The Ebon Hawk

Well, when i enter the Ebon Hawk, i have go see HK-47, and he tell me that there is a Navicomputer in the ebon hawk, but it's locked and voice-printed, and he said that T3 can unlocked it......but my question is, How can i convince T3 to unlock the Navicomputer?

Thanks for the response

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

i don't think you can unlock the navicomputer itself, but when you have enough repair and computerskill and not to mention enough influence with t-3 you can unlock a secret message from bastilla in the memory core of t-3 which explains alot i think.

One thing about that navicomputer (and yes, the others are right - you can't unlock it) is just who voice-locked it.

I've seen a lot of people say that it was Kreia, but I don't think it's ever actually revealed - she just says on Peragus that she has the only means to unlock the navicomputer, not that she can unlock it herself.

I always got the impression that the only one who can "unlock" the navicomputer (in the sense that he can override the lockout) is T3-M4, and HK-47's comments even suggest that at one point, I think.

My conclusion is that it was actually Revan who voicelocked the computer. Therefore only T3 can navigate the Ebon Hawk, and nobody can uncover where the ship went unless T3 allows it, which he never does (except perhaps after the game ends...). If Revan locked the navicomputer, it might also tell us why he apparently deactivated HK-47 and wiped his memory core - he knew he couldn't trust HK-47 to follow his order to not reveal anything, and so he wiped his core to prevent him from mimicing his voice.

I think it was Revan too, and the only way Kreia was able to get to you on that ship was with T3-M4's help, although you wonder why he doesn't unlock it for the Exile, who's become the new owner of the ship... Unless that would be T3-M4...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

As i can see, there is nothing i can do about it

Sorry, but no. Never a chance, so don't lose any sleep over it.

Total Spoiler:

The presumption at the end of the game is that you leave to find and aid Revan in the Unknown Regions in his fight against the true Sith. Though it's never said so, I always thought that T3 unlocked the navicomputer at that point so that you could go where Revan had gone, especially in the LS end of the game.

IRT spoiler

So then where would that leave T3? Would he have sat on Malachor when it disintegrated into 5 million pieces? I do agree that when when the Exile heads to the Unknown Regions to face Revan, he'll unlock the navicomputer, but I doubt it'll be straight from Malachor V to Revan at that point

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Total Spoiler:

The presumption at the end of the game is that you leave to find and aid Revan in the Unknown Regions in his fight against the true Sith. Though it's never said so, I always thought that T3 unlocked the navicomputer at that point so that you could go where Revan had gone, especially in the LS end of the game.

You know, that got me to thinking about another thing with Revan. He was supposed to be this genius strategist. Maybe he foresaw Kreia's evil and instructed T3 to not unlock the nav computer until the Exile had defeated Kreia so that Kreia wouldn't be able to find Revan. Once Kreia was defeated, T3 could then allow the Exile to know Revan's whereabouts.

Make any sense?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i don't think you can unlock the navicomputer itself, but when you have enough repair and computerskill and not to mention enough influence with t-3 you can unlock a secret message from bastilla in the memory core of t-3 which explains alot i think.

I didn't know you could unlock a message from Bastila from T3-M4. I guess you have to do all the [Repair] and [Computer] upgrades to do that, huh? I usually don't have my main character concentrate in those areas. (mostly just Persuade and Treat Injury) But, I'd like to see that, so I guess I'll do that this time since I just started my 7th time thru with a Jedi Sentinel.

Total Spoiler:

You know, that got me to thinking about another thing with Revan. He was supposed to be this genius strategist. Maybe he foresaw Kreia's evil and instructed T3 to not unlock the nav computer until the Exile had defeated Kreia so that Kreia wouldn't be able to find Revan. Once Kreia was defeated, T3 could then allow the Exile to know Revan's whereabouts.

Make any sense?

Yes. Or you might be an apopheniac. Or a paranoid Revanmaniacal. He was a strategist, not a clairvoyant.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I didn't know you could unlock a message from Bastila from T3-M4.

Yes!, and when you play female exile, and by playing dark side, well T3-M4 have a message from Carth

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

I didn't know you could unlock a message from Bastila from T3-M4. I guess you have to do all the [Repair] and [Computer] upgrades to do that, huh? I usually don't have my main character concentrate in those areas. (mostly just Persuade and Treat Injury) But, I'd like to see that, so I guess I'll do that this time since I just started my 7th time thru with a Jedi Sentinel.

you don't have to do all of the computer and repair upgrades. just have high enough skill in intelligence and computer use I think.
Yes!, and when you play female exile, and by playing dark side, well T3-M4 have a message from Carth
it all depends on what you choose revan to be. if you choose revan to be dsm you get ds bastila, if you choose dsf you get carth in his kotor1 clothes, if you choose lsm you get ls bastila and if you choose lsf you get carth in his admiral clothes.

