Bloodlines

alanschu

speaking of pathetic im in a bit of a pickle but cant enable the console have done what the other sites suggested by adding -console at the end of the shortcut target location but i get an error message telling me it is an invalid command having just got the game working am a little upset any suggestions :ermm:

Make sure it looks like this in your shortcut:

"D:\Games\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe" -console

With quotes and everything exactly as they are. The D:\Games stuff is just my directory, replace with yours.

Do not put -console inside the quotes like so:

"D:\Games\Vampire - Bloodlines\vampire.exe -console"

It has to be outside of the quotes.

^Memory leak =]

I've heard some mention setting Bloodlines to low priority. Here's a quote that I copy and pasted for my own use later. I haven't tried it out yet.

Create a text file.

Type in: start /low vampire.exe -console

Save the file as Vampire.bat, then stick it in the same place as your Vampire.exe and boot up with that.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

The worst lags for me happened in Santa Monica outdoors when it rains. I think Gabs said that that was when the game lags the worst, but by that time I had uninstalled the game because I thought that I'd be stuck with that level of performance throughout the game.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Santa Monica when it rains is a killer and so is downtown when it loads. I've had it crash a few times as it's loading to downtown.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Very odd...

AMD64 3000+

1gig RAM

6600GT 128meg video

game always played smooth for me with all eye candy on.

I heard less then a gig of RAM and bloodlines did cause issues on lower end hardware setups. But since I have dual channel 512meg I never had a chance to find out.

of course shutting down all background apps like mcafee and IM's is quite helpful as well performance wise.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I do have a good harddrive. Not sure on the speed exactly, but it is an SATA drive. 160 GB.

I do notice a bit more stutter now than when I first played it (which is when I first got my computer). I suspect my OS has become a bit "bogged down" as Windows OS' seem to enjoy doing.

It sounds more like you've overextended your RAM and are now using virtual memory, if you're getting that much HD usage.

How much stuff do you have running in the background? Any other areas that memory might be getting used up?

Oooh found this @ planet vampire

Performance Increase

-add: -heapsize xxxxxx after the targetline in the shortcut for bloodlines.Where xxxxxx stands for half of your RAM in kb.So if you have 512 RAM the shortcut target line should look like this:"C:\Program Files\Activision .... blah blah blah\vampire.exe" -heapsize 250000

To enable the console too just make it look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Activision .... blah blah blah\vampire.exe" -console -heapsize 250000

And if you were wondering,yes you have to add those spaces in between.

-When you run the game,before you select a new game or load a saved game, hit the "~" key to bring up console, and type:autosave_on 0

That will disable the autosave and increase the loading speed.

-After that type:particles_enable_precipitaion 0

to disable the rain.

-Open the cfg folder and file in the Vampire folder and:

1.change: rate to "25000"

2.change: dsp_dist_max to "440" (you don't have to do this one,but try it and see if you need the change)

-Disable antivirus software

-Change the paging file size so that the number you typed in + your Ram size equal 2048mb.