Xbox Live: Racist haven?

Surreptishus

And you shouldn't be suprised. Most of the Live audience is yankees in their early teens.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I really prefer the Childless version of Fallout...my sense of humor is not backwards compatible.

EULA's and Policies of Conduct are really nice concept, but they don't change people and if people can't read (because they only understand 1337 h4x0r) or are too impatient to start to read and never ACTUALLY agree (just clicking on a button with some funny letters on it) it's quite futile. If you had to answer a few tricky questions before you were allowed inside it would be different.

I play some MUD (Text-based MMO's) too and even though 30 levels are mixed with all kind of things you must read before you can move on to the next level, a lot of people still completely fails that and ask questions they just read the answers too...except they didn't (they just type the words "Now type HELP LEVELS").

Look thru my post (just being rhetorical, stop that!) and you'll find a lot of dubious content, but I'm just having a friendly laugh about it and if I really felt that something I'd say might hurt someone I wouldn't do it. Mus fooled me once and I checked on him...

Most of the things I post can't really be understood, but it can easily be misunderstood, unless you flex the gray matter and think a bit unconventionally sometimes. Sometimes I try to make an effort to be understood and sometimes even that fails doh...but I'm not a quitter...maybe I got a troll inside, but hey, don't tell anyone.

(Signatures: disabled) 

And you shouldn't be suprised. Most of the Live audience is yankees in their early teens.

I was going to make a sarcastic remark asking you what that was supposed to mean, only with more swearing and racial slurs, but luckily I previewed it, because the board filter has a surprisingly small number of those filtered out. :shifty:

I was going to make a sarcastic remark asking you what that was supposed to mean, only with more swearing and racial slurs, but luckily I previewed it, because the board filter has a surprisingly small number of those filtered out. :shifty:

:geek:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The internet makes you stupid.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I play Unreal Tournament 2004 Team Deathmatch quite a bit and its on there too. No its not just Yanks either, even saying that is stereotyping. Really its down to the person who is reading. You can let it bother you or not.

The whole world is prejudice... except me, i hate all people equally. :ph34r:

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I admit, I'm not Mr. Clean Mouth on Live; I'm always swearing whenever I get fragged. But I never say the "N" word. Plain and simple.

So this one time, I was playing some online Halo, and this one stupid little bugger would not stop saying the n word. He'd just be "N*****, n*****, n*****, you all n*****, n*****...". So this one guy on my team is black, and he says to me that we should "own that bast*rd's little white ass." I agreed, and the whole rest of the game we just killed that guy. We went to his respawn points, sniped him, the works. After the 10th kill, he turned of his mic.

:D

My black team-mate added me as his friend later on, it turns out he lived close by, and we got to talking on the phone and such. We still keep in touch.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I've never actually played Xbox: Live before, but isn't it just the same as you get on PC internet games anyway. I've seen plenty of abuse to other players on PC games, whether racist or not too, although im not sure that Live abuse has the same caliber(?).

I am not surprised at all. I don't play consoles at all, but I do have a client for MUD and a 3310...

That's why I prefer the Childless version of Fallout... Not totally fair as some kids are actually quite mature, except my niece and cousin and a lot of other kids that aren't really supposed to be that either, but it's just a lot easier to spot those who are not...

I play a MUD (Text-based MMO) quite regularly. Mostly adult playes that have been around for years and keep coming back. Small community with 20-40 players always playing around the clock. People from all over the world.

There's a help system in place and you are required to read them before you are allowed to continue your progress. 25 levels with different missions ranging from reading thru all aspect of playing, dying, abuse, policy. Sometimes we get a new one... Does it work? Nah, people still ask questions to things they just read...or SHOULD have read, but of course they didn't, they just type the requirement "Now please type HELP POLICY to continue" which takes about a split second to do.

Same thing with EULA's and Policies of Conduct. But EULA doesn't change the nature of a man and while it's of course a noble idea etc., it's pretty futile as long as it's not used and checked upon...if you actually had to relate and answer questions it would be different. Most people just click on a button with some funny letters on it and then the adventure begins...I'm not really any different, but I just use my own morals and (un)common sense... :ph34r:

(Signatures: disabled) 

I've never actually played Xbox: Live before, but isn't it just the same as you get on PC internet games anyway. I've seen plenty of abuse to other players on PC games, whether racist or not too, although im not sure that Live abuse has the same caliber(?).

Since your paying for Live it's not unreasonable to expect some better controls. If it was a free service that would be a different matter.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Apparently people spout racist remarks with impunity on Live.

read:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1514305/2...?headlines=true

I don't have an Xbox bor have i ever played on Live. To those that do play on Live: what are your experiences?

This kind of stuff is disheartening but honestly i am not surprised. <_<

Racism (More people are homophobic than racists, it really pises me off when someone teabags me)? No. The people you see who usually start calling you names (which don't even make sense have the time) are usually 10 years old who voices haven't changed yet. It always makes me laugh we some punk little kid (after I steal and capture their flag) says he's going to come to my house and beat the **** out of me and than I ask them how old are they. There's a pause and they say 20 something in their small child voice (some times their voice even cracks) and I just laugh.

I admit, I'm not Mr. Clean Mouth on Live; I'm always swearing whenever I get fragged. But I never say the "N" word. Plain and simple.

So this one time, I was playing some online Halo, and this one stupid little bugger would not stop saying the n word. He'd just be "N*****, n*****, n*****, you all n*****, n*****...". So this one guy on my team is black, and he says to me that we should "own that bast*rd's little white ass." I agreed, and the whole rest of the game we just killed that guy. We went to his respawn points, sniped him, the works. After the 10th kill, he turned of his mic.

:D

My black team-mate added me as his friend later on, it turns out he lived close by, and we got to talking on the phone and such. We still keep in touch.

Something similar happend to me. This one kid kept on yelling **** (he said it atleast 20 or 30 times). I told him to stop and than he said he was going to kick my team's ass. We beat them 3 to nothing (we were playing capture the flag). After the game ended he didn't hang around in the lobby.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

According a 12 year old I played yesterday, my mother has an intense sexual relationship with him. Which, you know, is odd, because my Mom doesn't usually go for younger men. After saying this to the kid, he faltered, then quickly proclaimed "Your face!".

;)

Also, two things to things to any teenage punks who play on Live:

1. Just because you get killed, it doesn't mean that your killer is of the homosexual variety.

2. We all know you're thirteen and white, so lay off the street talk, "homie".

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I mean, what can you really do about it besides reporting it.

I'd think it wouldn't be easy to use some sort of voice recognition to censor such words

Not a lot.

They cant even do it with live TV so impossible sounds about right.

The only way you could really do it is to have a delay so that a conversation could be examined and beeped before actually being received.

I suppose you could swear at the recognition software but I dont see parents being to happy with their kids being told to say **** over and over.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

According a 12 year old I played yesterday, my mother has an intense sexual relationship with him. Which, you know, is odd, because my Mom doesn't usually go for younger men. After saying this to the kid, he faltered, then quickly proclaimed "Your face!".

:)

Also, two things to things to any teenage punks who play on Live:

1. Just because you get killed, it doesn't mean that your killer is of the homosexual variety.

2. We all know you're thirteen and white, so lay off the street talk, "homie".

;)