Its very hard to swallow...this new story line

Wow, what a pointless thread.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ahh, yes... just to prove my theory that the most useless, pointless, off-the-walls threads are always the one that last the longest.

Anyway, they haven't given you the story line yet, so you can't exactly say it's a bad story line, now can you? Still, I see you're trying to be a good sport about how it MIGHT be bad, so I'll say that I agree to that extent; we should be a little skeptical.

So far as waking up and not knowing where you are or how you got there goes...Ever been extremely drunk? You might wake up lying next to heaven knows what and having to chew off your arm to slip away quietly. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, it could be that Our Hero got konked on the head while reading the New York Times and got dragged there.

Stranger things have happened!

--Gheralt

Whitemithrandir whats your problem

My problem?

If two trains were coming towards each other, each weighing 18 metric tons, one at a speed of 120 kph and the other at 110 kph, and the wind blows parallel to the tracks at a speed of 50 kph, assuming a pressure of 1 atm, how much would the yankees win by if they played the rangers in cricket?

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

:o As posted in another genius thread in my opinion. This new story line from what we know if it is extremly flawed, How did the Sith get so powerful?

Finsihing the game as light side part 1 it makes no sense. On the other hand as a dark side player its completly feasible.

Another thing that Chris Avellone has clearly contradicted himself and his credibility is that in other interviews he states that the character has no amnesia will not get amensia, there are no flashes to memories vision profesies and more the "charcter" knows who he is and is fully aware of themselves thats paraphrasing but you get the gist.

But in a recent inteview thread/ response I read that the character/player wakes up on the asteriod mine field and does not know how the got there or what he's doing there.

C'mon I agree with alot of ppl here that the less they change the better TSL will be but thats almost the same begining that part 1 had verbatim. Whats with the "waking up" Obsidian has to wake up and not just use a Cookie cutter to make this game and say there a full original sequel bull. :o

Not yet another rant! WHY ARE YOU HERE? All you do is complain about this awsome game!

Well....he does have that right as a consumer. ;)

Once all that's sorted, you'll start out on Peragus Station, a mining complex situated in a rather inhospitable asteroid field. You wake up in the medical bay, and the last thing you remember is blacking out in a Republic warship. How you wound up there--and why the heck you're in your skivvies--are mysteries you'll need to figure out. Unlike the original Knights of the Old Republic, you'll begin the game as a Jedi, and so you'll be capable of handling whatever you encounter, regardless of your limited state of attire. As you look around the station you'll encounter an enigmatic woman named Krea who asks you to explore the station and warns you that you're being hunted. You'll soon learn that Krea's pretty tuned in with the Force (even if you aren't quite as attuned as you used to be), as she'll have telepathic conversations with you by using her mystical power. As you continue to look around the station, you'll eventually meet Atton Rand, who fills you in on Peragus and its dangerous locale. As you might have guessed, Krea and Atton will form the core of your first party in the game.

as you can see you just black out but you remember everything

I guess the point that JediMafia is trying to make is....is that he isn't what you call a suck-up. Not saying that everyone else here is, just saying that he is going to speak whats on his mind. Even though this is the Official TSL forum and the devs post here a lot, he isn't just going to tell them what they want to here. He isn't going to pamper them and say their game is all good and great and this and that. If he isn't liking something about the game he is going to voice his opinion. And after all isn't that what message boards is about? Voicing your opinion? Yes his opinions may seem to always be harsh and negative but when its said and done, thats what he is thinking and he is letting it be known. And I don't fault him for that and neither should you all.

Its nothing different though, that is how society works. The ones who voice their opinion tends to be the ones that are looked down upon. Take Charles Barkley as an example. He was one of the most open-minded NBA players of all time. He had something to say, he'll say it. He'll get fined a lot afterwards, but he spoke up. He wasn't what you call a "yes man", by just telling others what they wanna hear.

I was no different when I first came here to the forums back in March. I would voice my opinion and I still do. It was that it was more gloryfied when I first got here. Anyone remember Shdy? He used to always mess with me cause I was different and stood out. When I first got here there was a bunch of praises going out to Obsidian and such. Everything was positive and then here comes me, the odd ball. There were things that I didn't like about TSL at the time and I letted it be known, and what other place to do it on.....the official forums where the devs can actually read it and take into notice rather then just some random Fansite out there like TFN where devs really don't goto.

