Fitness and Health

Gabrielle

I work out 2 hrs a day 6 days a week plus I eat mostly spinach and oranges. Weird, huh. People think I'm a freak. But I'm a healthy freak! ANd I play computer games. EVen weirder.

:)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I used to bicycle/hike/dance (ballroom) a lot, but the older I get the more it takes to keep the balance and I've been sliding, particuarly since I've never been one for regulated exercise and the computer does nothing for cardio. heheh

I'm not a nutrition health nut but I do try to balance things out in that area, especially as I age. I still binge on 'bad' foods more than I'd like, tho. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I do nothing, eat little, and remain rail thin. At night, I can feel my internal organs nibbling on eachother... :ph34r:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

My flexibility sucks. I can't do the splits anymore.

My ex was into lifting weights, he was a big boy. I couldn't even dream of lifting the weights he did.

I also found working out as a good stress releaser. That would be another motivating factor to get back into it.

My back is giving me too many problems to do anything very strenuous these days. Sucks. I"ve been trying to combine photography with long walks tho, it helps some.

I hate public gyms. It's not embarassment...I just don't like people and staring at 4 walls while on a machine. Not to mention, being hit on all the time. :angry: Never tried an all-female gym tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm about as consistant as rain when it comes to exercising and eating right. I go through phases where I'm a total health freak ( minus the smoking of certain substances :) ) to phases where Dairy Queen is my best friend.

I'm currently contemplating signing up for a new gym in town, but I'm tempted to wait until February until all the New Years people get bored and quit.

And LC, you should really invest in a MP3 player. I find them very helpfull at the gym.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm into fitness and health... though I've been a slacker lately. They just opened a new gym in the building next door to my work now though so I'm excited to get back into it. Just went to the gym this morning. YAY! It felt really good to work out again.

But I agree... I don't like it when people try to talk to me while I'm trying to work out (unless I already know them and they're just saying hi).

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

I'll still take a good bike ride or hike through a hilly park over riding an exercycle in some mirrored room. Tho of course I know some people live in a areas where that's not really feasible. And I do have portable music players...it still doesn't keep me from being bored & counting the minutes in a gym. Not everyone is that into music. :)

I am in terrible shape.  I have tried to lose weight and the such but it never stays off.  I am overall not a well motivated person.  Then again nothing much motivates me to do anything nowadays anyway.

you sound depressed man :) . go get a pair of good running shoes and do 4 days a mile each (light jog) and curtail some junk food (its insane how much you can gain from a stupid bagel and the evil cream cheese). i use to be all super motivated and went to the gym 3hrs a day 5 days a week then i got married :) . gained like 15 pounds because i stopped regular exercise and i lost all of that just by a mile a day 4 days a week at like 50% pace and cutting down on the food. i got pretty down during that time too, but i'm back exercising like 4 days a week 2hrs a day and i feel a lot better mentally/physically.

I'd say it getting started again that is the hard part ! When you are in a grove its easy to go all the time or even twice a day but don't have that much free time anymore..

I seen to go in phases as well , 7-8 months strongth the rest lazy as nails

But I am contemplating starting again this weekend - My gym pass is still valid until end of feb..

The food part I find way harder to do .. Being a hard gainer- I had to eat tonnes and drink lots of those shakes to put on weight but once you stop you lose it again .. But I suppose it more about balance now eating fruits and vegs with the meats

I'm into fitness. My diet is mostly asian food the majority of which is rice and vegetables and roots cooked someway or another with the occasional meat dish thrown in, so I don't really worry if I'm eating healthy or not.

I usually try to get to the gym at least 3 times a week, more if I'm able. I don't want to be all muscular so I do about an hour of cardio and lift moderate weights/work on my back and abs for about an hour.

Then I stretch a lot when I get home. Never underestimate a good stretch session is what I say. :)

I go to a gym three times a week, I play hockey during winters, beachvolley during summers and winters (inside). Whenever I want to go somewhere I ride my bike, no matter the distance (within reason).

I'm not that interested in food, but my girlfriend keeps me healthy enough.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Muay Thai 2-3 times a week (1-2 hours), but my health still suffers from bad habits (irregular sleeping time, spending too much time in front of the computer). I don't have any diet and eat whatever and whenever I feel like and still stay pretty thin.

What I need is a mjaor lifestyle change in order to get my life around.  Of course being a unmotivated wretch that I am I doubt I will be able to do so without something catastrophic happening.

Well, i know its hard for you, but look at the positive things. you are motivated to post here and you are motivated to play vampire for 12 hours. So it isn't absolutely no motivation.

personally, i play soccer. per week i have 2 practices, an indoor game, and an outdoor game. i enjoy soccer, so the health benefits are very welcome, since it lets me pierce two fish with one spear (i felt like making a variation of the birds and stones)

LadyCrimson, if you're having back pains, I'd highly recommend going to a massage therapist. Not a relaxation massage, but a sports massage. A good therapist can really help relieve that pain. I go once a month, and it keeps me from slowing down on the hockey rink.

I jog a lap of the nearby park 3 to 4 times a week. I only do one lap because I'm lazy (not that long either, only 3.2km).

and no, it's not an idiosyncrasy (sp?) because I'm not bothered doing more than 1.

Occasionally I'll lift a 4kg dumbell I found in the house while watching the news but that's next to useless fitness wise - I just can't sit still.

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)