Bloodlines

alanschu

Could someone explain how Melee/Ranged Combat Requirement, Lethality and Feat Adjustment work for weapons?

Plus how say melee combat proficiency is calculated.  Is it that different from d20?

I'm not sure of it my self but i found this:

http://dlh.net/chtdb/chtview.php?lang=ger&...p=e31758&page=2

It may be of some help.

i just bought the game and wanna play it, but when i am finished installing (which may i add goes perfectly) i launch the game, but i get a dialouge box titled engine error and it contains the text "unable to init shader system". i have all the up to date system requirements, have reinstalled it many times, and have visited the tech support page which told me that i had to have the correct system requirements (which i have).i have even changed my display setting to 800*600, it still has the same error no matter what i do, i have even installed the patches and installed it in different languages. how can i get the game to work? please someone help!

The system requirements are a lie onthe box.  The actual minimum requirements were the recommended system.

the thing is that i have way abouve the minimum syte requirments i have a gig of ram ewen it recomends 200

etc,,

Try reinstalling DirectX, updating your DirectX version, or installing newer video card drivers. If you have an ATI card, try the latest Omega drivers.

You could also try the -dxlevel command line switch. For example, place -dxlevel 70 after the target of the exe in your bloodlines shortcut to run in DX7 mode. So that if it's installed to your C:\ drive under English Windows, the target would be

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" -dxlevel 70

The system requirements are a lie onthe box.  The actual minimum requirements were the recommended system.

the thing is that i have way abouve the minimum syte requirments i have a gig of ram ewen it recomends 200

etc,,

Try reinstalling DirectX, updating your DirectX version, or installing newer video card drivers. If you have an ATI card, try the latest Omega drivers.

You could also try the -dxlevel command line switch. For example, place -dxlevel 70 after the target of the exe in your bloodlines shortcut to run in DX7 mode. So that if it's installed to your C:\ drive under English Windows, the target would be

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" -dxlevel 70

tried all that and have the l8est drivers so i dunno wat 2 do i just unistalled it again and now while im reinstalling it it says that a file os missing

Edited by lordodark

ATI is easy. Just go to:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894

You can contact folks from there or just go through the self help areas.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

okay my latest problem is with installing it i unistaled it to try and fix some problems a while ago recently i have attempted to re install it when i insert disk two i get an error alerting me that dialouge is missing and that i need to verify it exists and is useable when i eventually find it on the disk i try to launch the audio anly to have windowws explorer crash to the desktop i try to install it but the game is now uninstallable how do i fix this i have 2 days left to return it should i get a new copy

For the "shader" thing....

Check to see if your graphics card supports Shader Model 3.0, which I believe is the newest one out there and it comes with Direct X 9.0.

I ran Bloodlines with a integrated GeForce 4, 512 MB of RAM (even though the video card was stealing 64 of it) and a 2 ghz processor. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but it installed and ran correctly when I used all the fixes on the vampireplanet forums. I don't think you need top-notch Shader support (b/c that integrated card sure didn't have it), but you might need some sort of support.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

A quick noob question - I just picked up the game. Er, any idea on what patches to install, or where to get them from?

Edited by Dyan

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

ty! :thumbsup:

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

A quick noob question - I just picked up the game. Er, any idea on what patches to install, or where to get them from?

Install the official patch. I heard the unofficial patches cause problems.

The official patch leaves LOADS of bugs unsorted, because Troika closed soon after. Unofficial patches are still being released on the official forums. I think 1.5 was a good one. My 1.6 turned almost every NPC in the game to kindred, making it impossible to feed or successfully obfuscate. Only bums and hookers were still human, and since the patch also messed up my blood gauge they'd always die. Corrupted my savegame and messed up my hilarious Malk playthrough.

This was in the middle of last year, though - I've since uninstalled the game and a new patch was in the works even back then. Either way, it's a member of the forum who does the patches, so any problems would be highlighted in a thread. I'd still be playing it now, but my load times were often up to 30 minutes for just for entering new areas. At least I'd get useful things done while playing the game.

Unofficial patches should just be that, patches. While fixing bugs is appreciated, making unrelated and arbitrary changes to the game is not. Giving the PC more than 20 experience points per solved quest or having every female vampire dress like Jeanette is not bug fixing. Might as well call them fan modifications because that's mostly what they are.