The Battlestar Galactica Thread

astr0creep

I'm no longer able to read this thread because people keep posting frackin' spoilers. <_<

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Cylon hot females : Number 6(the blond Seven-of-Nine wannabe), Sharon, the pregnant Cylon (Number 3 I think) and Xeena.

Starbuck is definitaly a strong leading woman but she is also a bit of a **** as she sleep with a different guy in almost every episode.

In Battlestar Galactica this behavior is commendable to a certain extent since they do need to repopulate a planet when they find it in the series finale.

cant they just use clones?!! or some help from chinese??!! :blink:

IB1OsQq.png

I'm no longer able to read this thread because people keep posting frackin' spoilers.  <_<

And I miss the REAL series :'(

Do you mean the original?

I have not posted any spoilers because I only mention things that already aired.

Sorry for those who cannot be as up to date as we are here in North America however. :">

I'm no longer able to read this thread because people keep posting frackin' spoilers.  <_<

I have not posted any spoilers because I only mention things that already aired.

Sorry for those who cannot be as up to date as we are here in North America however. :">

Apology accepted. But do try to bear in mind that some people may also be catching up on DVD. :( I COULD steam through at maximum speed, but I like to savour the show.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Apology accepted. But do try to bear in mind that some people may also be catching up on DVD. :( I COULD steam through at maximum speed, but I like to savour the show.

Understood. It certainly is a delectable piece of television entertainment worth savouring every second.

I went through the DVD set in 2 days. And I was able to catch all of season 2 with reruns, friends recordings and... other means.

Scar was amaizing!

Yep, that one..where Starbuck is a male, and the World is not sexistic :ph34r:...well,not SO much, and not so confusing <_<

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Yep, that one..where Starbuck is a male, and the World is not sexistic :ph34r:...well,not SO much, and not so confusing <_<

But it has to be sexistic(or sextastic?)! They need to repopulate. REPOPULAAATE!

But it has to be sexistic(or sextastic?)! They need to repopulate. REPOPULAAATE!

Why they aren't usin clone-tech? Or at least normal medical sience to be pregnant only with one 'shot' ?...thats only weird, not story based :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

Why they aren't usin clone-tech? Or at least normal medical sience to be pregnant only with one 'shot' ?...thats only weird, not story based :lol:

You know they're not in the future, right?

But they're lot more advanced then we on Earth <_<

IB1OsQq.png

So? Having cloned humans would be too much like having cloned Cylons.

So? Having cloned humans would be too much like having cloned Cylons.

And as I heared they're humanoid lifeforms too now...and of course women <_<

IB1OsQq.png

I just saw a preview for the upcomming episode, and that asian girl, I'm not going to say it was some of the worst acting I have seen not including Keanu, but it was.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm still trying to cope with the fact that they made Apollo commander of the Pegasus. That was a surprise to say the least  :huh:

That was a really good episode. The last 3 were amazing actually but Captain's Hand was like wow! One of the best for this show, ever.

***SPOILER***

The new law thing was so so but I completely approve with President Roslin's decision in the context of the show. In real life I am pro-choice but in the show, they do need to reproduce, it is a matter of survival. If they don't do enough by choice, it needs to be forced somehow. It could be too early in the show's timeline for this though.

As for Baltar's choice, I think he is the one "Great leader that will bring the colonies to Earth but will die before reaching the promised land" spoken of in the Prophecy, not Roslin.

***END OF SPOILER***

Someone in the above posts mentioned acting.

Most of it is usually top notch but sometimes the actors have a bad day or something and it shows.

Grace Park's work includes a Degrassi ripoff called Edgemont in which she plays a lesbian teen with all the cliched situations you can imagine. I think she does pretty well in BSG but her character, although FULL of potential, hasn't been used very well in season 2 since she is confined to the brig.

Compared to most other current tv shows, including that stupid crap (imo) Desperate Housewives, BSG's actors are well above average.

Like I said, not in the scene I saw on the preview for the upcomming episode.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Long time watcher, first time poster.

Twas one of the best episodes ever. A tad predictable tho. After the commander of Pegasus was having trouble talking to the engine room I knew: 1. He was going to go down there and fix the drives, but die. 2. Apollo would take command and get them out of there and then be given command in general.

It was still cool tho.

Edited by kumquatq3

I used to watch it, but lost track of it after the first series. Only thing I watch at the moment is Bones.

I will probably catch the reruns of BSG at some point.

I haven't been so hooked on a show since X-Files and ST: TNG. Every BSG show is so full of action and compelling stories. All the characters are very well written (except Helo but I forgive on the count of his awesome callsign :) ). And almost every show ends with a cliffhanger. Before BSG only Smallville interested me and most of those episodes are excuses to plug products.

What's Bones?