Epitaph for a forgotten forum

Reveilled

Today we commemorate the passing of a forum close to some of our hearts, and lament the deletion of the Other Games forum.

It is with a heavy heart that I remember the life of our beloved forum, ignored for so much of it's time on this board, and laid to rest so soon after.

Though I knew Other Games for but a short week, the forum held a place in my heart. I've known many forums in my time, but all of us gathered here to remember it surely agree that Other Games was special.

From its first thread to its last, it brought joy to our lives. It also brought us a cherished sense of danger, as we hid in it from the powers that be, breaking the rules and praying we would not be discovered.

But all things must come to an end, my friends, and as we lament its discovery and its passing into the great forum of the sky, I'd like us all to remember the good times.

The Other Games forum

Born: February 14th, 2004

Discovered: September 23rd, 2005

Died: September 30th, 2005

R.I.P.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Now now, let's not go about assigning blame. Good times, remember?

Incidentally, the threads are still viewable if you have them in your history file. Closed now, of course, but anyone with a long history file who viewed all the threads could make a list of the threads that existed with the URLs. For posterity's sake, y'know.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Incidentally, the threads are still viewable if you have them in your history file.  Closed now, of course, but anyone with a long history file who viewed all the threads could make a list of the threads that existed with the URLs.  For posterity's sake, y'know.

You mean like this?

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...&st=0&p=457128&

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm confused. :o

There was a glitch in the Other Games section that allowed us to create topics outside of the 2 main forums.

Also Flatus chose to create a new account instead of PMing the GM to change his user name,they share the same avatar.He admited it in the Lost thread,I think.

Just out of curiosity, how did it get discovered in the first place?  Was CoF's bait a success?

Battlewookiee found Ender's second Good Bye thread.

Edited by Baley

There was a secret forum in Other Games hidden from the eyes of the mods. i think Reveilled discovered it a week ago and then many people went there and posted stuff. Ender posted his tantrum there and the Fio discovered it and closed the forum earlier today.

Edited by Surreptishus