I know the devs here get tired of people like JediMafia and I. Cause we aren't yes-men and we don't always say things that they want to hear. We don't like something, we tell it. I know us two aren't the only ones like that here. There is MANY others of you out there that has things about TSL that you don't like....but these people (could be you) are too afraid to come out like JediMafia and I. These people are too afraid to be looked down on and be viewed as "complainers" and such. So they just keep to themselves. Which isn't bad.

Again, yes JediMafia and I complain a lot, but is that a sin? Are we breaking a law? What can Obsidian do? Sue us? Ban us from the forums for taking consideration of one of our rights, the right to free speech? Then again you all have the right as well to bash JediMafia and ourselves for our views, cause it is your right to free speech is it not? I'm just letting you guys know why JediMafia and I are like that.

When JediMafia made that comment about they should change this forum for fanboys only, he did have a point. What he is trying to say is "damn, I speak my mind and I get bashed for it. As if this place is only for those to speak 100% genuine of TSL. As if this place is a Utopia for TSL. As if you can only post here if you have something positive to say." At the end, that does sound like a place for fanboys.

But now onto the subject. As for the storyline so far I don't have any problems with it. To tell you the truth I believe the story is the best thing about the game so far, everything else is just okay. But I do like the updated robes....but the story is still the best part. For me atleast.

I guess the point that JediMafia is trying to make is....is that he isn't what you call a suck-up. Not saying that everyone else here is, just saying that he is going to speak whats on his mind. Even though this is the Official TSL forum and the devs post here a lot, he isn't just going to tell them what they want to here. He isn't going to pamper them and say their game is all good and great and this and that. If he isn't liking something about the game he is going to voice his opinion. And after all isn't that what message boards is about? Voicing your opinion? Yes his opinions may seem to always be harsh and negative but when its said and done, thats what he is thinking and he is letting it be known. And I don't fault him for that and neither should you all.

Its nothing different though, that is how society works. The ones who voice their opinion tends to be the ones that are looked down upon. Take Charles Barkley as an example. He was one of the most open-minded NBA players of all time. He had something to say, he'll say it. He'll get fined a lot afterwards, but he spoke up. He wasn't what you call a "yes man", by just telling others what they wanna hear.

I was no different when I first came here to the forums back in March. I would voice my opinion and I still do. It was that it was more gloryfied when I first got here. Anyone remember Shdy? He used to always mess with me cause I was different and stood out. When I first got here there was a bunch of praises going out to Obsidian and such. Everything was positive and then here comes me, the odd ball. There were things that I didn't like about TSL at the time and I letted it be known, and what other place to do it on.....the official forums where the devs can actually read it and take into notice rather then just some random Fansite out there like TFN where devs really don't goto.

I know the devs here get tired of people like JediMafia and I. Cause we aren't yes-men and we don't always say things that they want to hear. We don't like something, we tell it. I know us two aren't the only ones like that here. There is MANY others of you out there that has things about TSL that you don't like....but these people (could be you) are too afraid to come out like JediMafia and I. These people are too afraid to be looked down on and be viewed as "complainers" and such. So they just keep to themselves. Which isn't bad.

Again, yes JediMafia and I complain a lot, but is that a sin? Are we breaking a law? What can Obsidian do? Sue us? Ban us from the forums for taking consideration of one of our rights, the right to free speech? Then again you all have the right as well to bash JediMafia and ourselves for our views, cause it is your right to free speech is it not? I'm just letting you guys know why JediMafia and I are like that.

When JediMafia made that comment about they should change this forum for fanboys only, he did have a point. What he is trying to say is "damn, I speak my mind and I get bashed for it. As if this place is only for those to speak 100% genuine of TSL. As if this place is a Utopia for TSL. As if you can only post here if you have something positive to say." At the end, that does sound like a place for fanboys.

But now onto the subject. As for the storyline so far I don't have any problems with it. To tell you the truth I believe the story is the best thing about the game so far, everything else is just okay. But I do like the updated robes....but the story is still the best part. For me atleast.

but your forgetting maybe us "FANBOYS" are speaking our mind, i know i am when i say i loved the first game and im very VERY excited about the second one! and it seems to me that jedimafia is "voicing his opinion" simply to get a reaction!!