episode, a Raptor leaves a ship. Is the woman in the Raptor or still on the ship? I didn't get that.... :">

I wouldn't normally do this, but my moderating colleagues can always spank me later...

I just ordered the whole of Galactica season 1, AND the film Serenity for less than 30 quid, from Amazon.co.uk. A 64% discount on Galactica even as a standalone. If you are going to buy, I'd recommend checking it out.

+++IMPORTANT+++

The boxed sets I have received do NOT contain the feature length season beginning. This makes little sense, as the episode '33' does not serve as a reasonable beginning point without the lead up. I do not know if this is peculiar to the Amazon edition.

+++Still more important+++

the original trailer lead-up, is called on its box a 'mini-series', and is available from Amazon at 54% discount, and can be bundled with the rest of the series for a very reasonable price. The alternative is to buy the lot at a total of more than 60 quid! <_<

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

Does this mean Baltar is a Cylon or a higher form of human that can withstand a nuclear blast?

Nah, he was just so far away from the nuclear blast, that he could avoid radition and be safe so long as he ducked when the explosion hit.

If he were a cylon, the whole cylon/human offspring concept would be void. Besides, Baltar can't be cylon simply because he represents some of the worst sides of humanity :)

How come when we have scenes on Caprica, only the models we have seen already are present and the last five are not? Wouldn't they all mingle amongst themselves?

Probably because the actors playing the other cylons haven't been cast yet. And probably also because the writers wants to keep it a surprise who they are. A consistent point on Galactica is that *any* of the known characters could be cylons. Well, maybe not Adama... Hmm, could Apollo or Starbuck be a cylon? :D

Are those Centurions something more than just tin cans with guns? Wouldn't it be cool if they were still the "real" Cylons, pulling all the strings?

Well, I'm still not sure we've seen who really pulls the strings among the cylons...

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

Nah, he was just so far away from the nuclear blast, that he could avoid radition and be safe so long as he ducked when the explosion hit.

If he were a cylon, the whole cylon/human offspring concept would be void. Besides, Baltar can't be cylon simply because he represents some of the worst sides of humanity :)

Probably because the actors playing the other cylons haven't been cast yet. And probably also because the writers wants to keep it a surprise who they are. A consistent point on Galactica is that *any* of the known characters could be cylons. Well, maybe not Adama... Hmm, could Apollo or Starbuck be a cylon? :D

Well, I'm still not sure we've seen who really pulls the strings among the cylons...

Apollo can't be a Cylon because he has a history with humans in the fleet. He's known Starbuck for a long time before the invasion, and his father knows him since he was born... Same with Starbuck. Adama cannot be a Cylon either because he's been known by many humans for a very long time.

The Caprica scenes, I agree with you. It was slight sarcasm since it's a plothole. :lol:

***SPOILER***

The nuclear blast at Baltar's home was strong enough to kill Caprica 6's previous incarnation. Baltar is the main villain in the series and I think he is a Cylon, possibly Model #1, pulling all the strings. Or not. Would be cool though :D

The nuclear blast at Baltar's home was strong enough to kill Caprica 6's previous incarnation. Baltar is the main villain in the series and I think he is a Cylon, possibly Model #1, pulling all the strings. Or not. Would be cool though  :D

I think he survived because Caprica 6 shielded him from the blast with her body.

Anyway, this show just keeps getting better every episode.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't watch TV, generally, and was surprised to find a show this good that hadn't been canceled before I found it. And some of it is already on DVD--amazing.

Honestly, I'd passed it by, until I saw that Edward James Olmos was playing Adama. (Never could quite believe Lorne Greene in that role, sorry; he'll always be Pa Cartright).

Very well-done Sci-Fi. There have been a few obvious plot contrivances, but far less than most stuff, TV or otherwise. I was a little put-off to find Starbuck was female, but it definitely works. (spoiler space)

I'm thinking we are going to see Starbuck clones sometime in the future

As for the rest of the cast, Adama is heavy favorite because of Olmos, but they are deep, well-done characters. Baltar is particularly interesting as an unstereotypical villain--or whatever he is. But I must say that if the writers intended Apollo to be a sympathetic character, it failed. I can't really like or respect him. (spoiler space)

Putting him in charge of Pegasus was a given, from the beginning of that plotline. But I really can't see that as a good move, considering his history of having no allegiance whatsoever. IMO from everything we've seen, he's a loose cannon.

