The Movie thread

Petay

But I did just watch again Napolean Dynamite funny stuff

I've heard nothing but good about this one too, quite annoying really, my friends seem to enjoy taunting me by quoting bits out of it, and i really dont know what they are talking about :geek:. Am in the process of finding someone to rent it off.

I have seen Napoleon Dynamite movie and in the whole thing there were two funny scenes. So it really isn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I loved Napoleon Dynamite. I laughed my head off.

Another movie I can wholeheartedly recommend is Crash. It's a surprisingly nuanced and funny movie about racism, made in the Short Cuts-style (several different stories that all connect somehow) and a cast that's absolutely amazing. Very emotional movie.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I loved Napoleon Dynamite. I laughed my head off.

Another movie I can wholeheartedly recommend is Crash. It's a surprisingly nuanced and funny movie about racism, made in the Short Cuts-style (several different stories that all connect somehow) and a cast that's absolutely amazing. Very emotional movie.

Manipulative film. Impressive technique, i left the film more depressed than before (which was hard at the time).

Bastards.

Man, there sure are a lot of horrible movies out there.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'd like to recommend Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. I really like how Guy Ritchie directed the films. For those who've no knowledge of them, they're movies set in Englan and basically about crimes that go horribly, horribly wrong. Hilarious movies.

Of course there are Godfather part I and II, both classic films.

For those of you who don't mind black and white with subtitles (or who speak japanese), there is Seven Samurai.

I'd like to recommend Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.  I really like how Guy Ritchie directed the films.  For those who've no knowledge of them, they're movies set in Englan and basically about crimes that go horribly, horribly wrong.  Hilarious movies.

Yeah, those movies are awesome!! There's another english movie called Twin City I think, which is funny as well. Taking a bit of a sober turn, Trainspotting is a really good movie too. It's about a bunch of herion addicts and they're life, but it's got funny parts at the same time. Highly reccommended!

How was the The Constant Gardener anyway Archmonarch?

Dunno. Never seen it. I just have a good memory.

draakh: Yeah, it is 40 First Dates that is his latest movie. I have seen that one too, its good, but not one of Sandler's best, a bit more serious than others.

Sandler's most recent movie was that remake of The Longest Yard. It wasnt good at all. 50 First Dates was a year or two before that.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

But I did just watch again Napolean Dynamite funny stuff

I've heard nothing but good about this one too, quite annoying really, my friends seem to enjoy taunting me by quoting bits out of it, and i really dont know what they are talking about :). Am in the process of finding someone to rent it off.

My opinion of it is that it has some of the most unlikable characters ever. I seriously wanted to reach inside my TV and beat the everliving **** out of Napoleon. The only 3 parts I liked were "Pedro offers you his protection" the skim milk line, and the dance scene. The rest was ok. On a positive note, its the most quotable film ever.

Anyway, I'm also getting all psyched for Serenity. Firefly is one of the best shows I've ever seen, and I love that they're making a movie. I just hope it does well enough to get either the trilogy made, or the series brought back and a decent attempt to market it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Spanglish.

I hate Adam Sandler films, because they are peurile. This one was very watchable.

Next film I want to see is on DVD: Maria Full of Grace, which is a beautifully bleak essay on many things, including the plight of the poor, with acting that is apparently second-to-none.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

How was the The Constant Gardener anyway Archmonarch?

Dunno. Never seen it. I just have a good memory.

draakh: Yeah, it is 40 First Dates that is his latest movie. I have seen that one too, its good, but not one of Sandler's best, a bit more serious than others.

Sandler's most recent movie was that remake of The Longest Yard. It wasnt good at all. 50 First Dates was a year or two before that.

Actually, I thought The Longest Yard was quite good. Didn't know it was a remake though. My dad even liked it and he doesn't usually go for Sandler movies.

I saw The Skeleton Key and it was really good. Decently creepy movie, though it didn't scare me (I don't scare easy, except with videogames), I didn't manage to predict the twist until over an hour into it. Either I was off or it was disguised pretty well, even though they dropped some hints.

Good movie.

WRT The Longest Yard, the British remade it a few years ago, with the execrable Vinnie Jones starring (he's the ex-soccer-player and violent knob from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch), where they changed the film to be about a game of soccer (a non-contact sport). :)

I remember thinking the original was pretty good, although I was quite young at the time.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Doesn't have to be a new movie, according to the first post.

I watched Fargo on DVD last night - I really love that movie. A movie has to be really dire for me not to enjoy it on DVD, but really good to motivate me to go to the cinema. I see not much calling me in the near future. To anyone who's seen The Constant Gardener: is it particularly worth seeing in a cinema, do you think?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)