KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

In K2 you do go from apprentice to master.

Beginning-      Appr.- You \/      Master- Kreia

End-        Appr.- Handmaiden/Atton/Disiple/Bao-dur/Mira\/  Master- You

yeah but i think it could be alot more involved after handmaiden becomes your aprentice there are no conversations involving you as her master more involved would be the key plus i think it would be better if u were ds it would be possible to kill ur master and take on the role of master

I'd like to be able to finally wipe Czerka Corp. off the face of the galaxy. For good.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

In K2 you do go from apprentice to master.

Beginning-      Appr.- You \/      Master- Kreia

End-        Appr.- Handmaiden/Atton/Disiple/Bao-dur/Mira\/  Master- You

"I'm hoping for a fully fleshed out, Master-Apprentice role, where over the course of the game, you move from Apprentice to Master."

IMO you were hardly a "Master" as all you did was go through a dialogue that flipped a magical switch that enabled Jedi powers.

I agree that the Master/Padawan thing (especially as it relates to the PC and the PC's padawan) should be very integral to the story and focus on quality instead of quantity.

It's great to have a number of different people who *could* be your Padawan but, once the commitment is made, that person is the only Force Sensitive you are going to be mentoring (in that fashion) and you will be mentoring ALOT.

With regard to the PC's own teacher. Well, having a protagonist who is not already a god would be a start in cultivating a true mentorship there as well. So far, IMO, the PC's teachers have been little more than devices to advance the main story. They need to seperate the Force training from the main storytelling a bit, IMO.

I agree that the Master/Padawan thing (especially as it relates to the PC and the PC's padawan) should be very integral to the story and focus on quality instead of quantity.

It's great to have a number of different people who *could* be your Padawan but, once the commitment is made, that person is the only Force Sensitive you are going to be mentoring (in that fashion) and you will be mentoring ALOT.

With regard to the PC's own teacher.  Well, having a protagonist who is not already a god would be a start in cultivating a true mentorship there as well.  So far, IMO, the PC's teachers have been little more than devices to advance the main story.  They need to seperate the Force training from the main storytelling a bit, IMO.

I agree completely. So far the master/padawan relationship has been terrible in KotOR games. At least it was a little better in K2 - what master or apprentice did Revan have in K1? At least the Exile had Kreia as a "surrogate" mentor and could get some of the companions, particularly Handmaiden or Disciple, as padawans-of-sorts. I'd much rather see the main character of K3 go through the padawan-to-knight-to-master thing during the actual game.

You'd begin a few years after K2, and you're a youngling just becoming a padawan. You were among a group of youngling who were taken into hiding (like Obi-Wan and Yoda) by a few knights when the Sith (Nihilus and Sion) hunted down the jedi. You begin as a padawan on Coruscant under your master, and as the game progresses, you are thrown into the position of a knight when your master is killed and later takes a padawan of your own.

And please, no "chosen one" gimmick in K3 - that position is already filled by both Revan and the Exile (!). So the new main character should just be someone who facilitates what Revan and Exile must do to fulfil their destinies.

I would like a full chapter in the game dedicated to the Jedi trials.

Similar to K1 on Dantooine or in Jedi Outcast but... more.

Solving puzzles : Real ones that require a basic knowledge of the Star Wars universe or at the very least the KOTOR expanded universe.

Lightsaber construction : Crystals are supposed to be very rare so it should be a lot harder to get than just ''opening'' a crystal formation. And the actual building of the lightsaber should require some skills from the player, like maybe a series of DDR/Indigo Prophecy style of actions mixed with IQ type questions/answers like we've seen before in the KOTOR games. Sabers should also be fully customizable!

Lightsaber handling : A mini tournament to determine the best swordsman of the Academy/Enclave with a wide range of stances and styles to choose from, a few force powers as well. At the end of the tournament, the way you fight determines your class Guardian/Sentinel/Consular.

These trials should also require the PC to attain certain levels of expertise in order to proceed, with opportunities to acquire the experience needed to gain those levels or items that boost stats/skills.

The trials would also determine your starting alignment. if you take the short and easy way out, like destroying the door with a grenade instead of looking around for the switch to open it would make you DS.

Once a Jedi Knight, one would also have to prove her/himself before taking on a Padawan of his own.

[sLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD]

>>I'd much rather see the main character of K3 go through the padawan-to-knight-to-master thing during the actual game.<<

yes and no. what I mean by that is, yes, that would be preferred for future titles (this era is, after all, ripe for self-contained stories as the Jedi are basically the FBI of the Republic)....however, if K3 follows directly after K2 then there is the matter of rebuilding the Order (not alot of Force-users in the Galaxy right now). So a formal faction progression (while preferred for this era) may not be feasible in the next installment. It's not that the PC could not have been mentored in this fashion, it is just that there is no council to give you quests and bestow honors.

>>And please, no "chosen one" gimmick in K3 - that position is already filled by both Revan and the Exile (!). So the new main character should just be someone who facilitates what Revan and Exile must do to fulfil their destinies.<<

Can you imagine what any old game company would do with K3? It is hard to imagine. If anyone can make K3 with Revan (remember, Revan CANNOT rebuild the Order) and the Exile being heavily involved but still leaving plenty of room for a new PC, Obsidian can. And K3 MUST be the Return of the King of the present story arch. The fans will NOT forgive another filler story.

They need to slow down the advancement considerable. In the PnP game once you have 7 levels in a Jedi class you are considered Jedi Knight potentential but to attain the rank you would need to be tested. Either do something for the Jedi Order as a whole or succeed in a difficult task set forth by the council.

[sLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD]

>>I'd much rather see the main character of K3 go through the padawan-to-knight-to-master thing during the actual game.<<

yes and no.  what I mean by that is, yes, that would be preferred for future titles (this era is, after all, ripe for self-contained stories as the Jedi are basically the FBI of the Republic)....however, if K3 follows directly after K2 then there is the matter of rebuilding the Order (not alot of Force-users in the Galaxy right now).  So a formal faction progression (while preferred for this era) may not be feasible in the next installment.  It's not that the PC could not have been mentored in this fashion, it is just that there is no council to give you quests and bestow honors.

>>And please, no "chosen one" gimmick in K3 - that position is already filled by both Revan and the Exile (!). So the new main character should just be someone who facilitates what Revan and Exile must do to fulfil their destinies.<<

Can you imagine what any old game company would do with K3?  It is hard to imagine.  If anyone can make K3 with Revan (remember, Revan CANNOT rebuild the Order) and the Exile being heavily involved but still leaving plenty of room for a new PC, Obsidian can.  And K3 MUST be the Return of the King of the present story arch.  The fans will NOT forgive another filler story.

Maybe Revan could lead the Sith, training them and the player, and the Exile would do the same with the Jedi?

The player would choose his/her master!

They need to slow down the advancement considerable.  In the PnP game once you have 7 levels in a Jedi class you are considered Jedi Knight potentential but to attain the rank you would need to be tested.  Either do something for the Jedi Order as a whole or succeed in a difficult task set forth by the council.

If only it was PnP... <_<

But that fact of the madder is reven didnt lead the true sith his sith were meant to "save" the galxey for the true sith empire. reven sacificed himslef tp the darkside because i the words of sun szu " know your emeny know your self and you will win 1000 battles" an d revenbeing such a great commanded he did this

Any 'hero' is a chosen one :p

Even anti-heroes? :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy