Bloodlines

alanschu

Should I go shotgun or uzi through the game? I'm not sure what to upgrade now. I'm doing the 9th Circle quest and I've got about 5 in melee (eventually katana's my aim), 3 in Celerity, about 5 in lockpicking and 4 in hacking.

I've got about 5 in persuasion and a bit in seduction because I'm a sexy Toreador.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Should I go shotgun or uzi through the game?  I'm not sure what to upgrade now.  I'm doing the 9th Circle quest and I've got about 5 in melee (eventually katana's my aim), 3 in Celerity, about 5 in lockpicking and 4 in hacking.

I've got about 5 in persuasion and a bit in seduction because I'm a sexy Toreador.

Just melee everything, actually. Melee is way powerful in this game, much more so than firearms. Everything melees YOU, anyways. Though I would go with the uzi, I think. It's not worthless getting firearms though, because you'll really need it for the endboss. Boost your Auspex discipline, the only real discipline that is really exclusive to the Toreador, because it can improve your hacking skill, and improve your firearms, both of which seem like skills you want to invest in.

Also, I *believe* the bushhook is better than the katana, slightly. I may be wrong.

I put a few points in Auspex, as it's typically cheaper to put the points in there rather than into Wits and Perception. I have them compliment each other so that I can easily get rank 5 in each.

As for the weapons, since you can hold a ton of weapons go both! If I had to choose I'd pick the Uzi. Not the Mac-10 though...but the Uzi (Killmatic). With Skill 10 the gun is an automatic sniper rifle.

Should I go shotgun or uzi through the game?  I'm not sure what to upgrade now.  I'm doing the 9th Circle quest and I've got about 5 in melee (eventually katana's my aim), 3 in Celerity, about 5 in lockpicking and 4 in hacking.

Use melee but if you must use a ranged weapon use the shotguns. Better bang for your buck. Plus if the enemy is close you can literally blast them back.

Use melee but if you must use a ranged weapon use the shotguns. Better bang for your buck. Plus if the enemy is close you can literally blast them back.

Note: This is only with the pump-action. The Spaz-15 does not knock your enemies back. Though it's full auto and I infinitely prefer it over the pump-action.

EDIT: It is possible to see your character from the front if you want though, in the character screen. You can even spin them around and whatnot and physics still works.

Edited by alanschu

To be honest, I was actually a little surprised that it affected vampires just the same.

I didn't like the blast back much because I thought it was too over the top, with people flying back into walls and sticking there for a while before falling down.

Those big things that chuck bodies can be killed with a single Spaz clip though.

To be honest, I was actually a little surprised that it affected vampires just the same.

I didn't like the blast back much because I thought it was too over the top, with people flying back into walls and sticking there for a while before falling down.

Those big things that chuck bodies can be killed with a single Spaz clip though.

Those spider type things? I hate those and that's the main time that I use ranged instead of melee. Spaz comes in handy there.

I haven't tested Alanschu's gun-only tips yet, though I plan to.  If you decide to go this route, let us know how it goes.

I'm more like a super fast ninja that shoots people in the face with my shotgun before switching to melee. Either that or I try to drain them when I'm close enough.

Btw it was freaky aiming for the heads of the infinte zombies with my .38 while running through the cramped corridors of the decrepit building of the Plague quest (reload faster pls), till I realised that the fire axe worked much better.

Spreading beauty with my katana.