Bloodlines

alanschu

My heart says that I should play a smooth talking Toreador with katana skills, but my mind says I'd be better off with firearm skills.  Advice?  :-

Go with that. That's how I played one of my games. She was a Toreador who excelled with melee weapons, katana, and used her charms to get what she wants through dialogues. When that didn't happen, she took out the trusty katana to take what she wants.

I never really found headshots to do more damage in that game though.

They do with the Sniper Rifle. Instakills everything but bosses afaik. Maybe not the sewer monsters, never tried it on those.

Really? I'll have to try that. I know that 'Jaime Sue' gets a damage bonus simply for being zoomed in.

It doesn't need a headshot though.

Edited by alanschu

Maybe that was it then. I'm not 100% sure. My Malkavian liked to hide far away with obfuscate and take sniper shots at people and did some wicked damage. Maybe it was just the zoom in part, I can't say for sure. I always made headshots.

I also think I used a sniper rifle I bouth from Mercurio, not the "Jamie Sue". It's possible that was patched in by the unofficial patch though, although it was only a slightly improved version of "JS".

I was a bit surprised....as I figured any zooming meant bonus damage. So when I got the actual sniper rifle (the one that Bach uses), I didn't get any bonus damage. I didn't try for headshots though.

Though I do know that "headshots" do exist, at least in some way. You can kill zombies instantly with a headshot (in fact, I don't even think it shows damage...they just explode).

Edited by alanschu

I think I had the sniper rifle when facing Bach. He was kinda pointless when I could shoot him just as good as he could shoot me.

The zombies showed damage for me. Something like 244 in big red letters.

If it's a melee attack I think they just explode though.

I'll need to test this out when I get home tonight :thumsup: I'll probably make some videos too, just for comparisons sake.

I remember barely surviving the stupid zombie horror show in the graveyard by spamming the Braddock (Mac-10) with my medicore gun kills and pulling off some fluky headshots on them and watching them gib with 10 seconds left and the gate about to be broken down.

That was one of the hardest quests for me...probably because I didn't have Celerity. I can imagine it being very useful.

Yeah, but my shooting skills sucked at the time :rolleyes:

I'd usually run up and "spaz" on them :D

The pellet spread did provide assistance for the headshots. I don't believe I had a rifle at the time though. My "sniper" weapon was the anaconda (which is pretty good as a sniper weapon, but needs to reload faster).

Edited by alanschu

It was usually colourful.

On another note, what's with the gun naming in the game? I'm pretty sure the Spaz is correct, as is the Steyr Aug and the Anaconda, but the Killmatic, Brock, Braddock, etc. were all name changed.

They only got a 'partial' license? Or does Steyr not care? :D

I got the Jaime Sue as a reward for finishing the quest though.

Edited by alanschu

I love using the shotgun at close range, let them get right up to you, and than fire! Watch them go sailing in the air from the knock back.  :blink:

I was disappointed that the Spaz does not have that same result. But I wholeheartedly prefer the Spaz over the Ultica pump action. I can kill one of those big 3-headed womanish with split open belly things in a single clip which means no panicking by me.

So how many patches have been released thus far? 

Have any helped with the many technical issues?

There are two official patches I believe that have been released with the latest one being 1.2. I beleive the patches helped since I used to have random crashes all of the time. When I installed patch 1.02 I encountered fewer problems.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.