ABC Miniseries: The Lost

Fionavar

OK, my latest crackpot theory. The island is actually Atlantis' sitser city in the Pacific (you see evidence of large a civilization). It remained hidden to most on the planet due to its "unique geological" electromagnetic generation. The inhabitants were an advanced four toe race of humanoids that died off and the "security system" is a left over, still operational, sentinal. The island was somehow found by Dharma who set up shop to experiment with the islands properties and possibly recovered advanced technology. Something went wrong with Dharma and we are where we are today.

Or

They are actually IN a snowglobe and the 4 toes statue was the little figure that used to look amazed at falling snow. Like Desmond said.

Like the polar bear from Walt's comic. Like the switch to turn off the magnetic generator thingy. Like Locke's legs and Rose's cancer. Like Jack's father.

:)

D'oh! Edmund = Kelven. Forgot about that, I tried looking for another 'OMG fooking Clancy Brown' post but couldn't find it. That makes things...more interesting.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Charlie could've still be taken to Henry and we could only find out later. I just noticed a big shift in Charlie's behavior. Maybe it's just bad acting but I think something's up with him. Something we haven't seen yet.

There wasn't enough time. Jack and Kate were minutes behind Ethan. And if they really needed Charlie for something, Ethan could easily take both of them with him back to their hatch and them release Charlie after Henry explained what he wanted him to do, just like they did with Michael.

btw, I was very surprised that the guys at the end were speaking portuguese... when I saw them playing chess I was quite sure they were russians. Took some seconds for me to realize it was really portuguese (Portugal portuguese sounds sooo strange for a brazilian :blink: ).

Edited by raneforyon

btw, I was very surprised that the guys at the end were speaking portuguese... when I saw them playing chess I was quite sure they were russians. Took some seconds for me to realize it was really portuguese (Portugal portuguese sounds sooo strange for a brazilian  o:) ).

They probably have a connection to Ana Lucia. They met at the airport and she gave them an igloo. :lol:

I thought(read: Assumed) they were Russian as well. I didn't make the language connection as you did, their accent sounded Russian to me :blink:

Where are they? Maybe they're in the Andes or Himalayas and not the Arctic/Antarctic like everyone seems to think?

That sure was a killer finale. Can't wait for season 3. Going through withdrawal already...

Anyway, as it turns out, it seems I was able to predict quite some things. :blink:

- Desmond being on the boat (though that might've been obvious)

- Kelvin having drawn the map, and having been killed by Desmond

- Locke eventually turning against the hatch and causing the button not to be pushed

- Henry being "the usual suspect" (though we're not sure he's "him", but he certainly seems to be one of the Others' top men)

- the button keeping the magnet stable and the magnet causing the crash (hinted at by the look on Desmond's face when he found out when they crashed in episode 2/3)

- the Others being the good guys (first hinted at in Claire's flashback in season 1, when the psychic said "they're good people")

So I suppose Jack, Sawyer and Kate will now join the Others' cause. But why just them? Are they the good ones? Wasn't Locke a good one too? And Eko, since he would've been taken the first night if he hadn't killed those two Others? What's so good about Sawyer?

I reckon the Widmore fellow still has a large role to play, seeing as the name Widmore has already come up quite a few times (the pregnancy test, the balloon...). And then of course, there's the huge foot... o:)

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=36305

"There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year. ... Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he's someone who's going to be very prominent in the show next year."

Hurrah! Henry has quickly become my favorite character, and now we know he's a big shot, he's even cooler! Yay for Henry! o:)

• 1 month later...

The first season just ended here in Finland and after that I have been watching second season episodes from my computer. One of the most enjoyable tv programs I have seen in a while. Four more seasons... I just hope they wont do it too wacky or too lame.

OK, my latest crackpot theory. The island is actually Atlantis' sitser city in the Pacific (you see evidence of large a civilization). It remained hidden to most on the planet due to its "unique geological" electromagnetic generation. The inhabitants were an advanced four toe race of humanoids that died off and the "security system" is a left over, still operational, sentinal. The island was somehow found by Dharma who set up shop to experiment with the islands properties and possibly recovered advanced technology. Something went wrong with Dharma and we are where we are today.

I like this theory.

Maybe the disease killed them?

- the button keeping the magnet stable and the magnet causing the crash (hinted at by the look on Desmond's face when he found out when they crashed in episode 2/3)

- the Others being the good guys (first hinted at in Claire's flashback in season 1, when the psychic said "they're good people")

Strange thing is how all the crashed people seem to connected to each other from before the crash. Maybe the button was ment to go offline from time to time?

Even terrorists see themselves as the "good guys".

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

JJ Abrams said recently that ideally the show would go on for a couple more seasons and then end with a movie.

I think they should go straight to a movie. I'd rather not see 2 more painfully slow seasons about nothing.

Meanwhile in real life Charlie goes out with Kate. The hobbit has done well for himself.

Ooh, too bad I only see after several months.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

About the map, where did the authour get the background story info on the various plottings of the Hanso Foundation and it's foes? Have I missed something? None of those things ring a bell.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The hanso Foundation stuff comes from the Hanso website. They were showing Hanso commercials during the Lost episodes and if you followed the link, you got a bunch of corporate info.

I have no clue what the relevance is though.