• 2 weeks later...
Total Spoiler:

Make any sense?

I like this idea ^ :thumbsup:

Total Spoiler:

Make any sense?

I like this idea ^ ;)

I think that's a good one. :)

Alternatively, perhaps Revan know that the Exile would be weak, a human "droid" (despite what Kreia said about Revan loving to use droids to do most of the dirtywork -HK for instance-), and so by instructing T3 to lock the computer, fly with Kreia after the Exile, Revan forced the Exile and Kreia to travel together. Perhaps Revan thought that being with Kreia may re-awaken the Exile's ties to the Force quickly, as well as open his/her eyes to what was really going on. When the Exile had progressed far enough, when the Exile had grown powerful enough to eclipse even Kreia, then perhaps the Exile would be ready to join Revan in the greater fight. Perhaps Kreia is letting on more than she knows, and is just a part of a greater test sent to the Exile by Revan her/himself. Whether Revan told Kreia to do what exactly what she did is another matter, but at the end of the game, the Exile has been nurtured by events into an extremely powerful Jedi (or Sith) - a very valuable ally, no? More than coincidence, yes?

/edit - -unspoilerfied just to be on the safe side of darthbass123... ( :) )

Alternatively, perhaps Revan know that the Exile would be weak, a human "droid" (despite what Kreia said about Revan loving to use droids to do most of the dirtywork -HK for instance-), and so by instructing T3 to lock the computer, fly with Kreia after the Exile, Revan forced the Exile and Kreia to travel together. Perhaps Revan thought that being with Kreia may re-awaken the Exile's ties to the Force quickly, as well as open his/her eyes to what was really going on. When the Exile had progressed far enough, when the Exile had grown powerful enough to eclipse even Kreia, then perhaps the Exile would be ready to join Revan in the greater fight. Perhaps Kreia is letting on more than she knows, and is just a part of a greater test sent to the Exile by Revan her/himself. Whether Revan told Kreia to do what exactly what she did is another matter, but at the end of the game, the Exile has been nurtured by events into an extremely powerful Jedi (or Sith) - a very valuable ally, no? More than coincidence, yes?

It doesn't make sense.

Unless you believe that Revan could predict whether the Exile would become a Sith or a Jedi. AND you believe that Revan could predict, accurately, that the Exile would defeat Kreia in her home base (assuming Revan even knew that Trayus was still in existence).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It doesn't make sense.

Unless you believe that Revan could predict whether the Exile would become a Sith or a Jedi. AND you believe that Revan could predict, accurately, that the Exile would defeat Kreia in her home base (assuming Revan even knew that Trayus was still in existence).

But the Force does give you visions. :thumbsup:

I really do believe this. Because in the immortal words of Triple H, Revan is "that...damn...good!".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It doesn't make sense.

Oh I'm absolutely sure Revan knew Trayus was still in existance, but I was about to say "Oh, it doesn't really matter whether the Exile is DS or LS because Revan still left regardless of being DS or LS..." but then, the DS ending to TSL is all basically "No, I think I'll hang around here for a while".

But I think Revan could predict that Kreia could and would train the Exile to be able to eventually beat her, after Revan being Kreia's Padawan and all, Revan probably knows Kreia all too well. Considering the end of the game was horribly rushed, who knows what was originally intended though, with I think various parts of Kreia's character and actions throughout the game all pointing towards a headlong dive into a blackhole come the end.

That's just my whimsical opinion though :thumbsup:

In the discussion with T3-M4 about the Bastila/Carth holo, you can learn that T3 was sent to find help, and found the Exile ... as for the voice locking, I'd bet T3-M4 has the key, otherwise, why would T3-M4 disable HK-47 when HK-47 asks him about the navicomputer?

Along similar lines ... "how did HK-47 get disabled in the first place" - the mechanical reason is given ... suffered numerous blaster shots at close range - but the "why?" is not ...

- I believe that Revan disabled him - to prevent HK-47 from following - and locked him in the alcove, knowing whatever help T3-M4 found (the Exile) would explore the ship, find HK-47, re-activate him, and bring him along to the Unknown Regions.

Unfortunately, following this logic, these conclusions lead to one of things about the future of KOTOR (or some combination):

- K3 will be about Revan and Exile in the Unknown Regions (since T3-M4 and HK-47 "have" to be central characters to the KOTOR series)

- K3 will have yet another contrived reason to have T3-M4 and HK-47 relatively powerless, and with memory gaps (self-imposed or caused by irreparable damage)

- K3 will not have T3-M4 or HK-47 at all, or will have limited cameo appearances.

None of these are particularly appealing, as I really liked the character built into T3-M4 in K2, and still have extremely fond memories of plussing up repair, and trying to find repair-related items so that I could unlock HK-47's next - "and that's how my next master died" story in K1.

" ... but I've never seen such devotion in a droid before."