Best order to do the planets?

linda

Why is everyone saying not to do Onderon last? :p  :">

Cause there used to be/is an occasional bug where if you did it last, and you reached that point where they tell you to go somewhere and wait/do other things, the game would never continue or something (you'd be stuck forever waiting).

That's what I remember anyway.

Beyond that...people just like to have somewhere to go/something to do while they're 'waiting'.

I've never experienced that. I go there last and after I return to the Hawk after the scene with Kavar in the cantina T3 always stopped me going in and tells me about the message from Kavar/Tobin.

I dont see any point not doing Korriban last-you dont gain an party members-it's all fighting, and such-what do you gain by doing Onderon last? You get Mandalore-and Dantooine, you only get a party member if your female, and I can survive without Disciple. Thats why I always do Onderon and NS as the first ones-plus you can get a lightsaber on any planet you go to, not just Dant.-it's designed to get you a saber on the first planet.

Edited by Styur Voln

If you do my order it makes more sense to me. You get Visas during (2) and you can only leave dxun for onderon with max two extra party members (Mandalore being one of them) anyway. If you go to Dxun/Onderon last then you still have to go back to Nar Shadda and Dantoine to do Mandalores 'quest'. It just seems to be less work to do it my way.

(Signatures: disabled) 

I prefer to to Nar Shadda after Telos - and I usually go immediately back into the Ebon Hawk to trigger Visas (I've never had much trouble beating her, but save before, just in case) ... at this point I've got two light saber parts, and the third part and one additional saber are only two quick side quests away - complete Nar Shadda, and you've got 3 more NPC's (don't forget to take T3 to the Yacht for a bonus upgrade to him)

After that, it's usually either Korriban or Onderon - it doesn't really matter which (but you can get the coolest robes in the game - not to mention Canderous - earlier if you hit Onderon second)

Finally, Dantooine - go to the cave after everything else in order to get the best crystals (and at this point, you're as maxed out as you're going to be on your name crystal)

BTW - shouldn't this be in "Spoilers" ??

Installing the Pacifist Package is funny as hell. Too bad you can't keep it installed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest MacLeodCorp
Whatever you do, do Nar Shaddaa first...

It has 3 party members you only get when finishing Nar Shaddaa, and if you don't get them early forget about ever getting max. influence with HK...

I agree.... If you go to Nashadaa first, you will obtain more characters right away.

You will be able to obtain:

(If you are female:)

Mira - or - Hannhar

Visas

(If you are male:)

Mira -or- Hannhar

Visas

Handmaiden

Edited by MacLeodCorp

It has 3 party members you only get when finishing Nar Shaddaa, and if you don't get them early forget about ever getting max. influence with HK...

I agree.... If you go to Nashadaa first, you will obtain more characters right away.

Mira - or - Hannhar

Visas

Mira -or- Hannhar

Visas

Handmaiden

Plus G0-T0...Plus (if you get the remains from the HK-50s you killed during the game and bought the other part from Kodin or some other dealer), HK-47.

REason 57 to visit Nar Shaddaa-the city of dreams (and despair!)

Mira - or - Hannhar

Visas

Mira -or- Hannhar

Visas

Handmaiden

Plus G0-T0...Plus (if you get the remains from the HK-50s you killed during the game and bought the other part from Kodin or some other dealer), HK-47.

i dont like G0-T0

i dont like G0-T0

Who does? :("

Anyway both Dantooine and NarShadaa are good for being first palnets, and I usually do them first and after taht I go to Dxun(in order to pick up Mandalore)and Korriban for last.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Guest MacLeodCorp

Mira - or - Hannhar

Visas

Mira -or- Hannhar

Visas

Handmaiden

i dont like G0-T0

Hehehe... Either way, you get almost all the characters if you go to Nashadaa first. I can't see any advantage in going to Duxun first. Plus, I don't think your character would be powerful enough to take on the Sith Ambush..

Edit: Added::

Eventhough I am doing Duxun last at the moment, I am using an all non-Jedi team to raid the Sith Temple, and I am having a tough time.... I could not imagine sending Atton, Bo'dur, and Mandalore into the Temple at a lower level...

Edited by MacLeodCorp

Nar-Shadda was probably the best planet in K2. Sure it was ugly, but it was big, new, and had lots of stuff to do. Peragus and Malachor were boring, Onderon could have been better, and Dantooine and Korriban were both recycled. Dantooine is a good choice as first, but Korriban should definitely be done last. :)

Plus, I don't think your character would be powerful enough to take on the Sith Ambush..

That in itself would be the perfect reason to do, but maybe you don't like challenges? ;)

It's not THAT much of problem, really. I've done Dxun/Onderon as the first planet a couple of times.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Dxun is the best to do first becasue if you are planning to kill all the jedi masters, Dxun/Onderon is the best place to begin becasue you can build a lightsaber and gain levels before fighting your first jedi master.

I disagree - I've always been around 16th level, with two lightsabers, before going to Jek Jek Tar (and then on to G0-T0's Yacht) on Nar Shadda

Big Side Quest Spoiler / Quick and Easy Dual Wield Walk-Through ...

:devil: Beat Visas immediately for your second LS Part

:ph34r: Go immediately to the docks, stealth up to the aliens in the first room of the flop house, listen to their plan to rob Vogga

:cool: While you're in the flop house, talk to the human about saving his wife

<_< Go to the bar, buy Juma juice, talk to the Twilek auditioning dancers for Vogga, dance for Vogga (or have Handmaiden dance for Vogga), pour the Juma into the Kath hounds' watering bowl, loot Vogga's storeroom for the third part

:D Build your first lightsaber

:lol: Go to the refugee sector, kill the guards, tell the guy's wife the way out is clear (while you're there, talk to the pilot, convert Atton to Jedi, etc.)

:blink: Go back to the flop house, talk to the guy and his wife, get second lightsaber (if you're picky about what type (regular, short, or double) then save before you talk to them)

- If you trigger the Red Eclipse event on your way back to the Ebon Hawk, be sure and switch Bao-Dur into your party to build you the best lightsaber upgrades

- If you're 15th (or higher) level after the Red Eclipse fight on the Ebon Hawk, don't forget to talk to Kreia for a bonus level (and Prestige Class)

This is the fastest way I know of to get dual wield lightsabers ... and Jek Jek Tar is a cake walk with two well-upgraded sabers (not especially difficult without, but hey ... I just think you look silly carrying a LS in the main hand and a vibroblade in the off hand).

Edited by SamuraiGaijin

Hehehe... Either way, you get almost all the characters if you go to Nashadaa first. I can't see any advantage in going to Duxun first. Plus, I don't think your character would be powerful enough to take on the Sith Ambush..

Edit: Added::

Eventhough I am doing Duxun last at the moment, I am using an all non-Jedi team to raid the Sith Temple, and I am having a tough time.... I could not imagine sending Atton, Bo'dur, and Mandalore into the Temple at a lower level...

Hey, isn't the difficulty of an enemy based on your current level. I think so-and meaning the PC's current max. possible level (including saved levels)

depends if you want to play fair or glitch

if you want to glitch do

-nar shar half way and do the sick man in the refugee camp glitch till like level 30

or till you have force death and force lighting

-then go to Korriban gain the lightsaber and do the hssis glitch

-back to nar shar

-then dantoonie

-then onderon

all the character benefits are after you get all the characters on nar shar (mandsnore doesn't count as a character) so i would do other planets after nar shar and korriban

I do Nar Shaddaa first so I can keep Mira at a relatively low level before donning the lightsaber

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.