Well my intrest in NWN2 just tripled =)

Darque

Never assume something is to you directly unless you're quoted or named in a post :p

edit: I just don't want the big green to lay the "smackdown" on my thread :wub:

Maybe he'll send the new mod to do it for him.

Someone called?

Back to the topic on hand, I look forward to Neverwinter Nights 2. The graphics and the game mechanics look quite promising. Hopefully it will have numerous modules after the wake of it's release like the first one did.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Speaking of mod's, I hope the toolset is more userfriendly.. I wouldn't mind making one :wub:

That would be nice, I would like to make a little mod. Something that deals with drow I believe, being a fan of them. A shame you can't make joinable npcs like you could with Baldur's Gate.

2010spaceships.jpg

Speaking of mod's, I hope the toolset is more userfriendly.. I wouldn't mind making one :)

That would be nice, I would like to make a little mod. Something that deals with drow I believe, being a fan of them. A shame you can't make joinable npcs like you could with Baldur's Gate.

What do you mean you couldn't make joinable NPC's. There are several mods that had custom made joinable NPC's. :)

Edited by Deraldin

What mods are these?

To clarify: When I said making npcs like Baldur's Gate, I meant like they have numerous get to know you dialogues, dialogues with background characters, and quests similiar to what was done in Baldur's Gate 2.

2010spaceships.jpg

You most certainly can do that. In fact, you can make ones that put the BG companions to shame. Many mods do thisincluding the (ones) I'm slowlyyyyyy making....

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What mods are these?

To clarify: When I said making npcs like Baldur's Gate, I meant like they have numerous get to know you dialogues, dialogues with background characters, and quests similiar to what was done in Baldur's Gate 2.

Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher and Twilight/Midnight are the first ones that come to mind. Not much in the way of side quests for the NPC's although they are there and there is interation between you and the NPC. The first set has 3 different NPC's to choose between. Twilight/Midnight has one character for you to interact with who had a detailed background with some priceless interactions between your character and the NPC. :)"

What mods are these?

Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher and Twilight/Midnight are the first ones that come to mind. Not much in the way of side quests for the NPC's although they are there and there is interation between you and the NPC. The first set has 3 different NPC's to choose between. Twilight/Midnight has one character for you to interact with who had a detailed background with some priceless interactions between your character and the NPC. :)"

Thank you. I will check those out. Dreamcatcher sounds familiar to me.

2010spaceships.jpg

Speaking of mod's, I hope the toolset is more userfriendly.. I wouldn't mind making one :)

I only got as far as creating items and a room. <_<

Though I was tempted to make some unique loot for my character then export it into the main game (w00t)

"Though I was tempted to make some unique loot for my character then export it into the main game"

I like the OC... but, I think there is more than enough ph@t lewt to satisfy your powergaming hunger... I would think... Or is there? :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Are we still going to form the Obsidian NWN 2 league (or guild)? There seemed to be an interest for it a few threads back and I for one would be more than happy to cook something up with my fellow boarders. That is, if folks are still interested. Campaign co-op, persistant worlds, modding, anything really.

Edit: I meant playing multi, if it didn't come across. :">

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Speaking of mod's, I hope the toolset is more userfriendly.. I wouldn't mind making one :huh:

I don't mind the toolset a whole lot. The big problem is scripting.

The internship that I'm working on is using NWN and NWScript as a tool to expand the idea of content creation for people who don't have programming skills. The program is ScriptEase and you can find info on it here

It takes a bit of getting used to, and it's far, far, far from complete. You can deal with tons of interactions with objects and triggers and whatnot. We're currently exploring patterns in other areas as well, such as ambient behaviours and stuff. The idea is to create easily adaptable patterns from a (relatively) simple interface without having to punch in code.

They also use it in tons of sociological studies with alternative forms of creative expression and stuff like that.

It's really neat :huh:

I'm curious to see how well it works with NWN2, as in theory the scripting is fully backward compatible with the version of NWScript that exists in the original game. Depending on when it comes out, I wonder if a job on my plate is to port it to NWN2 :D

Edited by alanschu

Apparently there's a school of thought that there's many creative people out there that don't know how to program, but could make better video games than the current programmers :huh:

Like people with BA's in art with theatre minors :huh:"

Edited by alanschu

Well, I have been toying with the script side of things on the toolset and it is really mind blowing. Volourn has helped me a little bit but there is still things I am trying to figure out. Man, I really want to learn how to script before NWN 2 is released so that way I can immediately go into making modules in NWN 2 tools system, though I have dozens of maps made over my past attempts but it is the scripting language that has pretty much held me back.

Writing out logic and my brain just doesn't mix well in case you guys haven't noticed. There's that and well, I like to make a sci fi/modern CRPG with the NWN system. :)

Edited by Judge Hades

Are we still going to form the Obsidian NWN 2 league (or guild)? There seemed to be an interest for it a few threads back and I for one would be more than happy to cook something up with my fellow boarders. That is, if folks are still interested. Campaign co-op, persistant worlds, modding, anything really.

Edit: I meant playing multi, if it didn't come across.  :">

Im down for joining a guild upon game release. :)

I don't know much of anything with the mod scene of NWN so I'll speak from the BG mod scene when it comes to mods. The first thing I ever made was a sword. Wow. Than I read all of the tutorials I could get my hands on, over and over again. Than I looked at stuff in the game to see how it worked. After much reading and trial and error I can make npc mods with dialogues, scripts and other sorts of things.

Edited by Gabrielle