I don't watch TV, generally, and was surprised to find a show this good that hadn't been canceled before I found it.  And some of it is already on DVD--amazing. 

Honestly, I'd passed it by, until I saw that Edward James Olmos was playing Adama.  (Never could quite believe Lorne Greene in that role, sorry; he'll always be Pa Cartright).

Very well-done Sci-Fi.  There have been a few obvious plot contrivances, but far less than most stuff, TV or otherwise.  I was a little put-off to find Starbuck was female, but it definitely works.  (spoiler space)

As for the rest of the cast, Adama is heavy favorite because of Olmos, but they are deep, well-done characters.  Baltar is particularly interesting as an unstereotypical villain--or whatever he is.  But I must say that if the writers intended Apollo to be a sympathetic character, it failed.  I can't really like or respect him. (spoiler space)

Putting him in charge of Pegasus was a given, from the beginning of that plotline.  But I really can't see that as a good move, considering his history of having no allegiance whatsoever.  IMO from everything we've seen, he's a loose cannon.

I agree with you concerning Apollo and that spoiler space. He will probably take the Pegasus back to Caprica in the next episode for the sake of Starbuck, who goes and gets her boyfriend back apparently.

I don't watch TV, generally, and was surprised to find a show this good that hadn't been canceled before I found it.  And some of it is already on DVD--amazing. 

Honestly, I'd passed it by, until I saw that Edward James Olmos was playing Adama.  (Never could quite believe Lorne Greene in that role, sorry; he'll always be Pa Cartright).

Very well-done Sci-Fi.  There have been a few obvious plot contrivances, but far less than most stuff, TV or otherwise.  I was a little put-off to find Starbuck was female, but it definitely works.  (spoiler space)

As for the rest of the cast, Adama is heavy favorite because of Olmos, but they are deep, well-done characters.  Baltar is particularly interesting as an unstereotypical villain--or whatever he is.  But I must say that if the writers intended Apollo to be a sympathetic character, it failed.  I can't really like or respect him. (spoiler space)

Putting him in charge of Pegasus was a given, from the beginning of that plotline.  But I really can't see that as a good move, considering his history of having no allegiance whatsoever.  IMO from everything we've seen, he's a loose cannon.

I agree with you concerning Apollo and that spoiler space. He will probably take the Pegasus back to Caprica in the next episode for the sake of Starbuck, who goes and gets her boyfriend back apparently.

I completely disagree with you guys regarding Apollo

You say he has no allegiance, but I feel just the other way - he has consistently been true to his *principles*, even if it meant opposing his father being insubordinate. Apollo is driven almost entirely by his moral compass. He'll oppose just about anyone, if he thinks they're wrong. Heck, he even chose to die rather than aid Starbuck in a political assassination. His ability to make hard choices based on his ethics regardless of what others think of them is precisely what will make him a great commander, I think.

But I must say that I really like this show. I mean, just listen to Adama in one of the first episodes, when Roslyn asks him to bring in the military to act as police in the fleet...

Adama: "There is a reason why you separate the military and the police. One fights the enemy of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tends to become the people..."

I was totally blown away by that - I became an Adama fan in a second. That's great writing. The writers on this show are great - they were crazy not to keep them on Star Trek, where Ron Moore and David Weddle were major writers on DS9, which was also a very well-written show. The people running Trek should have their heads examined...

I completely disagree with you guys regarding Apollo

You say he has no allegiance, but I feel just the other way - he has consistently been true to his *principles*, even if it meant opposing his father being insubordinate. Apollo is driven almost entirely by his moral compass. He'll oppose just about anyone, if he thinks they're wrong. Heck, he even chose to die rather than aid Starbuck in a political assassination. His ability to make hard choices based on his ethics regardless of what others think of them is precisely what will make him a great commander, I think.

But I must say that I really like this show. I mean, just listen to Adama in one of the first episodes, when Roslyn asks him to bring in the military to act as police in the fleet...

Adama: "There is a reason why you separate the military and the police. One fights the enemy of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tends to become the people..."

I was totally blown away by that - I became an Adama fan in a second. That's great writing. The writers on this show are great - they were crazy not to keep them on Star Trek, where Ron Moore and David Weddle were major writers on DS9, which was also a very well-written show. The people running Trek should have their heads examined...

Yeah. Rick Berman killed a 40 years old franchise. We hate him. >_<