Question: HK-47 stands for what?

I've always assumed that "HK" stands for "Hunter Killer" - given his assassination protocols, but does anyone actually know?

So let's here your ideas. :)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

The developers of KotOR, BioWare, revealed where HK-47's name came from on their forums. "HK-47 was the name of the drop ship that put you down on the planet surface in Shattered Steel." Shattered Steel is a 1996 action game developed by BioWare.

The most logical name would be Hunter Killer.

ANything with HK in it's name is often a Hnter Killer of some sort.

Agreed. I still think they should have had the HK-50 unit greet a female Exile with the question, "Query: Are you Sarah Connor?" :D

Edited by Jediphile

I have read somewhere that the HK can either mean Hunter Killer or Henker&Koch.

The number 47 is used so the name can be similar to AK-47.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

The developers of KotOR, BioWare, revealed where HK-47's name came from on their forums. "HK-47 was the name of the drop ship that put you down on the planet surface in Shattered Steel." Shattered Steel is a 1996 action game developed by BioWare.

Quoted for Truth... (might wan't to post the link though, since people seem to have ignored this one...)

EDIT: Nevermind... found the link

Edited by Battlewookiee

The real question is- what does T3-M4 stand for?

Terminator 3, Malachor 4 ? :D

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

The real question is- what does T3-M4 stand for?
I think it doesn't stand for anything. At least the "M" clearly doesn't, as one of the predecessor units was called T3-H8. Anyway, we should keep in mind that T3-M4 was called T3-M3 during early stages of KOTOR I development. Edited by Sikon

In the first KOTOR, after you get captured by the Leviathan and if you choose to send HK to rescue you, then one of the Sith Troopers confirms the "Hunter Killer" acronym by effectively saying, "We found one Hunter Killer model in the cargo hold...", or somesuch.

*GASPS FOR AIR*

manthing2.jpg

And the idea for the ships name came from Terminators 'hunter-killer' + AK-47 :cool:

IB1OsQq.png