Your Favorite Food?

Chupacabra

So do you like tofu stir fried or cooked in a fish soup? (I am not giving up. :) )

Definitely not fish soup. I am vegan/vegetarian.

So no tofu-meatloaf either? Damn! I am left with very few options here.

Btw, since you are vegetarian, eating more tofu is very healthy for you since it's high in protein. ;)

Edited by julianw

My sister liked a lentil soup with a big dollop of plain yogurt on top. Not my thing...but I did like the flat pan-fried rising bubble bread she made...something from India.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Georgia as in the ex-East block country, not the state.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My sister liked a lentil soup with a big dollop of plain yogurt on top. Not my thing...but I did like the flat pan-fried rising bubble bread she made...something from India.

The bread: roti, paratha, chapati or something else (depending on region of origin).

@kaftan vindaloo is far from being the quintessential dish in indian food. There is a massive variety of curries and such to cater for all tastes.

I'm down with most kinds of seafood, or fish in general.

The local curries in Malaysia are great, but they're different from Brit/overseas stuff. I think MCA would know what I mean.

Fresh cherries right off the trees are superb. Learned that on my trip to the farm.

As for tofu, I like "sui-tofu" or "water" tofu. It's so soft it breaks apart in your mouth. I haven't seen anything like that overseas. Even back here it's not easy to find a good type.

Lamb and salmon would make my list of top favourite foods.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I like a good casserole or soup/stew at home.

Italian or Chinese food is good for eating out.

Best place for cherries is down in the Central Valley (California), all along I-5 there's these little [illegal] fruit stands where immigrants [possibly illegal] sell cherries, right from the trees.

Georgian food is remarkably good.

Not to mention their hospitality.

They do tend to have a bit of a '70s disco thing going on, though. Big-collar shirts, open to the chest, with gold chains.

But damn, they make some good food. I have no idea how to transliterate it (or even spell it in Russian, for that matter), but there's a dish they have called khachapuri, or something like that...think basically cheese bread, but that doesn't even begin to cover it. Stuffed peppers, some fantastic stews...man. Mama Zoya's in Moscow, how I miss it so.

In Turkey we have Iskender Kebap.( Yes, not Kebab :( ) It is my favourite. Its name is coming from Alexander the Great.  If you come Turkey, try it :)

I went to Turkey in the summer of 2005. And yes they have som extremely tasty kebap there. BUT (Notice how big that but is!) make sure you bring some.. uh.. food poisoning medicine. I was stuffing my face with as much great turkish food that I could find.. it was unbelievably good, spicy, tasty, delicious.. until I got the worst diarrhea of my life. It lasted two and a half day and I actually crapped my pants twice! It was that bad. I was basically lying in the fetus position, curled up around the toilet for two days. I even named the damn thing (Oh, how I miss thee, Urkel..).

When I got home I found out that Turkey is number two on the much coveted Diarrhea Top Ten list (only surpassed by Egypt).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Whenever I eat chocolate, or really any sweets, I have to eat something else after it. Like chips or meat or something.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It's not about balance, or healthy, I just don't like having the taste in my mouth after.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I see what you mean, though I really don't mind the aftertaste. The one aftertaste I do mind the most from sweets has to be grape-flavored bubblegum. I don't know why, but anything grape-flavored tends to leave a bad taste in my mouth afterward. :thumbsup:

It isn't about the aftertaste. I just don't like having the taste in my mouth for the rest of the day.

Living in central Texas barbeque and mexican food are king.

It something like 7 of the top ten barbeque places in the world are within an hours drive, including the top four.

Lately I've been addicted to fish tacos and crabcakes, I'll probaly get mercury poisoning.

Ah mercury, the sweetest of the transition metals.

edit: as to not look lika a fecalfreak

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.