Bloodlines

alanschu

Guest MacLeodCorp
I'm playing through Bloodlines again, and I must say I still love the haunted house level.

I just finished playing it and I still got the heebie-jeebies at points during it.

I'm going through as a female Malkavian, that will likely be specializing in Dementation (of course), as well as my usual h4x0ring, and probably firearms (the Kill-o-matic is just too much fun).  I do have Auspex, so I'll probably level that up a bit, and leave points out of wits and perception and just use Auspex when I really need to.

I'm just about to attack the Sabbat warehouse.  I've always been rather stealthy in there, but maybe it's time for me to unleash some fury....though I've always meant to play through as a Brujah, so I'll probably wait for that go around before I massacre everyone.

When I first played the game, I was in the dark. When I got to the haunted house, I jumped several times. They did a great job in creating anticipation.. The sound track is one of the best. The only problem with the game is that there were very few clothing options, and weapons were tough to deal with. Besides that, I thought it was a cool idea to bring the actual book to game format. Unlike its predicessor, Bloodlines was pretty fun to play through.

The moment we've likely not been waiting for.

How to get past the big bad wolf with a 1 dexterity, non celerity wielding malkavian.

People that still want to play this game may want to avoid this video, as it contains some top notch secrets for how to survive the werewolf, which you may want to figure out on your own.

This is the correct way. It can be pretty tricky, as you can see, and I barely make it through. It is definitely the most challenging part of the game IMO.

Correct_Way.wmv

This is the video of the not so correct way. It's a bit too slow, and doing it will get you killed. Though to be honest, I was a lot closer to success then I thought I would get.

Not_Correct_Way.wmv

This is the absolute stupid thing to do. It might seem like a good idea to start, but nope...it's bad bad bad bad bad. I'll forgive one attempt at most, but you should definitely never, ever try it more than once.

Dumbass_Way.wmv

All kidding aside, I was able to successfully get through on my first attempt, only getting hit once. And I was serious that I survived as long as I did in both failures. My "mad FPS skills" accounted for me holding down W, turning with the mouse, and tapping E to open the door.

I seriously considered doing the scene a variety of ways, including running backwards, and using the keyboard to turn. The only real reason I didn't was because the chat with Nines was taking too long.

Edited by alanschu

I was playing through the game again, and figured I'd make some videos as I played through it.

I found the escape from the Society of Leopold after Bach sets off his bomb to be a more difficult situation time wise.

I posted the videos simply to illustrate how asinine your claims were with respect to the difficulty. I still find the fact that you can't get inside without Celerity (though you can proceed through the game walking just as fast as I can when running all the time). I have a one dexterity Malkavian, and the only real "defense" I have against the thing is the artifact that gave me +1 Aggravated soak. Though you should have also had that as well, given you claim to be good at RPG games. To claim that that scene needed "FPS relfexes" makes me wonder how you were able to really play any game.

It also lended some perspective to those that have never played the game before, who may have read your claims.

Though stuff like this makes me hope a game like FO3 is first-person more and more.....as it was quite entertaining.

Hey, I can only relate my experience to the game If your experience is different then so be it. That is your experience and not mine. All I know is that the dozen or so times I tried to run fromthe werewolf with my Malkavian I die. Died over and over and over again.

Hey, I can only relate my experience to the game If your experience is different then so be it.  That is your experience and not mine.  All I know is that the dozen or so times I tried to run fromthe werewolf with my Malkavian I die.  Died over and over and over again.

You should stick to less challenging combat then. Challenging combat and games aren't your thing. :thumbsup:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oh I don't need you to say I'm superior. I know I suck at challenging games. I just found it incredibly humorous that you of all people complain about the difficulty of a level in a RPG.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I am still baffled he was even able to get there. Would have enjoyed watching a video of it.

Still not sure how it killed him in two hits, as it had to pummel me pretty good before I had final death. It's kind of funny because he complained about only have 1 dexterity, which can easiliy be set to 5 with a single blood buff.

Maybe it just scares him too much. I'll admit, it makes me jump while I run around the observatory and I can hear it running around in the adjacent room.

Edited by alanschu

Yar har har.

Though the main issue I had was the description of events, that just don't occur in the game.

Back to on topic, what should I play as my next playthrough?

My two front runners are problably Brujah and Nosferatu. I've played through as Ventrue, Toreador, and soon Malkavian, so they are out.

Play styles and other suggestions also appreciated.

Edited by alanschu

Then laugh already.  Have it and savor it.  yes, I couldn't get past the werewolf.  I suck.  laugh all you want.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahha! *points and laughs*

Back to on topic, what should I play as my next playthrough?

My two front runners are problably Brujah and Nosferatu.  I've played through as Ventrue, Toreador, and soon Malkavian, so they are out.

Play styles and other suggestions also appreciated.

I wish I could play through again. Alas, I'm one of those unfortunate people whose machine didn't seem to get along with the game and most of my play through was in slow motion (yet I didn't have trouble with the werewolf).

I think if/when I get a faster computer I'll give it another try. I can't even remember which clan I played at my first and only time through.

I'll ad-lib.

Something to the effect of:

"If I can do it, any person of moderate intelligence should be able to do it."

As a result, I consider that a compliment to us for being able to do the werewolf part :D

ANYHOO! The last play through was with a Toreador which was a very successful character. Celerity 5 rocks. Especially in the Kill Bill wannabe scene in Chinatown. The bullets fly with a ripple effect and I was just chopping away with the katana. Everyone died, messily.

Oh, I did kill that damn werewolf. Sheesh. Werewolf dead, lets move on. :rolleyes:

Edited by Judge Hades

I'll ad-lib.

Something to the effect of:

"If I can do it, any person of moderate intelligence should be able to do it."

As a result, I consider that a compliment to us for being able to do the werewolf part :D

There. Close enough. :rolleyes:

I typically just blood buff my way through everything with a katana that I procur on the scene.

Beserk made things interesting with my Malk, and I was able to use Obfuscate at times as well, and finish off some people with the katana silent kill (which is pretty cool, especially against vampires as they disintigrate in your hands).