Bloodlines

alanschu

Yeah. I'm a little disappointed it's not available in dialogue choices like Dementia or Dominate. I'd find it more splashable (sorry, mtg lingo) if it affected dialogue too. I'm just not seeing enough sexy hypno charm in my Toreador dialogue.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Need help urgently! How do I solve the 3 candles riddle in Grout's mansion? I've jumped down the hatch from the upper level and I read something about Perception, Mind and Time but how do I reach harmony? What harmony - all candles on??

Need help urgently!  How do I solve the 3 candles riddle in Grout's mansion?  I've jumped down the hatch from the upper level and I read something about Perception, Mind and Time but how do I reach harmony?  What harmony - all candles on??

In this order

middle

right

left

middle

Does it matter what the candles are like before I start? I read that it's supposed to open up a bookcase path.

That image is on the first floor? This opens a door back in the room adjacent to the starting area. It should have showed a cutscene where the door opens, if the right combo was used.

* There are times when the "right way" of clicking he candles doesn't work so I randomly go through them and eventually hit the right combination.

Oh, I'm on the 2nd run through. I've done that part where the door opens, went through eventually coming to the floor above the library, then taking the trapdoor back down to the 3 candles. I just can't figure how to get them to open the bookcase passage.

I read there's supposed to be a book in the bookcases that can open the passage but I can't find that either.

This is dumb.

I read there's supposed to be a book in the bookcases that can open the passage but I can't find that either.

I think that to see it you need to have decent skill at observation or inspection or whatever it was that allows you to notice things.

I never found out how to solve the candles properly, but if you just pull them randomly the correct answer will appear fairly quickly.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Need help urgently!  How do I solve the 3 candles riddle in Grout's mansion?  I've jumped down the hatch from the upper level and I read something about Perception, Mind and Time but how do I reach harmony?  What harmony - all candles on??

To be honest, I just pull them randomly until all three are lit. I've never really gave it much thought. It didn't take me many pulls at all either.

Edited by alanschu

I think those candles vary every time you play it. I played it a few times and the candle combination was not the same it seemed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester