Xbox Live: Racist haven?

Surreptishus

If someone has a low opinion of gays or blacks, and indicates this through slurs when they are beaten by them, wouldn't being beaten by people said someone feels are inferior indicate that they are in fact even more inferior?

I mean, if one was a sensible homophobic racist (an oxymoron, I know), one would claim that the people who are cabable of beating him are all blonde, blue-eyed Aryan Ubermensch, right?

But ah, how logic is lost on such stupid and hateful people.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

According a 12 year old I played yesterday, my mother has an intense sexual relationship with him. Which, you know, is odd, because my Mom doesn't usually go for younger men. After saying this to the kid, he faltered, then quickly proclaimed "Your face!".

:huh:

Also, two things to things to any teenage punks who play on Live:

1. Just because you get killed, it doesn't mean that your killer is of the homosexual variety.

2. We all know you're thirteen and white, so lay off the street talk, "homie".

:thumbsup:

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Its not just "young yankees" who make racial remarks, thinking so is stereotypical and naive.

At any rate, the only "racial" remark I ever use is "Are you a Mex-i-can't or a Mex-i-can?" Mostly saying it during Battlefield or other PvP situations when someone on my team says they can't do something.

To me, this article makes a mountain out of a mole hill. Yes, you hear racist remarks in online gaming, but if anyone is taken by surprise they're really short-sighted. Giving someone an anonymous platform to spout off on will inevitably lead to the "hidden racists" coming out.

It's stereotypical and puerile, thank you.

Sheesh, you people. Most of Live subscribers are americans and the ones spewing this stuff are obviously either young or dimwits. I'm stating the obvious here. What's there to be annoyed about?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

How you feel about the racism depends if you're a target. While i am not surprised by racism i do not play online games so am not familiar with the type of stuff that goes on.

I suppose some of you are jaded or accept teh behaviour as a matter of fact but i know that my gaming experience would be ruined if i were to hear racist remarks. I know that in real life i have an instant gut reaction. Some insults are more emotive and carry more baggage than others.

I suppose some of you are jaded or accept teh behaviour as a matter of fact but i know that my gaming experience would be ruined if i were to hear racist remarks.

I have rarely seen anything but friendly bickering and the few times that some morons have felt a need to flame anyone but themselves there has been swift justice, but then again I've only played Anarchy Online and MUD (text-based MMO) online. Such outbursts never ruined anything except when they were allowed to continue and deteriorate...but it only ruined themselves as they became a laughing stock to everyone else...and they were subsequently noshouted...which is the ruin.

(Signatures: disabled) 

^The new-skool fps community is the a thing you haven't experienced yet then. It's all about instant satisfaction. King of the Hill, no matter if it's teamplay or not. Everyone who doesn't step aside is an **** and against you. You. You. You. That's what the audience is nowadays. Sure, there's stuff like Call of Duty clans and multiplayer mod communities, but they're all minorities. Elsewhere it's all about being the best.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

You pig!

kirottu said:

I play a MUD (Text-based MMO) quite regularly. Mostly adult playes that have been around for years and keep coming back. Small community with 20-40 players always playing around the clock. People from all over the world.

Youve mentioned this several times, so Im assuming you want someone to ask about it. As such, care to share which one?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Mom jokes are the epitome of refinement and good taste. The standard reply in any situation, that is; "that's what your mom said yesterday" never ceases to be useful.

You pig!

Case in point.

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Tbh I see nothing overly bad in people being racist over the internet. Words don't break bones, set people on fire or cut open someones scrotum. They do nothing except upset overly sensitive whiney people.

I'm not really much of a carebear and think the best way to combat racism is to just learn to give as good as you get, not flapping your arms about, and crying to mummy that the bad man called you names.

Edited by Moose

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Feel better now, Eru? :D

kirottu said:

Wow, e-people are being called offensive names based on biological traits?

1) Why is the article writer acting like that's new?

and

2) Welcome to being a girl on the internet.

That's nice darling, now you go make me a sammich while the men talk about important things. :)

[stalker]Her boyfriend wouldn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"They just kept on saying 'sp--' and 'stupid n---ers,'

A sp--? What in blue blazes is a sp--?

Long ago I knew a young man by the name of Black Jesus on atease, a Radiohead message board, and never, not once did it occur to me that he could possibly be black. I tend to assume all Internet folk are WASPs.

Nice guy though, sent me a leaked copy of an early Batman Begins script. I never saw him again and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. Where are you BJ... and why don't you reply to my emails.

Edited by Tel Aviv

"They just kept on saying 'sp--' and 'stupid n---ers,'

A sp--? What in blue blazes is a sp--?

Long ago I knew a young man by the name of Black Jesus on atease, a Radiohead message board, and never, not once did it occur to me that he could possibly be black. I tend to assume all Internet folk are WASPs. 

Nice guy though, sent me a leaked copy of an early Batman Begins script. I never saw him again and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. Where are you BJ... and why don't you reply to my emails.

:ermm:

Ahem, back on topic...

I play a lot of Halo 2 online, and yeah, people in general are complete ****. It's actually somewhat rare to find decent players who laugh about things and offer a friendly "Good game" after the match is over.

Then again, a good deal of it is just ****in' hilarious, and I love to mess with the people that do it. You'd be surprised how quickly people quiet down when you break in with a loud "BaAaAaAaAaAa" sheep sound...or make them think you're doing.........stuff.... o:)

All in good fun. Happens a lot...so either grow some skin, preferably the thick kind, or take your ball and go home.

And like Aurora said...since when is this new?

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast