KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Like behaving a certain way will have NPCs labeling you a certain way? (ie. You heal a lot of NPCs and make a lot of medpacs, they'll view you as a medic or doc)

Like having a 'karma' from the onset of the story that might cause Kreia and every other npc to approach you in an entirely different way from the very start...even before you say anything. Accusing a person that looks like a paranoid homocidal maniac of grave robbery kinda seems like a bad/suicidal thing to do for instance. Having the heart of a coward (and not in a glass jar on a table) might have turned her more dominant and condescending...in that kinda way.

edit: damn quotes.

Edited by Janmanden

(Signatures: disabled) 

What you need to do to make KotOR 3 viable is basically rewrite KotOR 1 and 2and reset the level pacing a lot slower. I mean cut it by a third and then some. Then make KotOR allow the player the choice of continuing the story line with Revan or the Exile. Have the K3 game read the K1 or K2 final save game file and transfers the character over.

What you need to do to make KotOR 3 viable is basically rewrite KotOR 1 and 2and reset the level pacing a lot slower.  I mean cut it by a third and then some.  Then make KotOR allow the player the choice of continuing the story line with Revan or the Exile.  Have the K3 game read the K1 or K2 final save game file and transfers the character over.

... and then wouldn't you need to make K3 run on the same engine K1 and K2 ran on?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I doubt you would sell KOTOR I & II again in sufficient numbers to make it worthwhile.

You might if you could do the whole thing on the Xbox again since it wouldnt require much extra effort. But otherwise dont see it happening.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Of course not. But i don't want throw the story down in the dumpster either.

Thing is, where can the story go? Say there's another adventure for the Exile and that pissant Revan, in which they either fight whatever's out in unknown space or come back to the known galaxy to defeat/take part in some great evil. What then? Do they just go off into retirement? That's essentially the same thing as heading out into unknown space to never be heard from again. If they don't go into retirement, what do they do? More adventures? Storyline's not over then, is it? What's the satisfactory ending? Both games had an ending, and you're saying you want more. Why wouldn't you want more at the end of the next one?

I said it before, there wasn't a need to continue the story after KotOR 1, but they did it anyway. I don't see a reason to stop now either. Why can't the main character be a catalyst of events instead the "chosen one"? That would give fit to the story better IMO.

Also, they "broke" the d20 rules already in KotOR 1, making the player able to max out in a mere course of 1-2 months and almost completely threw them out of the window in KotOR II. I therefore, see no reason to use the d20 rules as an argument.

And i say it again, i never intended the player to actually have Revan or the Exile in their party, let alone control them, the player should be able to interact with them the highest. They should however, play a major role in the storyline as the game progresses, and if they die during the course of the game, then let it be in a blaze of glory.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Then the only other option is to scrap KotOR 3 and do a new storyline designed to be a trilogy from the beginning.

I dont see why you would have to scrap KOTOR III anymore than they would have had to scrap FF II because it had nothing to do with FFI or perhaps a better example FFXII because it had nothing to do with FX and X-2 (confusing aint it:D)

Knight of the old Republic implies two things. Knights (IE Jedi) and the the old republic. Beyond that it dosnt say the story of Revan, then Exile, or anything else.

If KOTOR Is going to get into the X's then it needs to identify as its itself, not with specific characters.

Unfortunately you cant do a trilogy on a computer in quite the same was as you can with a movie. A three year old game is going to look dated.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Not unless you are doing something that Bioware is doing for Mass Effect. SImply start the design of the game as a trilogy, then start withthe basic engine and game mechanics. After that is done apply the graphic engine. Obviously the Graphic Engine is going to determine how dated a game looks. I mean, take a look at NWN 2. It uses the same basic engine, minus the Graphics Engine, as NWN 1, yet it looks pretty damn modern to me.

Not unless you are doing something that Bioware is doing for Mass Effect.  SImply start the design of the game as a trilogy, then start withthe basic engine and game mechanics.  After that is done apply the graphic engine.  Obviously the Graphic Engine is going to determine how dated a game looks.  I mean, take a look at NWN 2.  It uses the same basic engine, minus the Graphics Engine, as NWN 1, yet it looks pretty damn modern to me.

Yeah but compare the specs of NwN to NwN II. Bioware will be working on the same specs for all three games in the trilogy. Fine if your going to do all three on the Xbox360 (assuming they dont burn down bioware HQ :o:o ) but not so fine if your planning on making the trilogy cross platform.

478327[/snapback]

Then the only other option is to scrap KotOR 3 and do a new storyline designed to be a trilogy from the beginning.

Good idea, i am going to re-post my story since i did it wrong last time.( Ima noob)

Okay, here is my idea for kotor 3, and im not gunna whine aboutlightsaber colors either or talk about how kool it would be to have revan or the exile or nuthin).

It starts off kinda Fable style, as a kid. You are a young child at a jedi academy before the mandalorian wars and you have a freind.. You do an errand or two to let the story progress. Now it skips a few years to where you and your freind are about 18, and goes to the point where the mandalorian wars are just starting. Here you have, choice to go fight in the mandalorian wars with revan and all those guys (they are not main characters of the game) or heed to the council's will and stay put.

Light Side (stay with council) innocent.gif (freind always chooses opposite)

You stay with the council and stuff and you end up with your master (as you have become padawan) and you two are sent off to some world near the outer rim to investigate reports of downed ships. As you go you find the workings of the true sith. So you fight a few battles and stuff and finally in the last fight your master dies to save you (like episode I). Here you do your best to suppress this threat from becoming known. After you succeed in doin so you return to the academy and report waht you found and did and junk. They feel you have earned the right to become a master and you pick your sub-class or wutever.A few more years pass as the war nears an end a This is the point where Revan and malak have turned and are starting to get their army goin n stuff. You are sent to a battleship by the council to do your best to stop them. As you battle your way through the ranks, you come across your freind. You find him come upon him fighting a sith and after he kills him he spots you. He has become some generall or admiral or sumthing and you must fight him or turn him to the light(I havnt decided if he dies in this fight or not) after a few exchanged words. This is where you learn that revan and malak are out looking for some "Star Forge". After barely escaping the spaceship you head back to the academy or wherever the jedi dudes are at the time. Now the council has more information about these true sith and you go on your way to do your best and suppress them.If your freind came with you he tags along as ayour padawan.(thats as far as my light side story goes, feel free to add on)

Dark Side devil.gif

You go off to fight in the Mandalorian wars with your master. A few battles are played out and at this point it skips a few years towards the end of the war. Here is where everybody goes darkside and you must fight off an attacking jedi force. You fight through a few jedi and you spot your master, injured after killing several jedi. You take advantage of this and attack him to take his rank (whatever you are he is higher). After a heated battle you kill him and come across one of the few survivors of the jedi assault (your freind). You can either kill him or turn to the DARKSIDE.

You here rumors of some true sith somewhere on the outer rim and if you converted him you take him on as your apprenticeor whatever padawans are to the sith. So you go to investigate these guys and they fight you (they think your POSERS and you disgust them)

That is all that i have so far, somebody else can fill in the gaps and/or send hate mail or whatever. cth_2008@hotmail.com

Why do they need to trash KOTOR III?

KOTOR II pulled of adding new things depending on how you finished the first game.

In case you didn't notice, they changes were small and really didn't effect the course of the game much.

Why couldn't KOTOR III have something like that?

I believe KOTOR III should be more of a defining point in the series

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.