KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

It may not really be news but darkhorse comics is coming out with a kotor series. In a interview with John Jackson Miller the writer for the upcoming series hints at a possible K3 to tie in with the release of the comic book series Link It's a long article but just scroll down to the very bottom.

That adds even more limits, since it would have to run in a way as to not conflict with the comic from the looks of that.

A comic would be the ideal way to tie up the story without needing another game though. Which would give a KOTOR III that had nothing to do with the comic a much wider appeal.

Anyone who is geeky enough to care about what happened to Revan will be geeky enough to buy a comic.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Bastila Skywalker, your sig is very annoying and your constamt raving about KotOR 3 is even moreso. Obsidian is not making KotOR 3 and with any luck they never will. Go bother the Lucas Arts forums if you want KotOR3. Posting this crap here is pointless and a waste of time.

It may not really be news but darkhorse comics is coming out with a kotor series. In a interview with John Jackson Miller the writer for the upcoming series hints at a possible K3 to tie in with the release of the comic book series Link It's a long article but just scroll down to the very bottom.

i love that pic with the main character on the speeder. it does sound like they want to move this into a franchise (i'm hopeful at least)

Bastila Skywalker, your sig is very annoying and your constamt raving about KotOR 3 is even moreso.  Obsidian is not making KotOR 3 and with any luck they never will.  Go bother the Lucas Arts forums if you want KotOR3.  Posting this crap here is pointless and a waste of time.

seriously how do you know? and people have dreams don't kill them with your anger

*i feel the conflict within you let go of your hate :blink: *

besides not everyone has that 49.95 to cough up for hyperspace!

How do I freaking know? I'll tell you how I know,. I pay attention. That is how I know. Obsidian is working only on 2 games. Neverwinter Nights 2 and Project New Jersey. Project New Jersey has been stated that it is not a sequel to any other game and not related to Bioware in any shape or form. Add to the fact that they don't have a listed publisher and if it was Star Wars related LA would be the publisher, that rules it being anything near Star Wars related. That kind of rules out it being Kotor3 doesn't? Last I cehcked Neverwinter Nights 2 is set in the Forgotten Realms and not Star Wars it seems to me that Obsidian is not working on anything Star Wars. Deal with it and move on. Don't spam these forums on your KotOR wishes. Its not going to happen in the near future if at all.

Edited by Judge Hades

How do I freaking know now?  I'll tell you how I know,.  I pay attention.  That is how I know.  Obsidian is working only on 2 games.  Neverwinter Nights 2 and Project New Jersey.  Project New Jersey has been stated that it is not a sequel to any other game and not related to Bioware in any shape or form.  Add to the fact that they don't have a listed publisher and if it was Star Wars related LA would be the publisher, that rules it being anything near Star Wars related.  That kind of rules out it being Kotor3 doesn't?  Last I cehcked Neverwinter Nights 2 is set in the Forgotten Realms and not Star Wars it seems to me that Obsidian is not working on anything Star Wars.  Deal with it and move on.  Don't spam these forums on your KotOR wishes.  Its not going to happen in the near future if at all.

Although it does beg the question why keep this thread rather than divert all enquieries to Lucas Arts dosnt it.

I expect they have something lined up since NwN II is probably nearing the final stages sometime early next year.Dosnt mean it's KOTOR III though they did do everything they could to keep LA "sweet".

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If its going to be KotOR 3 then fine, it will be KotOR 3 but lets not worry about such things til it actually happens. Personally I rather see all KotOR 3 threads locked and deleted. I just seriously hope that Feargus is smart and not have any more dealings with LA. They screwed over KotOR 2 and they shouldn't get repeat business.

Edited by Judge Hades

It's not so bad it's only one thread. I know, morbid curiosity makes you read it :D

KOTOR III as an offshoot of NwN 2 would make sense. Given the similiar nature of the rules systems. Plus you have what looks to be a nice engine for NwN2 so it's bound to get more use than just one game.

478327[/snapback]

Doesn't change the fact they would have to go through that joke of a publsisher LucasArts.

It's not like Atari are much better. I'm sure they learned a thing or two from KOTORII and I'm sure LA learned a thing or two as well.

478327[/snapback]

The only lesson Obsidiian needs to learn from KotOR 2 is not do business with LA.  I am all for a KotOR 3 as long as LA is not involved.

Or negotiate a better contract before they agree to do it.Post NwN 2 I expect Obsidian will be in a much stronger position to dicatate terms than they were at the time of KOTOR2 where it was all about previous reputations.

Thats clearly not going ot happen since LA own the property.

478327[/snapback]

Then they shouldn't even bother.  They should move on to better games,  better publishers, and so forth.

If they dont want to make KOTOR III then thats fine. But they may actually want to show what they can really do with a Star Wars game given the time and the freedom to do so. In which case best of luck to them.

478327[/snapback]

Its been proven to me without a shadow of doubt that LA will not let them to do so.  KotOR 2 is proof of that.

Well like I already said KOTOR II was very good for Obsidian (as a new studio) at the time and they didnt have much to bargain with. Based on a succesful NwN2, that changes.

KOTOR II dosnt really prove anything since the circumstances will have changed.

478327[/snapback]

Continuing on the aforementioned idea of a Republic/Sith war, it would be nice if in K3 you could choose to be Revan or the Exile, and to choose the path of light/repub. or dark/sith in the beginning, instead of the end in K1 and really not at all in K2. It would be less like K1 & K2 where there weren't armies ready to fight your armies, but a little more like SWBattlefront. Just my $.02.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

it would be sweet if they had item quests, quest specifically for items. Don't get me wrong i love random items i just would like to be able to gain the best items in a meaningful way.

A more intelligent random loot generator. How many bloody Carth Blasters did he have out there? Exar Kun must have got around and left his armor all over the place.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester