HK-47 in SW Galaxies game

4000 years, Captain Oblivious :shifty:

Woah, how have these boards survived without your witty (and still ever so informative) comments?

Last time I checked droids don't "die". Plus HK runs on energizer batteries that keep going and going and going...

You try to keep your PC running for the next 4000 years and then tell me. :-

Not to mention that your PC doesn't get shot at regularly (I hope).

My PC can always be fixed though :)

What's next a HK-47 FPS?

Project Swoop Racing?

Galaxy Championship Pazzak?

Ebon Hawk Flight Sim?

Darth Nihlus' Idol?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

LucasArts: You can expect a certain comically psychotic droid from 4,000 years in the past to make an appearance. Believe me, he wants to "terminate all meatbags."

Fans: *Gasp* You mean...

LucasArts: You guessed it, T1-N1 will be featured in our next LA hit!

Fans:...

LucasArts: You know... the Czerka Mainframe droid?

Fans: :shifty:

I actually think it's pretty cool to see HK-47 in SWG... Ties KOTOR to the trilogy

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

There is no "big deal". It is just another example of LA milking a dead goat, after milking it to death in the first place.

Fanboys of KotOR seem to be possessive of HK-47 for some reason (well, that's part of the definition of "fanboy", I suppose), but the real news is just that LA hasn't learnt to be a better publisher.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There is no "big deal". It is just another example of LA milking a dead goat, after milking it to death in the first place.

^What he said.

For me it's not a case of "omg Lucasarts is using my precious droid?!?!?!", it's a case of Lucasarts re-using popular ideas/characters to try and sell something instead of coming up with something interesting in its own right.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I liked HK-47, but I think this is going too far. I wonder if this is one reason why they didn't explain HK's future in K2? But all they're doing is here is exploiting a popular character as much as they can to make money out of a title. The only hope I can derive from this is that we might see a K3 made, because in that we might see closure on his character, esp explaining HOW he would end up in the Galaxies universe. Naturally, if HK really is in the game, then he's of course going to be suffering his usual memory loss and not remember a thing about anyone from K1 or K2.

you know it doesn't have to be 47, it could be 88 or 51 or 20000000 if they wanted, you just have to keep the personality and its data in place.

And why do they have Obi on Mustafar? I would think he'd be lurking on degobah or somthing.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And why do they have Obi on Mustafar? I would think he'd be lurking on degobah or somthing.

Same reason Lucasarts chose HK-47 as the droid: to capitalize on the novelty of a popular and known person/place/thing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Just reading through the Restoration stuff, it does raise a few points

It seems fairly obvious that had Obsidian been given the time to finish their game, HK-47 is right alongside G0-T0 and the Remote by the mass shadow generator thingy, and in the lightside ending, obviously goes up with the rest of Malachor...unless he shot G0-T0, left the Remote, then pelted it towards the Academy to hitch a ride with the rest of them before the Remote flicks the switch. Although still, Malachor doesn't explode, it just drifts apart, so perhaps HK could survive, riding a part of the planet out into space hoping to salvage a ship in the graveyard outside the planet, and so is eventually found by hte next character, and so it goes on from there. Suppose that's totally irrelevant anyway, since LucasArts have already closed the case on KOTORII, so the "ending" as it stands is the official chain of events, so who knows...

I mean, I'm not too angry about HK-47 lasting four thousand years and appearing in the Civil War period - I was more peeved by the Imperial Interigation Droid and Imperator Star Destroyer (effectively) appearing four thousand years before the Civil War period.