Bloodlines

alanschu

I'm playing through Bloodlines again, and I must say I still love the haunted house level.

I just finished playing it and I still got the heebie-jeebies at points during it.

I'm going through as a female Malkavian, that will likely be specializing in Dementation (of course), as well as my usual h4x0ring, and probably firearms (the Kill-o-matic is just too much fun). I do have Auspex, so I'll probably level that up a bit, and leave points out of wits and perception and just use Auspex when I really need to.

I'm just about to attack the Sabbat warehouse. I've always been rather stealthy in there, but maybe it's time for me to unleash some fury....though I've always meant to play through as a Brujah, so I'll probably wait for that go around before I massacre everyone.

I'm playing through Bloodlines again, and I must say I still love the haunted house level.

I just finished playing it and I still got the heebie-jeebies at points during it.

I'm a wussy. After my first play thru I had to use a cheat code to fast forward through that haunted house part.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The haunted level was too cliched to actually be scary. It was so well done, however, that it still stood out as a high point of the game for me.

Definitely play as a melee-oriented Brujah if you want to tear everything up.

I hated that bullets moved faster along with you when you flipped Celerity on. The moment they left the gun they should've moved the same speed as everything else.

I may or may not have been bitter about this because I think it would be hilarious to aim at a baddie and shoot yourself.

Edited by Child of Flame

Heh, after playing through the Shalebridge Cradle in Thief 3, that haunted mansion in Bloodlines felt like taking a stroll in the park for me. To this date, I don't think any level in any game has kept me on my toes as much as T3's Cradle.

BTW, did anyone notice that you can get bonus XP points for not killing anyone at certain locations, like the Sabbat warehouse or the museum. It's pretty hard to accomplish, but with high stealth and obfuscate it can be done.

I'm a wussy. After my first play thru I had to use a cheat code to fast forward through that haunted house part.

The haunted house is one of the greatest parts in the game.Too bad it's short in my opinion, I could hang out there longer.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The haunted House level didn't scare me to badly.  The Hollywood sewers on the other hand...

DEAD BODIES ARE NOT MISSILE WEAPONS!

Are they melee weapons like grenades?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Oh my god, yes--the CRADLE. If Bloodlines' hotel scared you, you won't live through Thief 3's Cradle. Not for the faint of heart.

I've had this discussion before, but I was totally underwhelmed with the Cradle. It wasn't at all scary and I thought it was one of the least fun levels in Thief III. I will say it was very athmospheric though and that gives it bonus points.

My Brujah loved smacking those things around with his bare fists. Punching bags. lol.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The haunted house is one of the greatest parts in the game.

I agree. It was in this quest that I decided I was really going to like this game. And I did. :thumbsup:

The 'headrunners' (is that their actual name?) were pretty scary - one attacked me by surprise, as I was going back through the area with lots of little film sets, and I jumped back away from the monitor. This is not a good idea when you're wearing headphones.

The headrunners were overused by the end, though.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The 'headrunners' (is that their actual name?) were pretty scary - one attacked me by surprise, as I was going back through the area with lots of little film sets, and I jumped back away from the monitor.  This is not a good idea when you're wearing headphones.

That's the spot I'm talking about. Even when I play another game and get to that spot again, I'll go slow so I won't get surprised and yet they still make me jump.