Christmas is coming!

Bokishi

Yep, christianizement. Such a jolly thing. I feel for Pan and Hecate.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yep, christianizement. Such a jolly thing. I feel for Pan and Hecate.

I think pan it doing fine. It's his sort of holiday now after all. Hecate probably gets off on the whole increased suicide rate and general mopiness that the holiday induces in some.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, you know those satyrs. Easy to please.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

While we're at it: First one who calls me a christian fundie gets a special christmas cookie. :thumbsup:

Served via rectum

kirottu said:

Well, you know those satyrs. Easy to please.

If those statues are anything to go by it's the Satyr women who are pleased :thumbsup:

Nymphomania :D

kirottu said:

Bend over and you just might find it. :thumbsup: Honestly.

kirottu said:

I love Christmas. Watching my daughter wake up and tear out of her room to go get her presents under the tree does my heart good.

Aaaahhh you big old softy :"> :mellow:

I know, I was thinking of ways to make fun of that too, but didn't have the heart...literally...some...o..ne....ca.::cough::..call for...helllllllll

0178ri.gif

Dec 25 was probably nominated to coincide (or hijack if you will) the Roman pagan holiday of Saturnalia. Of course, almost every culture has some sort of Winter Soltice celebration, i.e. Yule in the Teutonic traditions.

The idea of the Body of Christ celebrating a holiday that was not on Sunday was hotly debated by the Early Church Fathers and, later, was debated during the Reformation. The Calvinist communities of the New World went out of their way to avoid recognizing the day as anything other than a normal business day.

But certain things happened to turn Christmas into a major Western holiday:

* Hessian mercenaries were seen celebrating it in the New World during the Revolutionary War.

* Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol did much to make it pop in English-speaking countries.

* Coca Cola launched a "Santa Claus" ad campaign in the 20th century.

* etc, etc

I'm not suggesting that people did not celebrate the Birth of Christ, but they did it on Advent which is always on a Sunday.

I wish we didn't have to have Christmas decorations, songs and all that rubbish for weeks and weeks in advance. One week's preparation is enough, and any public mention of Christmas before December 18th should be banned and subject to heavy fine. It would undermine the materialistic commercial aspect of Christmas, leaving secularists free to move about in public spaces without religion in our faces all the time, and true Christians would also be happy because it would concentrate minds on the spiritual rather than commerical aspect of Christmas.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Child you hate christmas... but you plan to be a priest.... I see a logical fallacy in that. You're supposed to revere Christmas because it's when Christ your savior was born...

Why? My plans are roughly the same as Eru's(cloth and all), and I too hate 'mas. I hate what it stands for today. THe shopping sprees, the adds, the rushes and the ever-present 'mas-songs, which'll clot every station and store and monger. THe whole, "happy happy buy buy"-mentality. It being the messiah's b-day is a different thing altogether.

The messiah was born? :huh:

Well, whatdyaknow?

I think they should move the birthday back to the original day, in January. :("

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I like it because I get to buy gifts for everyone, and wake up really early with a great sense of anticipation.  I'm sorry to hear some of you don't have that magical feeling, but hopefully we all have some special holiday.

I like it because I can walk around outside without all the crowds of stupid people.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Child you hate christmas... but you plan to be a priest.... I see a logical fallacy in that. You're supposed to revere Christmas because it's when Christ your savior was born...

Why? My plans are roughly the same as Eru's(cloth and all), and I too hate 'mas. I hate what it stands for today. THe shopping sprees, the adds, the rushes and the ever-present 'mas-songs, which'll clot every station and store and monger. THe whole, "happy happy buy buy"-mentality. It being the messiah's b-day is a different thing altogether.

The messiah was born? :)

Well, whatdyaknow?

I think they should move the birthday back to the original day, in January. :-"

Meta, I thought better of you. You know, like reading the discussion through before posting?

kirottu said:

Just picked this up in history class.... Jesus was a guy who was born to a family of middling means, he wan't born as Jesus, he was a jew, he was baptized by john with the name Jesus. He actually had some claim to royal lineage, and he was born in 3 BCE (or BC as those of you christians call it)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The thing I like about Christmas is that its the one time all my old friends go back to my hometown and we get to catch up with each other.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Christmas blows. If my family didn't celebrate it I would have nothing to do with it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester