The Movie thread

Petay

Hey all,

Thought i'd open up a thread where anybody can discuss/voice their opinion on any movie seen recently or recommend a certain movie to anyone, however old or new the movie.

I'd like to add i recently saw "War of the Worlds", and to be honest, i thought it was a great movie up until the end, which seemed really kinda rushed to me. (Warning: Major spoilers ahead:)

Why didn't they just cough on the aliens??

:lol:

Feel free to contradict, disagree, etc.....

I just recently saw Kung-Fu Hustle(Kong-Fu) and I have to say; it's pretty amazing when it comes to action flicks. So lighthearted and yet dark a theme. Fully recommended

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I showed Fight Club to my aged parents last night. My stepfather hated it, by my dear old mum thought it was fantastic. Absolutely cracking film.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've never really thought that much of Fight Club, but then again I got quite bored with the lack of action in the beginning (I think), and gave up on it. :lol:

I might give it a second chance one day soon.

Fight Club gave me fits. A movie everybody should see. It had probably Pitt's greatest work yet.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I enjoyed Fight Club quite a bit. It does have some pacing issues but there isn't really a perfect movie out there, so what can you do?

Lately I've been watching a lot of war movies, from Platoon to Kelly's Heroes to Heartbreak Ridge. I'm thinking about picking up Saving Private Ryan, but I might lean towards Apocalypse Now. Sometimes I find SPR creeps me out with those battle scenes.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'd like to add i recently saw "War of the Worlds", and to be honest, i thought it was a great movie up until the end, which seemed really kinda rushed to me. (Warning: Major spoilers ahead:)

Why didn't they just cough on the aliens??

:lol:

They preferred to stick to the book's ending.

Anyway,the Farscape Miniseries.

I just recently saw Kung-Fu Hustle(Kong-Fu) and I have to say; it's pretty amazing when it comes to action flicks. So lighthearted and yet dark a theme. Fully recommended

Gotta love the kung fu book seller. :D

He had the right attitude towards education and marketing. :p

I liked the queer guy too.

kirottu said:

For everyone who enjoys action: Ong-bak!

An absolute must-see if you enjoy high adrenaline martial arts movies. The plot is a bit basic, but the action is incredibly impressive, even for a non-action lover like myself. Even my girlfriend enjoyed this movie, for what it's worth :p

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Isn't that Myai Thai? Not Kung-Fu. :p

kirottu said:

If you liked "Kung Fu Hustle", make sure to check out "Shaolin Soccer". Basically the same cast and special effects.

I rented "City of God" recently and was really impressed. It's like "Goodfellas" but set in one of the worst cities in the world. The director just released a new movie that's supposed to be great, "The (something) Gardener"

I've been on a movie hiatus because I saw all the summer movies I wanted... But I did see My Fellow Americans recently and thought that was quite funny.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Fight Club is a great movie!! Everyone should have a copy makes you really think!! And ain't nothing wrong with releasing a little aggression :p The dvd shows the animations for the gun shot and the sex scene kinda neat

Not too much happening in theatre's now!! Heard 40 year old virgin wasn't bad !! Not sure if its worth too pay 11 bucks for!!

But I did just watch again Napolean Dynamite funny stuff

IIRC it's 'muai thai'. I think you just ordered a ****tail. Best ask Steve. My Thai is so rusty I recently confused a waitress nearly to tears. :D

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

IIRC it's 'muai thai'. I think you just ordered a ****tail. Best ask Steve. My Thai is so rusty I recently confused a waitress nearly to tears. :D

you sure that was your accent or was it your rougish charm?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But I did just watch again Napolean Dynamite funny stuff

I've heard nothing but good about this one too, quite annoying really, my friends seem to enjoy taunting me by quoting bits out of it, and i really dont know what they are talking about :p. Am in the process of finding someone to rent it off.

I just watched Once Upon a time in Mexico a couple of days ago. I was going in thinking it was going to be horrible, but I actually liked it. Not a great movie, but it

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I just watched Once Upon a time in Mexico a couple of days ago.

Is that the one featuring Brad Pitt (I think) and some girl who are fugitives or something along those lines?? :geek:

I have got really into Adam Sandler movies recently, and can definatley recommend "Happy Gilmore" and "Billy Madison" to anyone who hasnt seen it. Pure Gold!!