Pet Peeves

Azure79

I'm a pretty easy-going guy.

I take the 'if you're not bothering me then I don't care' approach to most things in life.

However there are some things that annoy me for absolutely no reason. Right now it's people who read things while working out.

I'd be running on the treadmill or peddling on the bike, huffing and puffing, when someone comes on the machine next to me, opens up a book with tiny print and begins 'reading' while going at slow leisurely place.

Now, I probably wouldn't be bothered if it was a magazine or a comic book or something with large print and/or pictures. But most of these reading materials look like textbook copies of some thesis on one subject or another.

I can hardly concentrate on my own thoughts when I run/bike. If you can concentrate on that tiny print and comprehend what it's saying, then you aren't exercising hard enough. Sweat a little for God's sake!

End of pointless rant on inane subject.

Its true though. If you can read most likely you arent concentrating on the exercise. Even watching TV is dangerous, many a time i have watched people fly off the machine because they became to engrossed in what they were watching. Also i get irked by rude people at the gym especially if they are weaklings.

Compulsory obsessive pen clicking... :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

People talking to me when I play computer games, I'm a classic example of a male only capable of doing one thing at a time.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I take the 'if you're not bothering me then I don't care' approach to most things in life.

However there are some things that annoy me for absolutely no reason. Right now it's people who read things while working out.

I'd be running on the treadmill or peddling on the bike, huffing and puffing, when someone comes on the machine next to me, opens up a book with tiny print and begins 'reading' while going at slow leisurely place.

Now, I probably wouldn't be bothered if it was a magazine or a comic book or something with large print and/or pictures. But most of these reading materials look like textbook copies of some thesis on one subject or another.

I can hardly concentrate on my own thoughts when I run/bike. If you can concentrate on that tiny print and comprehend what it's saying, then you aren't exercising hard enough. Sweat a little for God's sake!

I'll add that talking on a cell phone while working out drives me crazy. To me I just look and think what the heck is wrong with you? You can't stay off the phone for 30 minutes when you do your workout?

Oh, and also *cough* forum posters... :ph34r:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Ive got a friend who is completely hopeless, if hes doing something while you attempt to contact him he doesnt react even though you KNOW he can hear you. He just plain ignores you. Then he makes a point of it by saying "Yes, what is it?" after like 5 minutes just so youll really know that he could hear you all along and was just ignoring you.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ive got a friend who is completely hopeless, if hes doing something while you attempt to contact him he doesnt react even though you KNOW he can hear you. He just plain ignores you. Then he makes a point of it by saying "Yes, what is it?" after like 5 minutes just so youll really know that he could hear you all along and was just ignoring you.

That's just how most of us males are, Kaffy. Are you one of the rare breeds that can actually do more than one thing at once? :o

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I have been known to read whilst riding an exercise bike; usually a magazine (like New Scientist or PC Format or such), but I definitely DO NOT take it easy (soemtimes the jump from one level of difficulty to the next is so great that I lose my place momentarily, for example). I do this to mitigate the boredom of riding a bike indoors.

I don't mind running cross-country for hours, though (obviously not reading whilst outside), so it probably is the bike riding aspect that I am most trying to add flavour to.

Bad grammar irks me. And people using "b" for Byte. Actually I have quite a few pet peeves, so I will probably add a few over time, as they occur to me.

Just had some bad news, so it's difficult to think straight ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

People that not only leave their cell phones on during movies, but have the nerve to answer the phone and talk at lenght without any regard for everyone else..

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I tried reading a magazine while working out once, and it was a lost cause. I'm okay at reading the subtitles on the TV's when I'm working out, but I notice that most of the time I'm not really paying attention to what's happening on the TV... it's just a distraction from my aching muscles :D

As far as my pet peeves go:

I hate when people I don't know try to talk to me while I'm at the gym.

I hate when people use their cellphones in the gym/theater/and public place that is supposed to be quiet and peaceful. For instance - I was at jury duty in their "quiet room"... they had just finished explaining that you are not to talk while in the quiet room... and here's this retard yacking on their phone. UGH!

My biggest pet peeve is smoking. I hate cigarette smoke SO much... I get pissed off when the person in the car in front of mine is smoking. Nothing worse than driving down the road and having to smell someone's smoke from the next vehicle.

I have a lot of pet peeves though. I don't like lazy people either. I mean, I don't care if you're lazy on your own time, but when you're lazy to the point that you can't do your job, then it irritates me.

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

Too many to list. Obsidian's bandwidth would go through the roof if I listed everything that annoys me. But here's a short list.

1- People on my IM list who never IM me or never IM first. So then after maybe a month I finally IM them and they respond with "oh my god, I missed you! You never talk to me anymore [insert pouty sad smiley]!". Um? MESSAGE ME THEN YOU DUMB TWIT. You DON'T miss me, you DIDN'T miss me and you NEVER missed me if you couldn't be bothered to click on my name and send me a IM during that time. What you DID miss was being an attention whore and having someone message you to make you feel like you're the center of the universe.

2- Internet "bad ass". The kind of person, usually in their teens, but sadly some older than that, who go around to forums being intentional assclowns under the guise "lol you take this too seriously. get a life, loser". The kind of person who intentionally disrupts conversation with one line, elementary school insults because he/she thinks it's somehow funny. The kind who then turns around and says "lol if you want a piece of me, come and get me. I live [insert city which happens to be across the freaking world from you]" knowing full well that no one is going to bother hopping on a plane and flying 6 hours just so they can beat up a pimply faced nerd who resembles Napoleon Dynamite.

3- Phony people. People who pretend to act friendly but in reality they're not. People who pretend to like you but in reality treat you like an inside joke with their friend.

I'm sure there's more but those jumped out at me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

1- People on my IM list who never IM me or never IM first.  So then after maybe a month I finally IM them and they respond with "oh my god, I missed you!  You never talk to me anymore [insert pouty sad smiley]!".  Um?  MESSAGE ME THEN YOU DUMB TWIT.  You DON'T miss me, you DIDN'T miss me and you NEVER missed me if you couldn't be bothered to click on my name and send me a IM during that time.  What you DID miss was being an attention whore and having someone message you to make you feel like you're the center of the universe.

You meet those people in real life too.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I was at jury duty in their "quiet room"... they had just finished explaining that you are not to talk while in the quiet room... and here's this retard yacking on their phone. UGH!

I would expect that the authorities would not permit a mobile phone in the area; I thought jurists weren't allowed contact with the outside whilst a verdict is being determined (no newspapers, etc), so a telephone seems completely against the rules! :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have so many pet peeves that I should change my name to Pet Peeves. I'm one of those people whose thoughts you're glad you can't hear when I'm out among other people.

I hate old people who unnecessarily take up too much space at a narrow passage while walking in what makes slow-motion look like old Great War documentary footage.

I hate people who smoke at bus stops.

I hate people who come and sit right opposite me in the subway when there are so many more convenient seats.

I hate people who argue something, listen to your counter-argument and then just rephrase their previous argument.

I hate when the bus isn't on time.

I hate when the phone rings.

I hate people who can't do their jobs.

I hate it when a tiny store says I can't use my Visa when shopping for too low an amount when there's no one else in the store.

I hate many more things. I might share them all with you in due course.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I can only think while exercising. I have my study set up with desks at chest height so I can pace between books and read.

The more astute among you will have noticed I correspond with this forum while sitting very still. The even more astute will not be surprised.

I get annoyed by wanton acts of selfish greed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4339344.stm

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hate cold shoulders on mornings.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds