Recommend a favorite movie!

Rosbjerg

Saw is ok, but the villain was a bit predictable. My mom tells me to watch it saying ''You'll never guess who it is! Nobody guessed who it was so you wont either!''  Halfway through i guessed it, it was a bit of a dead giveaway.

Ahahahaha.

I tell you what, though, watch that movie at 3AM in a dark, empty apartment while your wife's out of town and it seems a hell of a lot more consequential than it actually is. That pig mask? Man.

I slept with my utility knife under my pillow that night.

I suppose it is pretty scary, in the sense that the psycho guy could come after you someday.

I think the girl with the huge metal hat on, could have slit the guys throat first, instead of plunging the knife into his belly and ripping out his intestines.

Eh. The premise itself isn't all that scary, but some of the atmospherics definitely are.

I remember the scene where the photographer got captured or whatever, with that dude in the mask in the apartment. Trust me, watch that part alone, in the dark, with no one in your house, and it'll get to you.

I thought the weird looking mask was a bit overdone, but it still scared me sh1tless.

The 40 year old virgin is amazingly funny.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

...and everyones been a film student :-" its a classic "I cant find a job so I think Ill study something fun&easy" thing.

Everyone named Kaftan Barlast perhaps. It's a hell of a lot more work than other stuff I've studied.

I know, I was sorely disapointed. There are few things that can kill an interest as fast as studying it at school :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

O.k. I respect your opinion about "Gladiator" , but why on Earth do you think that the "Scarie Movies" good???? :lol: (everyone is a critic :devil: )

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

As a conneiseur of fine cinema, Im always apalled by the disgustingly shallow taste in film that some people seem to have *cough* Gladiator?! *cough*

Im extremely bad at picking favorites so Ill just pull some random examples of what I have in my collection:

Dr. Strangelove - Stanley Kubrick 1964

Fallen Angels - Wong Kar-Wei 1995

Man bites dog - 1992

Riget 2 - Lars von Trier 1997

Songs from the second floor - Roy Andersson 2000

Disgustingly shallow. Dont I just love these constant attacks on my personal tastes?

the Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

the Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the Ring

the Lord of the Rings the Two Towers Extended Edition (yes, I have watched myself somewhat tired of those three but especially the first one blew me away on the first viewing.)

Pirates of the Carribean (good fun)

Minority Report (slightly disturbing and not completely logical but interresting nontheless)

Gladiator (Well done through and through)

Braveheart (Now dont get me wrong, I dislike the religious fervor that brought this one together but I have a soft spot for epics with selfsacrifice as their theme. It appeals to my ideals.)

the Others (I've watched a LOT of horror films lately but this is the only one that has made my list. I credit it for being moody and for not beeing nonsensical.)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (So totally me.)

The Truman Show (What can I say, I like Jim Carrey, especially in his half serious roles)

Shrek 2 (The swedish version is completely hillarious.)

the Incredibles (I was really down when I saw this one, and it lifted me right back up really)

the Matrix (Sure it's been a while since I saw that one and I hated the two following it. But at the very time that I saw it I loved it.)

Liar Liar (Funny.)

Unbreakable (The first time i viewed it the tape wasn't rewinded properly so I missed the first part of the film. It was almost completely incomprehensible then but that only made it incredibly charming.)

What people and especially critics should realize is that depth is not an entirely external thing that can be lain at the feet of things such as films and books. Depth is conveying an emotional meaning through subtle means. Subtle as to the perception of the observer. Those who fail to see those subtle indications also fail to percieve the depth (the emotional meaning that is being expressed), while those who see them too easily will not consider it depth, but rather something simplistic. Even so however, a main part of the depth lies in the resonance between the elements of the film and the viewers emotions, it is not at whole a part of the film but rather of the film and the viewer together. What is depth to one person is not neccessarily depth to another.

I percieve but one thing as being truly shallow, but I wont say what for the reason of not being shallow. Yes, that is more than enough for you to figure me out which is the exact reason as to why i hate conversation. I always make myself get caught in loops...

Ohh and by the way,

As a conneiseur of fine cinema
this is the kind of stuff that makes Frasier funny to me. Edited by J.Froste

the Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

the Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the Ring

the Lord of the Rings the Two Towers Extended Edition

Pirates of the Carribean

Minority Report

Gladiator

Braveheart

the Others

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Truman Show

Shrek 2

the Incredibles

the Matrix

Liar Liar

Unbreakable

You, my good sir, is a victim of cultural imperialism :shifty:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Brave Heart" was a nice movie, but "The Matrix" movies were dull indeed. "Minority Report" was a waste of time too.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

You, my good sir, is a victim of cultural imperialism ;)"

Ahh, but I will never realize how that hurts me, so I suppose that you will have to carry the knowledge of what I am missing out on. How cruel the world can be to put on you such a heavy burden, my heart goes with you... >_<

And give my regards to the emperor, I've heard that he has gotten some new exquisite clothing!

:D

Ha! I'd like to see Kaftan try and assemble a dignified reply to that >_<"

The Others isn't the scariest thriller i've ever seen, but it has the best story IMO. It's the type of movie you have to watch twice in a row, because the ending messes with your head so much that you can't sleep at night :ph34r:

That's a fantastic list of movies, and i wouldn't doubt a single one of them. I hope you never stop posting here.

P.S The Matrix was NOT dull. It simply isn't possible to watch such a revolutionary movie and call it 'dull'.

Here's one that i forgot to mention:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Possible the best Asian movie up to date...? If you haven't seen it then it's strongly recommended.

Edited by ><FISH'>

To tell the truth, I thought the Others was boring as hell. Now the Grudge, that freaked the **** out of me. It could have been the fact that I was watching it alone in the dark, or maybe it was the magic mushrooms, but that show really creeped me out.

And I thought Minority Report wasn't that bad. I just finished watching it for the first time the other day.

My movie pick for today is In the Heat of the Night. A 1967 classic.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0061811/

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

BASEketball, UHF, and Boondock Saints.

I thought "Boondock Saints" was interesting because - to my mind - starting from a beguiling premise of goodness and justice it leads viewers further and further into rationalization of depravity and evil. :wacko:

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Some that spring to mind:

Blade Runner (original version)

West Side Story

Oliver

Stand By Me

Saving Private Ryan

Schindler's List

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

The Stand - an epic story of good vs evil if there ever was one.

Titantic - an epic story of love, love lost, and tragedy if there wa sever one. It also has the most emotionally sad scene EVER!

The Deep End of the Ocean - underappreciated tale about the importance of family

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I would just like to say that it is quite homosexual to use a non-english films original title when there is a perfectly good english one,that might also result in us recognising what movie youre talking about.

:p"

And I didnt quite like "When the Last Sword Is Drawn"..

Yeah, ghey :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds